• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Deleted member 847

I almost hanged myself. Everything started to become black. And I stopped. I was afraid of everything ending. Survival instinct is very real. I'm so sorry for my hypocrisy. I don't even know If I'm still going to do this after all.

Reactions: Salvacion, littlelady774, 123die and 12 others
Cloudstar

Cloudstar

Dancing with Death
Jun 25, 2018
Don't be sorry whatever happens it's your choice no one will judge you

Reactions: sunshine4, archipelago, Salvacion and 8 others
D

Deleted member 847

Do you guys know if you get brain damage from 5 seconds of lack of oxygen to the brain? Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Urgey and dano6533
B

bygone

Jun 3, 2018
Reactions: dano6533, Strumgewehr, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
wait

wait

forever
Jun 14, 2018
Do you guys know if you get brain damage from 5 seconds of lack of oxygen to the brain? Thanks anyway.
5 secconds??? Sorry, I think u got typing mistake???
As per goole search:- . Permanent brain damage begins after only 4 minutes without oxygen, and death can occur as soon as 4 to 6 minutes later.

Reactions: Salvacion, dano6533, thickwing and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 847

The only way I see myself doing this is by being very drunk or high. Are we REALLY just this piece of flesh and after it dies that's it? All of our suffering,memories,moments of happiness, they're just an illusion. I can't believe this.

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, ningaman151, Urgey and 5 others
D

Deleted member 847

I
As per goole search:- . Permanent brain damage begins after only 4 minutes without oxygen, and death can occur as soon as 4 to 6 minutes later.
Ok so I'm alright, I guess.

Reactions: Salvacion, Urgey and dano6533
Cloudstar

Cloudstar

Dancing with Death
Jun 25, 2018
The only way I see myself doing this is by being very drunk or high. Are we REALLY just this piece of flesh and after it dies that's it? All of our suffering,memories,moments of happiness, they're just an illusion. I can't believe this.
No not an illusion they are real to us maybe what matters to you is trivial to someone else but yes we are all just flesh and bones what makes everyone unique is what's inside good or bad

Reactions: strained03, dano6533, Tiburcio and 3 others
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
We told you its hard. That nothingness after death theory is no joke. However it's not guaranteed. Remember that despite the overwhelming evidence of that being the case.

Reactions: Salvacion, dano6533, Tiburcio and 6 others
D

Deleted member 847

I'm having an existential crisis right now. I don't know what I am anymore, or what the hell this universe we live in is. How can anything begin from nothing and then just dissipate into nothing just like that. Jesus.

Reactions: Salvacion, strained03, Aqizeth and 9 others
Cloudstar

Cloudstar

Dancing with Death
Jun 25, 2018
I'm having an existential crisis right now. I don't know what I am anymore, or what the hell this universe we live in is. How can anything begin from nothing and then just dissipate into nothing just like that. Jesus.
You are you a truly unique person as for this universe it is what it is as for the rest can I give up now?

Reactions: dano6533, Deleted member 847 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018

5 seconds is generally correct. A brain cell can survive for about 5 seconds without oxygen, depending on how active it's metabolism is. The avg. period without breathing before your brain dies is 4-6 minutes because your heart continues pumping for part of that time, and there is still a fair amount of oxygen in your blood without breathing. Even after a few minutes without breathing, there is some oxygen in your blood. As long as there is a small amount of oxygen in your blood, your brain's vital function doesn't end. There are even reports of people (especially children) having 'drowned' in cold water surviving after 45 minutes because the body's and brain's metabolic rate decreased so much in cold water, and they consumed oxygen from the blood much more slowly. In essence, those people never actually drowned because the brain cells never died because the metabolic rate was so slow. But it is true that a brain cell will only survive without oxygen for 5 seconds. That's why cutting off the blood supply to the brain, as in hanging, doesn't take 4-6 minutes to kill someone, but is probably closer to 20 seconds. In that case, no oxygen is getting delivered to the brain because no blood is getting to the brain.

Reactions: Salvacion, dano6533, wait and 1 other person
wait

wait

forever
Jun 14, 2018
5 seconds is generally correct. A brain cell can survive for about 5 seconds without oxygen, depending on how active it's metabolism is. The avg. period without breathing before your brain dies is 4-6 minutes because your heart continues pumping for part of that time, and there is still a fair amount of oxygen in your blood without breathing. Even after a few minutes without breathing, there is some oxygen in your blood. As long as there is a small amount of oxygen in your blood, your brain's vital function doesn't end. There are even reports of people (especially children) having 'drowned' in cold water surviving after 45 minutes because the body's and brain's metabolic rate decreased so much in cold water, and they consumed oxygen from the blood much more slowly. In essence, those people never actually drowned because the brain cells never died because the metabolic rate was so slow. But it is true that a brain cell will only survive without oxygen for 5 seconds. That's why cutting off the blood supply to the brain, as in hanging, doesn't take 4-6 minutes to kill someone, but is probably closer to 20 seconds. In that case, no oxygen is getting delivered to the brain because no blood is getting to the brain.
Tank u for clear explanation..
Thank u for well explanation..

Reactions: dano6533 and Sternum
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

well you're not alone, because even the scientists agree: "seems like a cosmic joke..."

Reactions: dano6533 and Smilla
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

(7:55) "I have to say the whole thing seems rather pointless; we've gone from nothingness to somethingness, and then back to nothingness again" -Paul Steinhardt, one of the top/leading cosmologists of the early-21st century

Reactions: dano6533
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
(7:55) "I have to say the whole thing seems rather pointless; we've gone from nothingness to somethingness, and then back to nothingness again" -Paul Steinhardt, one of the top/leading cosmologists of the early-21st century

This is the kind of things that make religion more believable. We are just not completely sure, I mean these scientist could easily be completely wrong, and I'm not saying they are not smart. I'm just saying if these 2 scientist came together and talked to each other I'm sure they would disagree on a lot of things.

Reactions: dano6533 and Sternum
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
You know I do see a lot of beauty in this world and I do want to stick around to experience more pleasurable things, but I feel like I'm not going to be allowed that. And my entire life will just be filled with could of's, should of's, (regrets and disappointments) (to an extreme level)
And I can't see myself sticking around for that, plus I rather skip disease and pain altogether, maybe dying young is not that bad, I guess that is one way of staying young forever.
Either way is not an easy pill to swallow for me.

Reactions: Salvacion, dano6533 and Gumby
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
This is the kind of things that make religion more believable. We are just not completely sure, I mean these scientist could easily be completely wrong, and I'm not saying they are not smart. I'm just saying if these 2 scientist came together and talked to each other I'm sure they would disagree on a lot of things.

They wouldn't disagree on scientific theories though, that's the point. They maybe have different views on moral questions but when it comes to scientific methods, they wouldn't. All scientists agree on evolution for example. Only outsiders that have a christian background for example disagree with the vast majority on this topic. Same applies to climate change for example. The data is very clear and only outsiders disagree with the numbers. Science isn't about opinions. There is no room for "disagreement" when all the facts speak against you. And a lot of people seem to be confused about that.

Reactions: dano6533, soundwave and YaYaDr
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I experienced my survival instinct several times attempting too. It's a bitch, and it's funny how any other time I'm begging for death until I'm actually having an attempt that could've been successful. Being human is really funny that way.

Reactions: Salvacion, Aqizeth, dano6533 and 3 others
D

Deleted member 847

I'll try again tonight. I hope I'll make it despite my fear of death.

Reactions: Aqizeth, Zanexx, Urgey and 2 others
T

Tiburcio

I must recognise I was a bit annoyed for your comments underrating the survival instinct. But it can be solved with an apologize. As you could see survival instinct is a lot stronger than you thought. Rectifying is ever good. I forgive you man.

Reactions: Aqizeth, dano6533, soundwave and 2 others
LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
I almost hanged myself. Everything started to become black. And I stopped. I was afraid of everything ending. Survival instinct is very real. I'm so sorry for my hypocrisy. I don't even know If I'm still going to do this after all.

I didn't know it was possible to stop it once you started. You just taught me something. If its that easy to stop a hanging, that's definitely a method I will 100% void. Once I walk the plank, I want to die. No do-overs, no reflection. But at least you're still here to contribute to our forum! :)

D

Deleted member 847

I didn't know it was possible to stop it once you started. You just taught me something. If its that easy to stop a hanging, that's definitely a method I will 100% void. Once I walk the plank, I want to die. No do-overs, no reflection. But at least you're still here to contribute to our forum! :)
You have only a few seconds to change my mind. Now i tried again and I succeeded fainted, and I'm a pussy, so it can be done.

Reactions: Aqizeth, Urgey and dano6533
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
Can you describe how you did it in my detail, like what kind/size rope did you use what did you attach it to,knot placement how long until you began to faint and if there was any pain. Most experience stories Ive been coming across are people who experienced lots of pain and couldnt pass out which makes me afraid to try it.

D

Deleted member 847

Can you describe how you did it in my detail, like what kind/size rope did you use what did you attach it to,knot placement how long until you began to faint and if there was any pain. Most experience stories Ive been coming across are people who experienced lots of pain and couldnt pass out which makes me afraid to try it.
Just make sure you hang yourself where the carotid arteries are.

Reactions: Aqizeth, Urgey, dano6533 and 3 others
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
Just make sure you hang yourself where the carotid arteries are.
I have done quite a bit of research on it but still always seem to find conflicting information. I'm under the impression the knot should go high on the left side is that correct, is that how you did it?

D

Deleted member 847

I have done quite a bit of research on it but still always seem to find conflicting information. I'm under the impression the knot should go high on the left side is that correct, is that how you did it?
It doesn't matter, you wear the loop above your adam's apple and you're done.

Reactions: Aqizeth, Urgey and dano6533
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
It doesn't matter, you wear the loop above your adam's apple and you're done.
where did you position it though, because I want to replicate it as close as possible since you seemed to have a much easier time passing out than most people I have read who tried it. seems some people either pass out quick or struggle for a while in pain I had read it had to do somewhat with knot placement.

Reactions: Salvacion and dano6533