If you won the lottery tomorrow would you commit suicide?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
Yes because honestly I don't really care about money. The only thing I care right now and that makes me happy is the girl of my dreams. And because of life and some wrong choices of mine, I lost her. So yes I don't care about anything :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and heavyeyes
dreamist

dreamist

sigh
May 27, 2023
Having money seems nice but money would not solve any of the things I hate about myself. Maybe it would only stop these thoughts for a little bit.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it would definitely delay my CTB. Money- or rather- the need to acquire it via some wage slave job again is a big reason why I want to CTB. I am the sort of person who can start again in life- I've done it quite a few times already. Money would enable me to do it again but without the pressure of having to succeed. That said- I've had ideation for 33 years- I doubt I'll ever be free of these thoughts- I don't even particularly want to be. So- who knows in the long run? Still- money would not only help me- I'd help out other friends who I'm sure are struggling too.

• Hugs
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Absolutely not! I'd put the money in high dividend yield stock and live of it and enjoy my life.

S

Snake9111

May 24, 2023
yes, because with money or not, I'm still inept

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
"Why settle for a million when you can make billions..." 🤔

S

Slipkorn

May 10, 2023
If it was enough money that I could live comfortable in an apartment without working for the rest of my natural life, i wouldn't do it. Just to prolong eventual homelessness, I still would.

Reactions: dreamingofrest, heavyeyes and limerance1
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
I'd put some aside to get to and use the Sarco and leave the rest to my sister.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vizzy and heavyeyes
Meatshell

Meatshell

Professional Complainer
May 16, 2023
I'd enjoy it, then commit suicide. Money runs out.

LastBusHome

LastBusHome

Nov 6, 2022
I would certainly delay it but ultimately I think I would still take my life. I'd have my family and my partner set up financially. Homes, land, the works. Maybe purchase a more comfortable means of offing myself but more than that, not sure. Hard to tell what I'd do with such an inalculable level of sudden wealth.

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
yes. id drink and drink and then jump.
maybe sad, but it is what it is.

GreenBanana23

GreenBanana23

Suicidal Banana
Mar 5, 2023
I could use that money to CTB any method I wanted! Fly out to San Francisco and jump off the golden gate bridge (not sure if that's even a viable method anymore) or I could get whatever poison or drugs to end my life that I wanted. I could do anything and have free reign over my life.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
mitsurumors

mitsurumors

She sells seashells on the seashore 🎶
Jun 11, 2023
I'm not sure?? ? Maybe, maybe not. It's true that a lot of my physical problems comes from shortage of money; but money wouldn't change my brain, make me a new person or whatever
Tho with money I could change my body and that maybe would already help a bit
so I'm actually torn about the answer lol

Reactions: psp3000
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Sadly, yes. My wish isn't to become a part of society that is more privileged. My wish is for my mental and emotional trauma to end. Money won't ever take away the abuse and unlove my mother showed me. It won't remove the pain of abandonment by my father. It won't fill the void of rejection in my life. My wish is for LIFE, everywhere, to get better. My wish is to have REAL, SUBSTANTIAL LOVE in my life. To be able to have children and raise them in a world that is expanding and improving, not dying. I want my own little happily ever after. That doesn't mean a mansion. The money would be nice, but I still live in THIS world. The post-COVID world. A dying world. Air is polluted. Water is undrinkable. Food is killing people. Humans are more unsavory and insufferable than I ever remember. But... I can comfortably go to Target and buy stuff... while society is still functioning.

From my perspective, this whole situation (life) is fucked. Whether you're rich or poor. That fact is starting to rear its ugly head. Look around. Everything is collapsing. Humans are DEVOLVING. Even money is changing. I don't consider being (temporarily) privileged in a hellscape will sway me from my decision. If I could actually achieve a peaceful life with a woman who loves me dearly and sincerely, if I could bring children into a world where they can flourish and actually have a chance to solve problems rather than pass down an unwinnable, futile fight for survival, if I could have a simple life to take care of my family and be a part of an actual, functional community... if the lottery could get me that...

Maybe.
What an incredible post. You have just explained everything that is wrong in my own life brilliantly.
Yes. The things I need most from life cannot be bought with money.

Reactions: mitsurumors
N

Night45

Jun 14, 2023
I like to think that if I won the lottery I could use the money to reduce the responsibilities and pressures I'm drowning under at the moment and that could clear some space for me to heal and build a life that I could enjoy and feel like I'm contributing to make a small corner of the world safe by connecting with/growing a community of safe people around me. I know how idealistic that sounds and most likely it wouldn't pan out like that but I would at least like to try, a substantial lottery win would make that possible.

Reactions: dreamingofrest
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Yes. I'd be thrilled to leave more money behind to my loved ones. I still would want to leave this world because my problems with living are unfixable, but I'd go out feeling like less of a failure.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
If I won the lottery (have to win at least a couple million), I would buy a little deserted island, go to the shelter and release all the cats bring them with me and live on the island with no human for the rest of my life. This would be a dream for me. No people just cats.

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Money is not the problem, health is. My disease will still be incurable. Well, maybe I could get better doctors ...

IndyAna

IndyAna

🤍
Feb 9, 2023
no. I'd travel to the other side of the world, away from my abusers.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I'd save a good portion so I'd never have to work again, the rest would be used to help others in some way.

Charities, funding programs ect. I would feel a duty to help those that can be saved from misery, to give them a chance.

Then perhaps fund certain activities that would make the uber privileged shit their pants, import some frenchies over too 😉

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Fuck yeah. I'd just give it to people who need it and stick to my plan. I hate life. All the money in the world couldn't buy out my demons.

delusionalgirl

delusionalgirl

I have my ticket. Awaiting my journey
Jun 17, 2023
Yes. That's not gonna solve my mental health or physical health issues at all. However I would be getting a passport fast track, book a first class flight to Japan and ctb in the suicide forest.

angelk

angelk

Jun 17, 2023
Of course I did, money wouldn't take away my pain. Currently I have a house, a car, I could go on vacation. Nothing is worth if you are in perpetual anguish

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga
CTB Fella

CTB Fella

Experienced
Dec 15, 2022
If I won the lottery, I'd travel to Columbia and sniff myself to death on the purest cocaine.

G

grimreaper8

Jun 17, 2023
Honestly, probably not.

Mainly because, the things I do want in life, that I am working towards I could obtain much easier, that being said, down the line it would be likely to happen as money can't buy happiness forever and my mental health is already terrible as it is.

So, again probably not, but it would just postpone things.

alurem

alurem

Remilia Alucard, Magical Girl
Jun 14, 2023
money would surely solve all of my current problems but i'd probably just blow it and get right back to where I am anyways

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
I would give all of it to my family before I go.