• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

aforestfire

aforestfire

"for truly, i am no longer a part of the world."
Dec 17, 2022
it will sound corny, maybe, but you have to find those reasons yourself. to some people they're alive to try make the world better, or because they want to experience all the things that the world has to offer, some are alive because of someone else. it's never the same to everybody, i can't say that if you look for a reason to stay alive you're certainly to will find it, i too think everything is doom and gloom.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
To me this is a strange thread to post in the suicide discussion section of this site, but anyway the way that I see it, there is absolutely nothing that could ever make me wish to delay my inevitable fate and I believe that it's always preferable to not exist. Existence is something that is harmful, useless and unnecessary and just inevitably leads to problems. In such a hellish world suffering is completely inescapable and if one continues to exist they risk ending up in a situation of even worse torment at any moment as chance so cruelly determines everything.

And I also just see existence as being something so futile, we are trapped in a cycle of endless days where we are slaves to our needs and desires until we decay from age. I certainly believe that non existence is ideal as nobody can be harmed by being not existing and to die would solve everything for me, I believe death to be true peace that cannot be found through existing. I see life in itself as being the true problem and it's something that I completely despise. I don't really understand the point of asking this to suicidal people though as if people saw value in this awful world for some reason I doubt that they would be on this site. I believe that the wish to exist is centred around delusions anyway, there certainly is nothing beneficial about existing, which is why my wish to die is perfectly logical.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Student
Dec 12, 2021
To me this is a strange thread to post in the suicide discussion section of this site, but anyway the way that I see it, there is absolutely nothing that could ever make me wish to delay my inevitable fate and I believe that it's always preferable to not exist. Existence is something that is harmful, useless and unnecessary and just inevitably leads to problems. In such a hellish world suffering is completely inescapable and if one continues to exist they risk ending up in a situation of even worse torment at any moment as chance so cruelly determines everything.

And I also just see existence as being something so futile, we are trapped in a cycle of endless days where we are slaves to our needs and desires until we decay from age. I certainly believe that non existence is ideal as nobody can be harmed by being not existing and to die would solve everything for me, I believe death to be true peace that cannot be found through existing. I see life in itself as being the true problem and it's something that I completely despise. I don't really understand the point of asking this to suicidal people though as if people saw value in this awful world for some reason I doubt that they would be on this site. I believe that the wish to exist is centred around delusions anyway, there certainly is nothing beneficial about existing, which is why my wish to die is perfectly logical.
This is clearly someone desperately looking for a reason to live and you aren't helping.

I agree with @aforestfire you really have to find your own reason. As someone who goes between suicidal and non-suicidal regularly... I would say the biggest thing is just helping others/the world be better. Even when I know I'm feeling like life is pointless I know that there are other people who still do find value in life and so I can at least use my time productively by helping them.

Relationships and experiences are a popular answer too. Material things aren't important, accomplishments and prestige aren't important unless they let you do interesting things. But when you meet someone who truly gets you or who you truly want to spend your life with, or when you are just able to experience new things and appreciate how interesting they are or how good they feel, some people say those moments are worth it.

There's a lot of doom and gloom. I try to remind myself that without the doom and gloom you can't appreciate the good days. For some people though including many on this forum life is almost entirely negative. That could be because of depression, or bad life circumstances, or whatever. In those circumstances the point of living could be to simply try and get better, so that on your deathbed you can have no regrets that you didn't try to do all you can. And if you are miserable and have sought help and really tried to get better, but just can't, then the point of living could even be to take your time to find the most peaceful way to die.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
This is clearly someone desperately looking for a reason to live and you aren't helping.
I was just agreeing with the OP that everything is doom and gloom, and I was posting my view on this subject. I don't care if people disagree. I think that if people on here really wanted to hear positivity then they would post in the recovery section. I mean the forum does have separate sections for a reason.

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
As stated above.... the reasons could be many / different . Family, friends, things you might enjoy, .... The list goes on.

I wish you Nothing but the best in whatever you may decide. Thoughts and prayers always-

cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
getting a hobby, or anything you have always wanted to learn but pushed it for vague reasons. i draw and learn jp (as cliche as that might be) and it's cathartic to present your suffering on paper, and doing any sort of language exercise helps with brain function. doesn't need to be so time consuming as people make it out to be, just as long as you enjoy doing it, as well as being consistent enough so you don't start from the beginning the next time you pick it up again (generally speaking).

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Are you bored, or traumatized? If bored, break rules as you see fit before you die. Maybe find some cause and fight for it with a laugh in your heart, alongside others. If traumatized, specifics seem necessary

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
It's like humans go in circles, being haunted by the same questions, as there are no answers. I wish we could just stop.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: You have been programmed by society to expect a funny answer.
Friends, life is not funny and there are no answers.
Answers

L

lalaland2345

Jun 28, 2023
What are good reasons to be alive everything is all doom and gloom but there must be some reasons to be alive though or what's the point
Some good reasons to be alive -
1) you've yet to explore the world. You've experienced your small town/city, but haven't gotten to see the Eiffel Tower , the coliseum, the many natural hot springs and "hot tubs" around the world, the Grand Canyon, other national parks and forests, Japan , South Korea, Australia , Hawaii, etc. so much to see and do before we go. Being in these places reminds us of how precious this planet really is and how much we can experience.
2) your family/loved ones . Just recently had a friend who's mother CTB - they are so broken. They truly cannot recover. I've seen her posts wishing she could talk to her mom again, to hug her, to tell her everything will be okay, etc. even if you don't feel it - there are people who LOVE YOU and want you in this world with them. You may not realize now how devastating it would be without you here .
3) Who knows what you could possible do on this planet . You could one day create your own business and be successful and happy, maybe you decide to live a more basic/experience filled life and enjoy time with those around you, maybe you help 100's of people with your daily compliments , jokes , laughs, etc. Regardless of what you do, you will make an impact and your life will hold value and meaning to those around you and that's a promise.
4) As humans, we crave socialization. We desire to be a part of a group. Why don't you look for some cool groups or clubs to join? For example, I just recently found out that there are groups that play in corn hole tournaments and even pro teams where players get paid!!! Lol. Who knows what there could be out there for you to join and be a part of. Do you like reading? Join a local book club. Do you like comedy? Go to a comedy club. Do you like roller skating? Go to a local rink - so many people go alone , or you can bring a friend / partner or even make friends there! So many things to do.
5) the feeling of the sun, the rain, the wind , etc. on your skin. How amazing is it to step outside and feel the warmth of the sun, go to a beach (even if you're landlocked, go to a man made beach) and enjoy the warmth, the sound of the water , dip your toes in , dive in. Go camping and hear the wind on your tent as you fall asleep , or the rain.
6) Have no money??? Start selling stuff you no longer use: clothing , home appliances, books , etc. Start a little savings account and then plan an adventure!! Just be safe about where you go and who you're with. If traveling alone, be extra cautious.
7) All the movies/shows/etc. you'd miss out on if you left. So many good movies coming out!!!

The list could go on and on and on. Life can be hard, exhausting and stressful, But we wouldn't know joy, happiness, love without that side of it as well. If you're feeling suicidal or depressed/anxious , please at least allow yourself to get help. Basic steps - start working out to boost those good hormones in your body and feel your best self! This is a huge helper of anxiety/depression. I recently started going back to the gym and it's done great things for me. I just feel better about myself. - look for treatments out there. There are many trials you can be a part of , if you so choose. They'll even pay you !! Look into different options. Recently heard about low-dose ketamine treatments that have worked wonders for people for example.

Please just stay . Give life a chance . Things are never stagnant and WILL change. It's like waves , sometimes we're up and sometimes we crash , but we always go back up.

• Yay!
Reactions: OceanBlue
L

lalaland2345

Jun 28, 2023
Hello, pro-suffering warrior. How's the weather in delulu land?
LMAOO pro-suffering warrior. I assume you enjoy the thrill of reminding others how difficult and horrible life can be , and completely ignoring the beauty of it as well. How horrible it must be to keep your mind so dark - have you tried changing anything in your life to make it better?? Have you put in any effort or have you given up after trying a few small things? It's more delulu to be pro-suicide for young adults who've barely experienced life , than it is to be pro-life.

My parents grew up in poverty and we now live a normal and healthy life. Yeah I have depression/anxiety, but I make a constant effort to make life easier and better. I also look forward to what life may surprise me with in the future. It's not easy and I've thought of giving up many times, but there's a reason so many of us hold onto hope- because we know it could get better.

Get some help pls.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I can honestly think of no reason to stay alive whatsoever.
I'm not depressed anymore because I have gone way past that to a state of being broken.
And absolutely nothing in this world can ever put me back together again.

Reactions: blacksand
M

mlcs

Student
Jun 11, 2023
I can honestly think of no reason to stay alive whatsoever.
I'm not depressed anymore because I have gone way past that to a state of being broken.
And absolutely nothing in this world can ever put me back together again.
Was that state meds induced or you have just naturally passed the phase of depression?

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Was that state meds induced or you have just naturally passed the phase of depression?
Yes, I have reached the bottom of the pit of despair in a natural way. It's been coming for quite a long time now.
It's good to be here. I'm ready to go soon on my final journey.