Status
Not open for further replies.
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
On Friday afternoon I had the police at my flat, saying I'd contacted someone at the netball club I joined recently saying I was interested in making friends with her, and asking me not to contact her again. The only person I've contacted is Christina, who was interested enough to reply to the first of the 2 messages I wrote to her. Is there something wrong with offering someone my friendship? What I'd said was perfectly harmless; I'd just asked her how long she'd been playing netball and things.

If she doesn't want to get to know me before deciding she doesn't like me, I don't see why she has to get the police involved!

Then on Saturday, I got an e-mail from Netball Scotland saying my membership of Netball Scotland has been suspended. They didn't make it clear what that actually means or why. I don't know what's going on! They were even less informative than the police the day before. I don't know whether this is related to Christina or not, they didn't mention it; I can't see what else it could be about!

I don't even know whether to go to play netball tonight now. I'll probably go; I'm scared they'll tell me I can't play though.

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ethereal Knight, Someday_Somehow32, looseye and 15 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
That's so unfair. I'm sorry you went through that. I don't know whether you should go to netball, that would put me off but I don't see anything through though

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Perhaps the actions you made frightened the lady in question. People have been mis interpreting other people and their intentions for centuries.

Reactions: eternal_life and whatevs
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Is there any significant age difference or something that could be considered taboo?

Something is clearly not being said and if you're certain you did nothing untowards you should demand explanation politely. Perhaps in writing so there's a record.

Reactions: Élégie, Skathon, Dead Ghost and 8 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You're also autistic, yes? Maybe you should start mentioning the diagnosis to people, and how in the past you have had these sorts of reactions. If they know you have autism, they'll probably be less likely to assume ill intent. Maybe you could also find someone to give you advice on how to write/speak in a less risky way. Alternatively, going to some group activities that include others with the same problems, if that sort of things is available.

If you want to give people here an outline of what you wrote, maybe you'll get some opinions on what could be going wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: lofticries, Sick of it all, Mixo and 5 others
Idkaho2

Idkaho2

Dec 18, 2021
"Netball is a ball sport played by two teams of seven players, usually on an indoor court, and is predominantly played by women. It is among a rare number of sports which have been created exclusively for the female sex, although efforts to expand the game to mixed and men's teams now exist."
I had no idea this sport existed. Did you send many more messages after the first 2? And what were their contents?

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, Sick of it all, Dead Ghost and 3 others
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
There must be more to this story? Police are overstretched as all hell in the UK, they wouldn't do a house visit over two harmless messages. They'd laugh the accuser out of the door surely?

Reactions: Skathon, Un- and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
There must be more to this story? Police are overstretched as all hell in the UK, they wouldn't do a house visit over two harmless messages. They'd laugh the accuser out of the door surely?
You would think so but my friends dad reported her partner to the police over a few messages. Nothing wrong or bad was said and yet her partner still got nicked for it.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If you only knew.

7dc.jpg

found-sword-united-kingdom-london-northumberland-heath-police-fb3__700-png.jpg

186.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: lifeisadream, lofticries, voyager and 6 others
Terminated

Terminated

Lurkin' Gherkin
Jan 4, 2019
I agree. Something seems fishy to me. Unless she lied to the cops about something?

Reactions: Skathon and FlowersInTheRain
Dans117

Dans117

The voices are my only friends left
Sep 25, 2022
I'm sorry you had to go through that, Marktheghost. This world is truly insane. Harmless people are treated like criminals and meanwhile the real criminals in power (like, for example in the UK, Jimmy Savile or Prince Andrew) are allowed to get away with it and are given gushing news stories and everything regardless. It's good at least that you're trying to get out and make friends, society be damned. I don't really have any advice because I don't know the situation well enough, but all I can say is be careful because more and more so the slightest offenses are becoming crimes if you're not part of "the club". Best wishes to you. ❤️

Reactions: 710 and Eternally Dottie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really stressful and awful being in that situation. To me it's really not surprising that so many people decide to ctb in a world like this. I wish you relief from suffering.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
This member has previously asked for tips on how to strangle a woman and immobilise her so she can't fight back. He also posted a thread about wanting to send death threats to a woman because she wanted him to stop contacting her. He's been banned from other groups irl for the same relentless harassment. This is not even a comprehensive list of what he's done/attempted, this is why the police are taking it seriously.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: not_actually_human, savoytruffle, affinity and 28 others
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I'm sorry you had to go through that, Marktheghost. This world is truly insane. Harmless people are treated like criminals and meanwhile the real criminals in power (like, for example in the UK, Jimmy Savile or Prince Andrew) are allowed to get away with it and are given gushing news stories and everything regardless. It's good at least that you're trying to get out and make friends, society be damned. I don't really have any advice because I don't know the situation well enough, but all I can say is be careful because more and more so the slightest offenses are becoming crimes if you're not part of "the club". Best wishes to you. ❤️
Prince Andrew is given gushing news stories? Isnt he a pariah?

ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
i unfollowed him if that is the case, he seemed an ok dude hard on his luck going by his post history, plus he lives where i do, so followed him yesterday, but shiiiiiit, if that is truly how he conducts himself, im out

• Wow
Reactions: makethepainstop, Idkaho2, emgrl and 1 other person
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Pick a different sport.
One that isn't predominantly played by women.

Don't go to the practice tonight.

If you generally have problems connecting with people (maybe are on the spectrum as someone else mentioned), start by meeting people in peer support groups or organized, supervised events. And again: pick something that is co-ed and not predominantly frequented by women.

(The fact that you are even considering going to practice tonight shows that there seems to be a rather large gap between what you have been told by police, the Netball association and your own understanding of the situation.)

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: MidnightDream, makethepainstop, Sick of it all and 6 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
It's been reported that the queen contributed towards the £12 million Andrew handed over to "disappear" the accusations against him.

Although the queen stripped him of his honorary titles she subsequently gave him a prominent position at the memorial service of Prince Philip. She actually turned up leaning on Andrew's arm which apparently was a surprise to all concerned as Andrew was supposed to stay out of the limelight.

This was taken as a sign that the queen wanted to reinstate Andrew.

After the death of the queen there were photos of Andrew looking at the flowers left outside Windsor Castle and journalists remarking on how he was comforting his daughter with his arm round her.

Andrew took his place walking behind the queen's coffin on several occasions in Edinburgh and London. A man in Edinburgh was arrested for shouting out at Andrew as he went past "You're a sad old man".

I'll stop there.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sick of it all and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I guess with the royals they're family at the end of the day. Family tend to forgive even the worst of sins sometimes.

Reactions: pole and rationaltake
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
You've made posts about this kind of thing before. You wanted to send death threats to a women.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Élégie, crowbait, BornToFail and 8 others
Dans117

Dans117

The voices are my only friends left
Sep 25, 2022
They arrested a heckler at the queen's funeral who called him out and there were news stories about it that were at least not hostile to the royals. Pretty disgusting considering what he's done. Of course the royals including Queen Lizzie were also cozy with Jimmy Savile who was practically a pimp for kids, so what do you expect.
This member has previously asked for tips on how to strangle a woman and immobilise her so she can't fight back. He also posted a thread about wanting to send death threats to a woman because she wanted him to stop contacting her. He's been banned from other groups irl for the same relentless harassment. This is not even a comprehensive list of what he's done/attempted, this is why the police are taking it seriously.
Damn me for always assuming the best of people. Nvm what I said.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Élégie, lofticries, rationaltake and 1 other person
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
On Friday afternoon I had the police at my flat, saying I'd contacted someone at the netball club I joined recently saying I was interested in making friends with her, and asking me not to contact her again. The only person I've contacted is Christina, who was interested enough to reply to the first of the 2 messages I wrote to her. Is there something wrong with offering someone my friendship? What I'd said was perfectly harmless; I'd just asked her how long she'd been playing netball and things.

If she doesn't want to get to know me before deciding she doesn't like me, I don't see why she has to get the police involved!

Then on Saturday, I got an e-mail from Netball Scotland saying my membership of Netball Scotland has been suspended. They didn't make it clear what that actually means or why. I don't know what's going on! They were even less informative than the police the day before. I don't know whether this is related to Christina or not, they didn't mention it; I can't see what else it could be about!

I don't even know whether to go to play netball tonight now. I'll probably go; I'm scared they'll tell me I can't play though.

It's not easy making friends in the time of MeToo :wink:

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
You've made posts about this kind of thing before. You wanted to send death threats to a women.
The op once tried to persuade what he thought was a young female member into moving into his flat to act as a domestic servant in some very creepy dms, the young girl turned out to be that Jeremy dickhead and what with prolifers being seen as a bigger threat to people than very obvious predators he was seemingly given a pass on this highly dubious conduct but it's very likely there is more to this yarn than the op describes imo.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: savoytruffle, affinity, Élégie and 20 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
The op once tried to persuade what he thought was a young female member into moving into his flat to act as a domestic servant in some very creepy dms, the young girl turned out to be that Jeremy dickhead and what with prolifers being seen as a bigger threat to people than very obvious predators he was seemingly given a pass on this highly dubious conduct but it's very likely there is more to this yarn than the op describes imo.
How is he not banned after that? Weird.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Hope:-), Skathon and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
How is he not banned after that? Weird.
Obviously this account is that Jeremy shitheel and he's only presented one side of the dms but it's definitely wise to steer clear imo given it's not exactly in isolation

Post in thread 'SS Member Arrested for Rape & Attempted Murder of 2 SS Members' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ted-murder-of-2-ss-members.64701/post-1206995

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Skathon, Suicidebydeath, makethepainstop and 3 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Mark, this isn't the first time you made a thread like this. I don't know if you're sending women the wrong signals, I've made female friends online and even in person without problems. Why do they feel threatened?
This member has previously asked for tips on how to strangle a woman and immobilise her so she can't fight back.
There's proof of that? @RainAndSadness

Last edited:
Reactions: Cathy Ames
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Mark, this isn't the first time you made a thread like this. I don't know if you're sending women the wrong signals, I've made female friends online and even in person without problems. Why do they feel threatened?

There's proof of that? @RainAndSadness
I think it's been deleted now but yes, a thread was begun where he asked for advice on how to strangle a woman not to kill, but "just to frighten" her, because he hated her. This was not long after he sought advice on writing a death threat iirc. To be fair to him it's at least in plain sight l guess, but unless you pay close attention a well-meaning sort could unwittingly fall for one of this obvious danger's routine appeals for "friendship".

EDIT: See reference here:

Post in thread 'How do I cope with not having a single friend?' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...not-having-a-single-friend.88334/post-1575040

Also here, but you knew about the death threat thing, you posted in it

Thread 'What happened to my thread about sending a death threat that I don't mean?' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ending-a-death-threat-that-i-dont-mean.88075/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Skathon, Suicidebydeath, odradek and 2 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Obviously this account is that Jeremy shitheel and he's only presented one side of the dms but it's definitely wise to steer clear imo given it's not exactly in isolation

Post in thread 'SS Member Arrested for Rape & Attempted Murder of 2 SS Members' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ted-murder-of-2-ss-members.64701/post-1206995
Man thats creepy!

What is a 50yr old doing trying to make friends with netball players and how do you not see that's unusual?

I had wondered if Marktheghost was a girl given the details offered in OP. After reading that thread linked I actually feel a little physically sick.

Reactions: Skathon, Suicidebydeath and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I'm so curious about the other threads the OP has posted in the past that refer to things like this… does anyone have any links to those threads? Super creepy!

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I'm so curious about the other threads the OP has posted in the past that refer to things like this… does anyone have any links to those threads? Super creepy!
See the links in the post Chinaski posted above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.