Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
What's the worst that can happen if it is somehow found out that someone ordered sn?
I have heard of police visiting people but can they actually do anything just for someone ordering it?
Not much i would have thought. I think the onus is more on the seller to report who theyve sold it to. I dont believe that its illegal to possess and suicide isnt illegal. Any visit would probably be more about your welfare. Im not even sure about the police powers to come in and search for or confiscate it.

Reactions: checkouttime and esse_est_percipi
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
Sure, it could be picked up by HPLC, GC-MS, or other. In the case of a patient presenting with a presumed viral infection, there would be no reason to test for it, nor would it be in the top 100 or 200 differential diagnoses.

I suspect if OP had said "I was poisoned," there is a very slight chance it would be looked for, but even then, without methemoglobinemia, there wouldn't be much of a reason to look for it
Thnks for that, I just remember during a recent rotation that someone came into emergency who'd taken SN, they didnt say they'd taken it but symptoms suggested she taken something and when they tested they found SN? Different procedures in diff countries maybe?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Yeah I was surprised that they didn't detect!
Me too since it turns your blood brown. They must be color blind. I have no doubt our very stupid little emergency room here would probably send anyone home after taking SN saying nothing is wrong with them.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The only thing pathognomonic for SN that would trigger suspicion for a routine Er visit would be met-hgb. If this shows up on a CBC (or lack of appropriate hgb) and/or discoloration of blood was noticed, this would be in the differential, particularly with associated SN symptoms. I can't speak for every country, but I would be shocked if SN was on any standard toxicology panel.

The only other possible route I can think of would be suspected nitrate poisoning with low bp/high HR and headache, but that is remote, and nitrite identification would almost definitely be secondary to looking for nitrates

Last edited:
Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
I was wondering how is it possible to use SN on meat and then eating that meat without being poisoned. Is it because of the dose? Because of the process?

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
The dose. I think that only 6 % of SN is used in salts for meat curing.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993