• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I was in the car looking out the window, just seeing how the road was cracking slowly. Some songs about the seven wonders came up on the radio. Damn, only the pyramids are left, the great library of Alexandria is gone, and so is the Colossus of Rhodes. Everything slowly breaks down, everything is destroyed by the endless tide of change and decay.

I am witnessing with my own eyes how everything is changing forever. The places I loved going to are going away, people I once knew are gone.

• Wow
Reactions: Forever Sleep, maneose, leavingthesoultrap and 4 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Too late. The Buddha had that epiphany over 2 millennia ago :).

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Is this a song or reference? Seems like a different vibe from you than usual.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
It's literally a slow torture making you witness death of almost everything and everyone you care(d) for, including yourself. Life cycle it is..

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Is this a song or reference? Seems like a different vibe from you than usual.
Wdym? Lol. Okay fine, I admit that I copy-pasted it from Neets.net. I already knew that everything was impermanent. Life is impermanence. That's why the concept of heaven and hell makes no sense to me. Why would you be somewhere for eternity? Nothing lasts forever
It's literally a slow torture making you witness death of almost everything and everyone you care(d) for, including yourself. Life cycle it is..
Life is about losing everything. Nothing is permanent. Empires rise and fall

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Saturn_, divinemistress36 and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Wdym? Lol. Okay fine, I admit that I copy-pasted it from Neets.net. I already knew that everything was impermanent. Life is impermanence. That's why the concept of heaven and hell makes no sense to me. Why would you be somewhere for eternity? Nothing lasts forever
I think what gave it away was mentioning sitting "in my pops car". Just sounds like something a wistful country music fan from the South would say. 🤔

• Yay!
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, leavingthesoultrap, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've had a weirder experience in a way. My Grandma had just died. I was just too late in getting to the hospital. It was the first and only time I saw a corpse. I went in to say goodbye and then, we sat down on a bench outside the hospital. I was looking down and crying and all these ants were scurrying back and forth to their nest. It seemed so weird that something so massive in my life had just happened (my Grandma was effectively my Mum) yet, life for almost everything else was going on as normal.

That's happening now too. Something utterly awful and life changing will be happening to someone while the rest of us butter our toast, totally oblivious.

Thousands will have died globally by the end of the day but billions more just carry on. That seems weirder to me- just that daily grind. Yes, everything is dying but given how other life just takes over, to an extent, it all feels so depressingly insignificant too.

But then, I don't really believe that. I think the way we live our lives impacts those we leave behind. Ok, they'll die too. But still, some people leave a legacy in terms of their achievement. Others just in who they were- they made other people's lives nicer for being here. That has to be better than wreaking havoc while we're here or, leaving alone. Although- I suspect many of us will fall in to that second category. I get the impression a lot of us are very withdrawn here. That's in part to protect people though. I hope they can appreciate that for what it is.

I guess it would be weirder if everything lasted forever. Would we value things the same if they were for all time?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc