• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
I've been taking 400 mg of ibuprofen per day.

Also take 1 cup of strong black tea one day and next day green tea.

This helps me very well. No miracle but helpful

Note I have tried l theanine before with no benefit.

Some google quotes:
[black tea] "Increases production of a relaxing, anti-anxiety "inhibitory neurotransmitter" called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)."

"tea does seem to have a greater effect in bringing stress hormone levels back to normal."

The UCL team found that within an hour of the stress challenges, levels of the key stress hormone called cortisol dropped by an average of 47 percent in the tea-drinking group, versus only 27 percent in the faux-tea group.

Chronically elevated cortisol levels appear to damage brain cells in the hippocampus: a part of the brain needed to transfer information from our senses into memory."

————————————————

[green tea]"L-theanine increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which has anti-anxiety effects. It also increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain (7, 8 , 9 ). Studies show that caffeine and L-theanine can have synergistic effects"

————————————————-

Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin can battle major depression effectively and could be a safer alternative than antidepressants, a major new study suggests.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Thanks, for the information. One cautionary note; Ibuprofen can have long term negative effects on the kidneys. Also if there is a problem with inflamation, Ibuprofen may mask it so that the cause may not be fully investigated.

Reactions: Sensei
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
That is true.

Ibuprofen can also increase risk of stroke and heart attack.

Ibuprofen is being shown to be helpful for those with depression though and other psychological problems including a new breakthrough for Alzheimer's as well.

I've been taking the walmart brand (equate).

I personally think ibuprofen is better than being on psychiatric medication. It may help temper severe issues that can make one commit suicide in my opinion.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My colleagues at work joke that I have tea instead of blood running through my veins. That's how much tea I drink every day.

I suffer from GAD and I have never experienced any relaxation on anti-anxiety effects from either black or green tea.

I wish it worked, though. It would be the best thing in the world if I could have my tea and get rid of my anxiety.

As far as Ibuprofen is concerned, long term use can lead to stomach ulcer, and that's no something you wanna get - it's excruciatingly painful.

I wish you all the best!

Reactions: Goodbye710
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
Thanks for the report.

Just to avoid confusion as I know my wording isn't good the benefits is for a combination of ibuprofen with green tea one day and ibuprofen with black tea another day.

It seems to be the combination of ibuprofen with black/green tea that is helpful. And the cycling between the two of teas.

As an alternative, Previously I have mentioned kratom/low dose opioids to be very helpful for me. But the ibuprofen/black/green tea I thought was a good combination that others could try as another almost equally effective method.

A quote for those not aware of kratom or low dose opioids
"There are strong reasons for considering opioids, at very low doses, as antidepressants."
I did a little digging from Callie Arcale info about ulcers and it seems for those who weigh under 150 ibs/68 kg high chance would develop ulcer based on study at recommended 400 mg of ibuprofen. Those who weigh over did not find ulcers in this small study group.

I have tried 200 mg a day in the past and it is helpful but 400 mg a day more for me.

But keeping dose below 5.95mg/kg is probably a good idea based on this study.

Hope this helps

Further, if one doesn't wish take ibuprofen to treat depression one can experiment with other antinflammatories and/or antiinflammatory diet to see if that's helpful in combination with green/black tea. Maybe that will help someone.

One can google ibuprofen and depression for the recent studies. I originally found out from a retired nurse and then found best results through the combination of teas.

Also, instead of low dose opioids, one can look into wim hoff method of cold baths which will allow body to naturally create own opioids in the brain.

"

F L Lanza 1, G L Royer
Affiliations expand
  • PMID: 8480732

Abstract​

Numerous studies have shown that higher doses of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are associated with increased levels of mucosal injury and ulceration in both normal volunteers and patients. The present dose-ranging study was designed to determine whether escalating doses of a commonly prescribed NSAID, flurbiprofen, when expressed as mg/kg dosages, were associated with increased mucosal injury and ulceration. Subjects received either the recommended dose of 300 mg/day of flurbiprofen (N = 10), or the higher than recommended doses of 400 mg/day (N = 20) and 500 mg/day (N = 10), for a period of 7 days. Endoscopic examination was performed on day 0 and day 7, and the stomach was evaluated on day 7 for mucosal injury on a 0-4 scale, and for the presence or absence of ulcer. One gastric ulcer was seen in each of the 300- and 400-mg groups. However, in the 500 mg/day group, four gastric ulcers were seen (40%) (p = 0.04). Three of the six subjects developing gastric ulcer were of a fairly low body weight (two women, one man), and when the data were analyzed on a mg/kg basis, all six ulcers occurred in 19 of the 40 subjects receiving > 5.95 mg/kg, whereas no gastric ulcers were seen in the 21 subjects receiving dosages below that level (p < 0.01). These data suggest that, at least for this agent, a threshold level may exist above which gastric ulcers are much more likely to occur. This may in part explain why elderly debilitated, low-body-weight female patients are more prone to NSAID-related gastric ulcer"

Last edited: