• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
When I woke up the pillows were moved away. I have no idea how my body reacted when i was unconscious. Maybe I trashed around violently and it made me kick the cushions. Or maybe made me apply too much force on the necktie. I don't think I want to know how I tortured my poor body...

The necktie snapped on the slipknot, which was really really tight, still around my neck when i regained consciousness. I made mutliple strain tests before getting my head inside, which probably weakened the fabric... Well this really looks like the butterfly effect.

The plan was to get to a point of pain and stop, in order to, I don't know, feel better about myself that I'm at least trying to die.
But I didn't plan to pass out so quickly... Well I sure had quite a surprise when I woke up, for the first few seconds i hardly understood what happened, I was like in a different world. Total blackout between me counting and me hurting on the floor...

Terrible experience. Do not recommend. I'm grateful to be fine. If this was a video game I would have probably lost a life right there. The question is how many more do I have left.

I'll cherish the fact that I survived this without any injuries (I hope), and I'll try to go on with life. I'm crying again now because i juste realized this means going through lot of pain again... But I'll do my best :aw: Please do your best everyone. Thank you :heart:
My heart goes out to you. That's quite a lot to endure. It's very kind of you to share your knowledge and experience with us. It will very likely help others avoid suffering since if they do a search this will pop up. Sending hugs.

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Shit, for me this is one of the scariest experiences i have read here. Partial could be my way too, but this sounds really scary. Did the tinnitus continue?
I'm so sorry you could not tell the truth to the paramedics. I think to prevent secondary damage (such as tinnitus) it would be important to sicnificantly improve the blood flow to the brain as soon as possible.

In a way I wish I hadn't read it, now I'm scared of partial. But thank you anyway for sharing and you're right to try and seek support here!

I really wish you the best and a speed recovery!

Life_is_Dead

Life_is_Dead

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you :heart:
I'm glad if my story can help people plan things (or not) more carefully. I personally know for sure that I won't attempt this again anytime soon.

I don't know if it was the necktie that was cheap or my setup that was bad... Maybe buy two similar neckties and test one for 20 minutes under pressure before attempting... Or use a rope. But neckties seem softer and more comfortable. Anyway please be rock solid with your method.

The tinnitus went away gradually, I think it dissapeard this morning. It wasn't super bad to begin with, I could still hear but the sound was muffled. Still i'm glad it's gone.

The paramedics, I just couldn't, it made me too anxious. The thought of calling an ambulance to get pulled out of my home in the middle of the cold night, hungry sad and scared, to go into a hospital full of noise and people... and get through tests I don't even know about, having to explain why I did this... having to stay there I don't know for how much time... having to explain to my mother what I have done...
I just couldn't. I endured the pain, hoping it would pass, and slipped into my warm bed and tried to get some sleep (which I didn't get by the way, the pain was too distracting, and then I got hungry and had to get up and eat something...)

Never again. I cross my heart.

Edit : My long post seems to have appeared at last ! Go read it I give you hugs in it ! :hug:

Last edited:
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Thanks so much for sharing this, I really hope you get better. Will do my best to not harm myself anytime soon. Big big hug

• Love
Reactions: Life_is_Dead
Life_is_Dead

Life_is_Dead

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you.

To be fair I plunged back in suicidal mode those last weeks. My mood swings are harsher than ever and I just can't stand this mental torture anymore.

I decided to do something about it and went to the psychologist for the first time a couple days ago, and have a second appointment next week. I hope they will give me something to make me feel better cause I think I'm slowly going crazy.

I don't have the courage to commit to death for now so I hope that will help me commit to life, at least for the moment.

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Thank you.

To be fair I plunged back in suicidal mode those last weeks. My mood swings are harsher than ever and I just can't stand this mental torture anymore.

I decided to do something about it and went to the psychologist for the first time a couple days ago, and have a second appointment next week. I hope they will give me something to make me feel better cause I think I'm slowly going crazy.

I don't have the courage to commit to death for now so I hope that will help me commit to life, at least for the moment.
I hope you have a good recovery. Thinking about you.

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Hello,
I went to sleep after my last message because i was juste too exhausted and traumatized.
It's morning now in my country (8h00) and I want to follow your advice and go to a hospital but I don't know where I should go to get the scan immedialty without an appointment.
There is nobody home right now, but I can call a friend maybe that could take me to the hospital, cause i don't think i'm in a state to drive right now.

Should i call the emergency and ask them for an adress ?

Edit : The headache was a bit weird, I think it's better but it hurt more during the night, and the pain kind of changed location. Sometimes it was everywhere, then in front of the head above the eyes and now it's in the back of the skull and my neck hurts. If I try to move too quickly I get sharp pain in the back of my head like stabbing.

Now that I think about it I may have hit the back of my head on the floor when I fell, because I woke up on my back. And I sense a sore spot behind my skull. I don't know how violent the blow was but maybe it added up to the pain. There's a rug where I collapsed so it may have soften the hit a little bit, I hope.

Edit 2 : I just called the emergency and I told them my head hurts, I didn't tell I tried to hang myself cause I was too scared, they asked me if I had others symptoms apart from the headache and I said no. They told me do call a doctor first.
I've done something similar to this where I choked myself to try to simulate hanging and I was in a sitting position against the wall next to a metal desk, I passed out in about 3 seconds like you and maybe due to spasms or something I must have hit my head on one of the bars or something because when I came back my head really hurt. But this is the baby version compared to what you must have gone through

Life_is_Dead

Life_is_Dead

Apr 7, 2019
I'm sorry for your pain. I hope your head is ok =). I certainly have gone through something intense but, it would have been even more dramatic if the necktie had snapped too late for me to remain a functional human. I can't even imagine myself disabled, physically or mentally. Next time I'll be sure to get a good solid rope, if I have the guts to attempt again. I'm not failing this twice.

The main pain came from the stop of blood flow. I only realized that I hit my head the next day because everything hurt so much that I didn't even felt the blow at first.
How long I hanged I will never know. But the first ten seconds of regaining consciousness were a nightmare. Literally. Like those last moments in a bad dream when you want to yell for help but you can't, and finally wake up to reality in panic. That, plus a pain I can't describe.

Two months later I still have some weird sensations in my head and neck from time to time. Nothing painful, but it's there, kind of to remind me that it happened.
Life sure is mysterious. I want to know, how is it all going to end.

Sometimes I wish I was a robot, free of feelings and emotions. Sadly, watching a great movie would not feel the same anymore.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm sorry for your pain. I hope your head is ok =). I certainly have gone through something intense but, it would have been even more dramatic if the necktie had snapped too late for me to remain a functional human. I can't even imagine myself disabled, physically or mentally. Next time I'll be sure to get a good solid rope, if I have the guts to attempt again. I'm not failing this twice.

The main pain came from the stop of blood flow. I only realized that I hit my head the next day because everything hurt so much that I didn't even felt the blow at first.
How long I hanged I will never know. But the first ten seconds of regaining consciousness were a nightmare. Literally. Like those last moments in a bad dream when you want to yell for help but you can't, and finally wake up to reality in panic. That, plus a pain I can't describe.

Two months later I still have some weird sensations in my head and neck from time to time. Nothing painful, but it's there, kind of to remind me that it happened.
Life sure is mysterious. I want to know, how is it all going to end.

Sometimes I wish I was a robot, free of feelings and emotions. Sadly, watching a great movie would not feel the same anymore.
And, what is it all about? Why? The usual questions, I suppose...

It is nice to hear from you @Life_is_Dead

• Love
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I've had a similar experience. I have choked and hung myself a lot of times over the years. Usually I have just wrapped stuff around my neck and I've been able to take myself fairly far, but not far enough, but the control was there. I have passed out hanging off door knob or bed post. A couple weeks ago I hung off a desk with a belt and instead if sliding down, I put my neck in and fell forward and it fucked up my neck for like a week. I'm thankful it didn't bruise so people didn't ask questions, but it hurt for a week and I had a hard time swallowing, had a big time headache too and was dizzy for a long time after.

• Love
D

D0wn4nd0ut

Feb 11, 2021
Please read my thread about my partial attempts, I may have experienced a lot of the same, my belt didn't break but a lot of things match up.

I think partial hanging really is painless if done right, but the SI is the only thing that is an obstacle but I'm guessing a few moments after that it could be lights out.

Nobody that has successfully did it has been able to tell their story. I'm about to post another thread about the possible stages of Partial in a moment. Please get on and give your ideas and thoughts.