If you won the lottery tomorrow would you commit suicide?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
greywings

greywings

floating; sinking
Mar 4, 2022
i don't think it'd make me stop wanting to ctb. i've wanted it to some degree all my life, even when i had more "hope." it would definitely change my plans and method though.

i'd live longer, get my friends into secure situations, see what i could do about some of the social issues i care for, and find a way to get N once i couldn't endure it anymore. it's not my financial situation driving me to this. the way some folks can be cruel to others has just been hurting so much, and you can't fix that with money.

EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
I

IDIABUSE

Jan 24, 2023
no I'd buy a penthouse and stay high or drunk out of my mind indefinitely
Same here. Stay doped up on heroin and custom synthesized dextrorphan and away from abusive parents forever.

Waiting 6 years for hair to grow back will be tough though, but enough drugs and money could make it manageable.

Unfortunately not the reality though.

FailerQt.

FailerQt.

Crazy bish
Mar 17, 2023
No, because that would allow me to try the very last thing that could work. That could revert my main reason.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
It would certainly help but idk, id probably still ctb a few years later

swanegg333

swanegg333

#1 faceless character fan
Jun 19, 2023
Not really sure. Money would solve a lot of the issues i have but ultimately they're surface level. ive got schizoaffective depressive type and c-ptsd as well as autism and ocd tendencies, and those cant really be solved with money. even if i won the lottery i still cant move out because of my parents, but i could probably run away but im paranoid about being tracked lol

Beyond_Body

Beyond_Body

Jun 18, 2023
if it would mean i never had to work again, than no. at least probly not in near future

Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
Physician-assisted suicide. Even with a million, I can't buy my health back!!!

Last edited:
thebookofdisquiet

thebookofdisquiet

Jul 21, 2023
Yes, but somewhere beautiful and using inert gas instead.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Griffith_NPD

Griffith_NPD

I plead of thee have --- S y m p a t h y for me
Jul 21, 2023
Yes, I would still CTB, but I would give all that money to whom I love. To make life easier on them...

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
It's not about the money, I just wanna be happy.

NightshadeDreamer

NightshadeDreamer

Student
Apr 28, 2023
Actually no, because part of my mental struggle is that I feel ill-equipped to make the world a better place. If money wasn't an issue, I would probably have a massive greenhouse and art studio so that I could run art and nature therapy sessions for youth. Then I would feel better about living.

• Love
Reactions: dreamingofrest, delora and Sweet Tart
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I would postpone my suicide. Once I spend that money and live my life the best I can with that money, I will CTB.

Shaylla1998

Shaylla1998

Jul 9, 2023
A large sum of money cannot solve the issues I have with this world. I would CTB regardless.

Sapphire

Sapphire

Student
Nov 22, 2022
I would still ctb. Money can't solve any of my problems. I wish it was that simple.

Penitente

Penitente

Jul 28, 2023
I took part of an inheritance from one of my grandparents and received a good amount of money, enough to travel anywhere or spend on anything and the truth is that by then my decline was such that I only spent for a couple of things that I needed, some improvements at home and nothing more. There I just reenforce the emptiness I feel of this life and the material, of course the first day was like "wow I have this" but then it didn't mean anything to me.

When you're already too broken and hurt there is no money that can make you see things differently, maybe it can give you a little more encouragement to maybe try to do something different, but as I said before as hurt and broken as one may be, that feeling will come with an expiration date.

In the end that was how I felt.

H

Hoping_for_miracle

Jul 28, 2023
Yes. My problems are entirely social; a fat stack of money would not help me there.

Barteljaap

Barteljaap

Jan 17, 2021
No.

It wouldn't really solve my problems, but I would be able to cope in much more elaborate ways.

delora

delora

Lola (she/her)
Jun 5, 2023
I don't know. Maybe.
I'd definitely stash some N.

I would for sure still have the ideation, as that's something that I haven't been able to get rid of even after "fixing" various aspects of my life. Plus, my current main reason (the prospect of losing someone I love due to health complications) cannot be solved with money. So if that happens, it's goodbye no matter what.

But it'd be so nice. My partner would be ecstatic. We could just invest and then relax, like a lifelong vacation. Do whatever we wanted, no longer having to carry the burden of financial worries, living together in what we both consider to be the "ideal existence". That would keep me around for as long as it was going on.

A lot of people argue that money won't buy happiness, but there are a lot of things that money can do to make life more bearable, at the very least.

Reactions: hodbu
H

hodbu

Just give me peace, please
Apr 23, 2023
No, because the stuff that makes me depressed and unhappy right now in my life can easily be solved with money, so I'd live for a while at least and do all the things I wanted to do but couldn't due to lack of money.

This isn't to say that I won't be contemplating death and would definitely want to take my own hold of it, but just that I'll stick around for a while longer to enjoy traveling, wait until the novels I've been following are finished, and then I might go.

cloakedbear

cloakedbear

Jul 28, 2023
honestly probably not. having all that money would solve a handful of my problems. unfortunately, even when a tangible solution technically exists i know i'll realistically never have that kind of money without stress or depression so the reality is back to wanting to ctb.

IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
Most likely not. A majority of my problems stem from lack of money. If I could even just afford ADHD meds it would change my life probably. Still I would feel very misanthropic and depressed about the state of the world and the fact that some people just have to suffer because of the circumstances of their birth essentially. If I had enough money to live somewhere away from people and like homestead I would be happy enough to not ctb.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Hell no.

Reactions: sserafim and IfyouareamanWinston
Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
I wouldnt feel like I deserved the money. If anything it would make me feel more guilty because I know theres others that would need it more. I'd probably divide it up amongst the people I love first and then donate the rest to charities. Then ctb at some point.

I

ItsMeUnique

No beauty shines brighter than that of a good hear
Sep 28, 2023
It would improve living conditions a ton and a lot of worries would go away. So it would help a ton. But mental issues will never really go away for me, but the CTB plans will then go on hold for sure. Id try to make the best of it as much as possible, for as long as i can.

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i'd still ctb i'd just buy the materials w that kind of money lol

Microwave

Microwave

Jan 1, 2023
Sadly, yes. My wish isn't to become a part of society that is more privileged. My wish is for my mental and emotional trauma to end. Money won't ever take away the abuse and unlove my mother showed me. It won't remove the pain of abandonment by my father. It won't fill the void of rejection in my life. My wish is for LIFE, everywhere, to get better. My wish is to have REAL, SUBSTANTIAL LOVE in my life. To be able to have children and raise them in a world that is expanding and improving, not dying. I want my own little happily ever after. That doesn't mean a mansion. The money would be nice, but I still live in THIS world. The post-COVID world. A dying world. Air is polluted. Water is undrinkable. Food is killing people. Humans are more unsavory and insufferable than I ever remember. But... I can comfortably go to Target and buy stuff... while society is still functioning.

From my perspective, this whole situation (life) is fucked. Whether you're rich or poor. That fact is starting to rear its ugly head. Look around. Everything is collapsing. Humans are DEVOLVING. Even money is changing. I don't consider being (temporarily) privileged in a hellscape will sway me from my decision. If I could actually achieve a peaceful life with a woman who loves me dearly and sincerely, if I could bring children into a world where they can flourish and actually have a chance to solve problems rather than pass down an unwinnable, futile fight for survival, if I could have a simple life to take care of my family and be a part of an actual, functional community... if the lottery could get me that...

Maybe.
Well said brother. I feel the same way.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Depends on what winning the lottery means. If it means never having to work again? Probably just travel become a nomad see the world or move somewhere warm far away either way avoid people and relationships. I just don't see the point.

Reactions: sserafim