• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
It seems like a lot of people don't actually go through with it, I'm not trying to make it judgment, nor am I trying to encourage anything explicitly, I just wonder if more people were actually able to go through with it if it would encourage more people who really want to to also go. I find it comforting to know that other people have done what I'm going to do. Mostly though, I just wish things didn't get to such horrifying levels of suffering that this is what people are brought to. That's mostly what I want.

I'm not new to this site but I just got my account approved this afternoon and there's a reason I chose the name that I did. Thanks for the add moderators, I know it was kind of a process, sorry about that, I appreciate you coming through for me and hearing that I needed this.

Last edited:
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
A lot of people go through life sitting on the fence, sometimes it is annoying but it is what it is. With something as serious as suicide I think that's a rational thing, doesn't mean some of us aren't ready to jump though

A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
A lot of people go through life sitting on the fence, sometimes it is annoying but it is what it is. With something as serious as suicide I think that's a rational thing, doesn't mean some of us aren't ready to jump though
I don't mean to sound annoyed at all, I just wonder if it would help more people do what they want or need to do. Maybe this is really inappropriate to even suggest or talk about. I added in my post to some more details of what I was trying to say if that helps.
I was out the other day, I spend endless hours essentially in the state of death without physical body being gone, it's too much to explain, severe central nervous system damage, but I try to go out and not be dead, it fails every time, but yesterday when I was out I came across a pile of a couple dozen dead deer bodies, I was in a wilderness area close to the highway that I think the road department uses to dispose of deer killed by cars. I saw that pile, may as well have added myself to it that's basically what I am

Last edited:
yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
Isn't suicide among the top ways people die these days? There are a lot of people that go through with it every day. They don't necessarily come here or even know this place exists.

But yeah it's not a simple or easy thing to do at all, despite what the average joe thinks. So it's fine that people sit on the fence.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Not many people want to die though, the natural and normal thing is to want to live.

What we want is the suffering to end, which often means death for people with untreatable depression.

Suicide is still a tiny percentage of people, less than 0.1% so it's not as bad as the media would make us believe.

Also, I would guess that people who are genuinely ready to CTB don't bother registering and engaging. They likely get the information they need and leave this world.

It is often a long journey to be truly ready to CTB. Remember we are all very unwell people, we are not here because we are in good mental health.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Suicide is still a tiny percentage of people, less than 0.1% so it's not as bad as the media would make us believe.
As far as successful suicides maybe. But, there are 1.7 million suicide attempts made in the US each year, of which the roughly 50000 successful ones are the tiny fraction of the population as a whole. On an aside, that's only like a 3% success rate. I think 1.7M is a fairly significant number, though. I take it as an indicator of how much the US sucks.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I personally really envy those who managed to voluntarily end their own existence, I wish suicide isn't so inaccessible and risky. It's so horrible how I cannot just choose to cease existing when I want to in a guaranteed, peaceful way, people should really just be able to choose when they die.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
Isn't suicide among the top ways people die these days? There are a lot of people that go through with it every day. They don't necessarily come here or even know this place exists.

But yeah it's not a simple or easy thing to do at all, despite what the average joe thinks. So it's fine that people sit on the fence.
Yes of course. Not trying to make a judgment that way. I'm wondering if there would be some sort of camaraderie that would come out of it. Suicide, yes it's often a fully isolated process. Worse, most people have to go out in the most graphic and violent ways because they have no other choice in their desperation. People that have supposedly verifiable and 'Worthy' reasons to kill themselves get to go out easier in terms of assisted suicide, with more understanding, acceptance, often surrounded by friends and family in a hospice type situation, people who have things in aren't necessarily 'fatal', or severe impairments of one kind or the other, are left to languish in horrible circumstances. I know I don't have anything to say here that people don't already know being involved in a group like this though. I wonder how to make it easier for people like us.
I personally really envy those who managed to voluntarily end their own existence, I wish suicide isn't so inaccessible and risky. It's so horrible how I cannot just choose to cease existing when I want to in a guaranteed, peaceful way, people should really just be able to choose when they die.
I will be part of the statistics.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Enough people go through with it to draw "inspiration" from.

• Love
Reactions: AlexYaBoy
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't see how that would inspire me, personally, to ctb more. The only reason why I'm here is because I don't really have access to any methods aside from the most painful methods. I have to deal with more obstacles to ctb because of my autism making it significantly harder for me. For one, I react extremely to small amounts of pressure and, well, suicide attempts causes so much pressure. Also, I can't really accept the more peaceful methods as I live with family and (probably) can't ever gain independence.

I don't have anything in life that I enjoy or am attached to. I'm just alive because I don't have access to a peaceful suicide method

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
I assume you're alluding to Suicide contagion. Yes, in fact the more suicides reported the greater the lagging residual contagion cluster effect results. If everyone's killing themselves these days, said the media*, more people would be inclined to go through with it and suicide would be a common day reported Act.

Suicide is the second leading cause of death for ages under 34. But I would be highly skeptical of that and call it the first leading cause of death. Suicideologists know this very well in that the statistics are heavily underreported. Suicide needs some proof of intent, without any proof of intent that the person intended on killing themselves then the cause of death can't be confirmed as a suicide but an accident. How many millions push and plunge the needle over the edge or drive off the ledge knowingly to their end? What about missing persons who just disappear in the woods never found or go overboard? That would be an extra few million.

And then there is the topic of the ratio between attempts and successful deaths by suicide. About 54% of attempts are signaling and these are classified as impulsive acts which are self-injurious but lacking any planning or deficient comprehension or calculation of comprehension or calculation of lethality. The majority of these are "signaling" cries for help, and very few actually want to die. The cohort that really wants to die and has the 95% success rate is that group which has a very calculated, planned and redundant (failsafe dual / triple stacked methods) in a very high-lethal plan with deterrents to rescue (by DNR or remote location, or both) and are intent on executing it without sidelining, I usually this will come together during a flashpoint of events and when all of the pieces of the plan are in place, the ones that have truly given up on all hope and given up on life. The majority of attempts are not as heavily planned for and are rather haphazard, resulting in jury without death, sometimes substantially life-changing. Which is why you shouldn't attempt unless you've been firm on CTBing for long and have a plan. As they say failing to plan, is planning to fail.

*Which is what the media does not say and is careful reporting on in conformity with ethical guidelines. But just imagine the power the media wields - if suicide became mainstream then most of us would have already been enticed enough to attempt it by the bandwagon effect.