• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I expect it to be like falling asleep never to wake up, no memories, fears, hopes, regrets, dreams, nightmares, pain or awareness. It'll be like going under with sleep medication or anesthesia, then nothing, but forever. We'll be like we were before we were conceived or born.

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
I expect it to be like falling asleep never to wake up, no memories, fears, hopes, regrets, dreams, nightmares, pain or awareness. It'll be like going under with sleep medication or anesthesia, then nothing, but forever. We'll be like we were before we were conceived or born.

I really really hope so.. or at the very least I hope we reincarnate in a way that has nothing to do with this life

BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
I really really hope so.. or at the very least I hope we reincarnate in a way that has nothing to do with this life
If it's something like Hell you're worried about, the chances of such a place existing are practically nil. Even in the Bible there is no "Hell" like it is talked about nowadays as some place of eternal torment and hellfire for conscious souls.

hypnotizing chickens

hypnotizing chickens

εκφυλισμένος εκφυλισμός
Aug 24, 2020
If it's something like Hell you're worried about, the chances of such a place existing are practically nil. Even in the Bible there is no "Hell" like it is talked about nowadays as some place of eternal torment and hellfire for conscious souls.
Yeah, we can thank the Roman Empire not only for spreading Christianity, but for bastardizing it in the process.

C

Craig31ldn

Student
Oct 22, 2020
I ordered my sodium nitrite... what do you think the likely hood is that I'll go somewhere bad when I die?
Extremely likely. Ghosts are created from un finished business and they haunt cause they're suffering themselves. The problem you have is if there is an after life you can't CBT twice.

speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020
Extremely likely. Ghosts are created from un finished business and they haunt cause they're suffering themselves. The problem you have is if there is an after life you can't CBT twice.
That's assuming that ghosts have awareness of their situation and are actually suffering, rather than just a sort of going about things. There is a lot of speculation that ghosts are simply glitches in space and time appearing to us where we are. But that's all any of this is- speculation. There are a lot of questions about the afterlife, but unfortunately nobody really knows. If life is what we make of it, then the afterlife probably is too- and it probably only lasts until our brain goes totally dark.

hypnotizing chickens

hypnotizing chickens

εκφυλισμένος εκφυλισμός
Aug 24, 2020
That's assuming that ghosts have awareness of their situation and are actually suffering, rather than just a sort of going about things. There is a lot of speculation that ghosts are simply glitches in space and time appearing to us where we are. But that's all any of this is- speculation. There are a lot of questions about the afterlife, but unfortunately nobody really knows. If life is what we make of it, then the afterlife probably is too- and it probably only lasts until our brain goes totally dark.
If this were a simulation....wouldnt they have fixed that glitch by now? I mean....if there is a glitch, that implies a programming error. If there is a programming error theres a programmer which has programmed all this for some purpose. And if it has a purpose then attention would be paid to it....

TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
If this were a simulation....wouldnt they have fixed that glitch by now? I mean....if there is a glitch, that implies a programming error. If there is a programming error theres a programmer which has programmed all this for some purpose. And if it has a purpose then attention would be paid to it....
That's why we don't see those glitches anymore, like oceans opening, talking snakes and people walking on water. The world was in alpha and is now in beta or final version

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Even in the Bible there is no "Hell" like it is talked about nowadays as some place of eternal torment and hellfire for conscious souls.
Yes. In the Bible there is the notion of sheol (a temporary place of darkness like hades), and Ghenna, which is also temporary, and originally refers to a valley in Jerusalem, and the idea of it being a hot burning place of smoke etc. possibly originating in child sacrifice rituals in which the scapegoat would be thrown to the flames:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In rabbinic literature, Gehenna is also a destination of the wicked. Gehinnom is not hell, but originally a grave and in later times a sort of purgatory where one is judged based on one's life's deeds, or rather, where one becomes fully aware of one's own shortcomings and negative actions during one's life. The kaballah explains it as a "waiting room" (commonly translated as an "entry way") for all souls (not just the wicked). The overwhelming majority of rabbinic thought maintains that people are not in Gehinnom forever; the longest that a Jew can be there is said to be 11 months (unless he is a fully wicked person, in which case 12 months), however there has been the occasional noted exception.

This is different from the more neutral sheol/hades, the abode of the dead, although the king james version of the Bible translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word hell.

In the King James Version of the Bible, the term appears 13 times in 11 different verses as Valley of Hinnom, Valley of the son of Hinnom or Valley of the children of Hinnom. The Valley of Hinnom is the modern name for the valley surrounding Jerusalem's old city, including mount zion, from the west and south. It meets and merges with the kidron valley, the other principal valley around the Old City, near the southeastern corner of the city.

The oldest historical reference to the valley is found in joshua 15:8, 18:16 which describe tribal boundaries. The next chronological reference to the valley is at the time of King ahaz of Judah who sacrificed his sons there according to 2 chron. 28:3. Since hezekiah, his legitimate son by the daughter of the High Priest, succeeded him as king, this, if literal, is assumed to mean children by unrecorded pagan wives or concubines. The same is said of Ahaz' grandson manasseh in 33:6. Debate remains as to whether the phrase "cause his children to pass through the fire" referred to a religious ceremony in which the moloch priest would walk the child between two lanes of fire, or to literal child sacrifice; throwing the child into the fire.

The book of isaiah does not mention Gehenna by name, but the "burning place" 30:33 in which the Assyrian army is to be destroyed, may be read "Topheth", and the final verse of Isaiah which concerns of those that have rebelled against God."

(wikipedia)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then Church theologians and the formation of Islam with the koran further elaborated the idea that hell is this everlasting fiery torment. It's all an invention, a way to 1) create fear and anguish in people so they will stay in line and be obedient slaves, and 2) feelings of superiority and power for those who control the eschatological narrative. For example, many Christian theologians put forward the idea that one of the pleasures of being in heaven with God was the ability to watch those suffering in Hell. Pure debased schadenfreude.
The eternal torment idea is so obviously manipulative manmade hokum.

Last edited:
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
Yes. In the Bible there is the notion of sheol (a temporary place of darkness like hades), and Ghenna, which is also temporary, and originally refers to a valley in Jerusalem, and the idea of it being a hot burning place of smoke etc. possibly originating in child sacrifice rituals in which the scapegoat would be thrown to the flames:
"In rabbinic literature, Gehenna is also a destination of the wicked. Gehinnom is not hell, but originally a grave and in later times a sort of purgatory where one is judged based on one's life's deeds, or rather, where one becomes fully aware of one's own shortcomings and negative actions during one's life. The kaballah explains it as a "waiting room" (commonly translated as an "entry way") for all souls (not just the wicked). The overwhelming majority of rabbinic thought maintains that people are not in Gehinnom forever; the longest that a Jew can be there is said to be 11 months (unless he is a fully wicked person, in which case 12 months), however there has been the occasional noted exception.

This is different from the more neutral sheol/hades, the abode of the dead, although the king james version of the Bible translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word hell.

In the King James Version of the Bible, the term appears 13 times in 11 different verses as Valley of Hinnom, Valley of the son of Hinnom or Valley of the children of Hinnom. The Valley of Hinnom is the modern name for the valley surrounding Jerusalem's old city, including mount zion, from the west and south. It meets and merges with the kidron valley, the other principal valley around the Old City, near the southeastern corner of the city.

The oldest historical reference to the valley is found in joshua 15:8, 18:16 which describe tribal boundaries. The next chronological reference to the valley is at the time of King ahaz of Judah who sacrificed his sons there according to 2 chron. 28:3. Since hezekiah, his legitimate son by the daughter of the High Priest, succeeded him as king, this, if literal, is assumed to mean children by unrecorded pagan wives or concubines. The same is said of Ahaz' grandson manasseh in 33:6. Debate remains as to whether the phrase "cause his children to pass through the fire" referred to a religious ceremony in which the moloch priest would walk the child between two lanes of fire, or to literal child sacrifice; throwing the child into the fire.

The book of isaiah does not mention Gehenna by name, but the "burning place" 30:33 in which the Assyrian army is to be destroyed, may be read "Topheth", and the final verse of Isaiah which concerns of those that have rebelled against God."

(wikipedia)
Then Church theologians and the formation of Islam with the koran further elaborated the idea that hell is this everlasting fiery torment. It's all an invention, a way to 1) create fear and anguish in people so they will stay in line and be obedient slaves, and 2) feelings of superiority and power for those who control the eschatological narrative. For example, many Christian theologians put forward the idea that one of the pleasures of being in heaven with God was the ability to watch those suffering in Hell. Pure schadenfreude.
It's so obviously manipulative manmade horseshit.

So you don't think any version of hell exists at all? Do you think ghosts are real? Why do you think we're all here

Η

Η αυτοκτονία μου

Oct 22, 2020
thank you for taking the time to share that
i needed to read this, this evening

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
So you don't think any version of hell exists at all
I highly doubt it. At least not the cartoon fire and brimstone hell taught in bible college.
Do you think ghosts are real
I don't know. There is no evidence apart from anecdotal accounts, most of which were probably the result of psychological disturbances or just made up.
I don't even know if the idea of a ghost is logically coherent.
Why do you think we're all here
I have no idea :(

Η

Η αυτοκτονία μου

Oct 22, 2020
i feel that i have been told what to do my entire life, so believing in a version of hell, would exist to some degree
i can't say i believe in ghosts, but i believe there is something amongst us. i have had my own personal experiences of the odd thing
i don't know about anyone else, but i know i don't belong here anymore, like two magnets opposing each other is how i feel inside
i listen to "everyday is exactly the same" everyday, allay, on repeat. i hear the story of my life over and over and over again

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
i feel that i have been told what to do my entire life, so believing in a version of hell, would exist to some degree
i can't say i believe in ghosts, but i believe there is something amongst us. i have had my own personal experiences of the odd thing
i don't know about anyone else, but i know i don't belong here anymore, like two magnets opposing each other is how i feel inside
i listen to "everyday is exactly the same" everyday, allay, on repeat. i hear the story of my life over and over and over again

You don't think any form of afterlife is real?

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
0%

I like to think that if there is an afterlife, it's nice there. I think we've earned a nice break after all the suffering here on earth.

Otherwise it's just a void, and you sleep forever.

truly hope you're right... I sure wish I had been born differently and that life was different for sure..

MiseryLovesMyCompany

MiseryLovesMyCompany

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I sure wish I had been born differently and that life was different for sure..
You are not alone with that.
Although it would have been much easier had I not been born at all.

S

Sea of Blood

Oct 22, 2020
You'll go back to where you were before you were born.

S

Sea of Blood

Oct 22, 2020
You Don't think an afterlife is real?
I don't have definitive proof to believe otherwise. I think the concept of an afterlife, which can be found all over many religions, exists simply to cope with the idea of death.

As a living organism, you will never accept death 100%.

Reactions: SunnyDaze
N

Nightmare92

Sep 6, 2020
Almost 0%. But I wonder if Nietzsche was right. Maybe you will just be born again the same life again and again and again forever. But most likely there will be just nothing.

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

Jun 25, 2020
I don't have definitive proof to believe otherwise. I think the concept of an afterlife, which can be found all over many religions, exists simply to cope with the idea of death.

As a living organism, you will never accept death 100%.

how do you think life lasts at all?
how do you think life exists at all?

S

Sea of Blood

Oct 22, 2020
how do you think life lasts at all?
Life doesn't last. You reproduce and your bloodline continues through your children.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for and I misunderstood your question.

J

Johnshed3103

Oct 15, 2020
I ordered my sodium nitrite... what do you think the likely hood is that I'll go somewhere bad when I die?
This is the scariest part as someone who thinks we live in a creation of some sort, i do think the creator might be a little pissed.

Last edited: