• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
I have a mental health assessment, what am I suppose to do and whats the point?
It's been a rubbish life and I just can't live with that, these people never seem to understand that and I'm in the U.K and its all cbt and happy clappy garbage often they make it worse in my experience and I do feel in the UK there often not properly trained or just read a book or something I'd be very surprised if it's ever helped anyone.

Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
NHS mental health assessment....

tenor.gif

I have been through it all with the NHS for years, i have paranoid schizophrenia, the mental health assessment in the UK with the NHS works either three ways,

1. You are deemed medically well enough to be discharged back into the care of you're doctor.
2. Here (sir, mam) have some pills on us and see how life works out for you.
3. You are deemed too mentally unwell and need some sort of help. You will then get a care plan of what there going to do.

I stress option three is a big but, unless you are really mentally unwell, you stand no chance getting any help any time soon.

Sorry to be negative but this is my experience of the NHS in UK.

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
It seems to me in the UK there almost encouraging people to be proud to say they have a mental illness instead of spending time and money treating them so they can say I was ill but I'm alot better now.

it's all very cheap and ineffective in my opinion.

Last edited:
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Medication is probably about all you'll get. If it doesn't work, they'll keep trying until one does. If they don't, ask for it.

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
medication works to an extent but it doesn't help underlining reasons for why you became depressed etc

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
I had a couple of interview types things and one bombarded me with questions the other suddenly decided they were board or something and abruptly stopped the interview in a bizarre type of way, they don't seem very knowledgeable or even interested makes me wonder why some of these people became Doctors, there bedside manner is terrible.

Suddenly Astronomer's post seems relevant.

Reactions: LittleJem