• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
After a series of depressive threads here is one which is a little bit more positive.
As I explained in another thread I have read today an article about a ME/CFS case which is really heartbreaking. I really felt sorry for her. And she is still fighting and hoping for recovery. She is in a lot of pain and very paralyzed. This let me think about the privileges which I have. I currently can do a lot of things this woman can't do. I am also in a lot of pain but if she can fight why shouldn't I do the same.

I think this thread had a little bit more positive impact if my chances of recovery were higher. But I think it is worth fighting for recovery. I think suicide is an action which should rather be tried to be avoided if possible. It is often a really existential pain having to end your life by your own hands.

I have the feeling it is more or less an obligation for me to fight. There are so many people who endure hardship who don't give up. Though if I had this major depression and extreme psychosomatic pain again I would have a diametrical view on it.

It is difficult for me to find the right balance. Trying to solve my problems, having time to relax, not getting manic and not getting so desperate about my whole situation so that I kill myself.

Still I would agree on the statement of the title. For me it is a huge difference between being not born and and being born. To make it clear I would never want to procreate. The pain I endure has an hereditary component and I think it is an obligation for me not to procreate.

Though it is a fact that I exist. And due to that fact I try to play the cards which I have been dealt the best way I can. I always had this opinion. I tried to avoid dangerous decisions like taking drugs for that reason. Though my life seems to be quite cynical. At least I am not all alone with my pain.

I try different approaches how to solve my problems before I commit suicide. It would be pretty amazing if I got rewards for it.

Last edited:
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
As long as one is not set on CTB one should strive to improve, recover, enjoy his time, however you want to call it.

Suicide is just a last resort, and in fact relatively common with ME/CFS and the likes. After more than a decade severely disabled it´s natural to think about it. Personally I stopped trying to cure my physical illness some time ago but I´m still half-assedly tackling the mental/personality problems. If I don´t make enough progress in months/a year I see myself forced to catch the bus or lead a life that will eventually lead to CTB, but I would see it as a failure for sure.

Last edited:
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
As long as one is alive one should strive to improve, recover, enjoy his time, however you want to call it.

Suicide is just a last resort, [...]
Why? (Genuine question.)

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Why? (Genuine question.)
It's how it is for most people. If you combine the fact that we are the embodiment of a will to survive and reproduce, how difficult and painful suicide often is, and how we feel burdened by the idea of leaving a corpse to close ones it becomes obvious that suicide only happens impulsively or when you have been suffering for so long that everything else loses substance.

Ah, perhaps I worded this wrongly. I meant to say 'As long as you haven't decided to kill yourself', not as long as you are alive. Meaning as long as you are implicitly choosing existence.

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Ah, perhaps I worded this wrongly. I meant to say 'As long as you haven't decided to kill yourself', not as long as you are alive. Meaning as long as you are implicitly choosing existence.
Ah, I see.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
After a series of depressive threads here is one which is a little bit more positive.
As I explained in another thread I have read today an article about a ME/CFS case which is really heartbreaking. I really felt sorry for her. And she is still fighting and hoping for recovery. She is in a lot of pain and very paralyzed. This let me think about the privileges which I have. I currently can do a lot of things this woman can't do. I am also in a lot of pain but if she can fight why shouldn't I do the same.

I think this thread had a little bit more positive impact if my chances of recovery were higher. But I think it is worth fighting for recovery. I think suicide is an action which should rather be tried to be avoided if possible. It is often a really existential pain having to end your life by your own hands.

I have the feeling it is more or less an obligation for me to fight. There are so many people who endure hardship who don't give up. Though if I had this major depression and extreme psychosomatic pain again I would have a diametrical view on it.

It is difficult for me to find the right balance. Trying to solve my problems, having time to relax, not getting manic and not getting so desperate about my whole situation so that I kill myself.

Still I would agree on the statement of the title. For me it is a huge difference between being not born and and being born. To make it clear I would never want to procreate. The pain I endure has an hereditary component and I think it is an obligation for me not to procreate.

Though it is a fact that I exist. And due to that fact I try to play the cards which I have been dealt the best way I can. I always had this opinion. I tried to avoid dangerous decisions like taking drugs for that reason. Though my life seems to be quite cynical. At least I am not all alone with my pain.

I try different approaches how to solve my problems before I commit suicide. It would be pretty amazing if I got rewards for it.
First of all, thank you for the effort to post a more positive thread and for sharing that information with us.

That lady's story it's very sad but definitely puts things in perspective for us. Sometimes we think our life couldn't be worse until we're confronted with people in situations much worse than ours. That makes us reflect about our own situation.

I myself also trying to recover. It's not easy at all and a constant roller coaster. I hope things get better for you. Take one day at a time.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
@noname223 Does being an SS member aid you in your struggle to stay alive?

Reactions: GentleJerk
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
@noname223 Does being an SS member aid you in your struggle to stay alive?
Yes it does. But if someone says this forum has a negative impact on him/her the person should stop visiting this place.

Reactions: whatevs
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Life can be a great struggle for some, and seeing people in far worse states refusing to give up can be very inspiring. In a way I guess I hope I can be like them and refuse to give up, too.

Reactions: YourNeighbor