• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

flakeyknight

Jan 1, 2021
A teacher I was covering was upset because I could not get ESL students to finish an assessment. Tried to encourage them, begged them to just use chatGPT or google the answers. Still couldn't get them motivated. I recieved a complaint where I left a mess on their desk, but when I came in there was already paper everywhere. I was also accused of letting the students friends visit the class and hang out to chat. But when I called roll didn't see any extra students. Also had the door shut and didn't see any students I did not recognize. A few ESL teachers at other schools have resigned because they cannot deal with the influx of immigrant students. I want to feel bad for them but jesus christ they are so fucking racist too. They use the N word around african immigrants and ask them where their father was, also make racist Chinese accents and do a slant eye gesture. I do feel bad for some of their parents. They come into meetings in their restaurant, construction or custodial work clothe and look tired and defeated seeing their kids screw around.

In non ESL classes that are regular level it's also hell. Students who arent zoned are enrolling when they are not supposed to be and the school isn't tracking down students who arent supposed to be here. These students are zoned to schools with violent crime and gangs and bring their crap here. Got students leaving class without permission, starting fights then using chromebooks as weapons, going through teachers cabinets. Even some of the well off kids are assholes. Never had to be held accountable. Dont even know how to use a broom because they have a maid they exploit. One was on geometry dash the entire class and asked their parents to write a note to their teacher they couldn't get their work done with me around implying I was being a distraction.

They all leave the class and halways a fucking mess. The custodians have to wear braces on their backs cleaning up messes. they will even throw trash on the floor in front of them because the custodians can just put it in the trash can.

Call me a heartless hateful peice of shit. I will take it as a compliment. I hope that when these fucks become essential workers because that is all they are going to amount to, that they face the same disrespect. I honestly dont even know if increasing their wages and reducing work hours will make them better students. They are so full of entitlement it might just make them worse. I am also sick of ivory tower assholes who always tell me to think about how tough they have it while they are safe living in their gated community and dont have to deal with them. I am so fucking tired every day I have to nap in my car or at my desk for an hour before I leave because I don't want to fall asleep and get into an accident. The artificial light from classrooms makes me nauseated every morning too and I am sick and tired of parents honking constantly.

Last edited:
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
honestly, i just feel like more than poor children being assholes, its just that assholes exist in any type of context and place. or maybe they are affected by their peers. or maybe, children are just immature and stupid.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Sounds rough :/ I hate when ppl don't treat workers like cleaners well. Everyone deserves basic respect

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
My husband and I taught at a private school. So my experience is different from yours. We loved our students.

Our student body was 50% white, 40% black, and 10% others. The school did not admit illegal immigrants or students who could not speak English. Maybe that was discriminatory. But we never had to deal with ESL. I've heard horror stories very similar to yours. I loved teaching, partly because my husband and I worked at the same school. But also we had racial harmony in our school. Yes, most of the kids were quite well off. All of their parents made more money when we did. But their parents empowered us to educate and discipline their kids.

If I taught at a public school, I probably would have quit after the first year.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
My aunt is a public teacher at a school similar to yours. She completely lost her passion for teaching years ago, the only thing keeping her afloat is her grandson that she loves.

Teaching at problematic schools with students like that is hell. In the end they deserve the future they will get because they simply don't care for school and there's nothing you can do about it. My aunt persevered for years until she had to give up on them, she now does the bare minimum and is counting the days until she can retire.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that level of hell, it's really undeserved. Kids are already cruel as hell let alone those types of kids.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
You should peruse R/teachersintransition

Wow is teaching messed up, if anything you'll find acknowledgement

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i tried teaching for a bit. where i am now, students respected/feared teachers probably 10 yrs yrs before i gave it a go. i didn't want to do it but it wasn't a totally awful experience. this one other 'teacher' just decided to hate me for some reason and he was given more authority?

the system sucked too. the students were unruly - well til i i got angry at least lol. they were wasting their parents hard earned money because it was an after school type thing. the academy didn't care. i had no time to check their homework. it was submitted to the office where unqualified workers just checked to see if anything was written on a page.

so my schedule was pretty full but after a couple semesters, they decided to fill it completely. no time for a smoke break and this guy that hated me had a free schedule. guess what i did? yup. i walked out the door with no warning.

drownll

drownll

Student
Jul 7, 2023
I could never do your job. I absolutely can't bear these kind of infernal dumb kids.
We tend to forget when we grow up but the teenage world is a world of brutes.
If I was you id just focus on the kids who have potential and want to succeed. Even if its just one.
Know that not every poor kid and his family are dumb misfits. Me for exemple, grew up poor with a horrible dad, my childhood was fucking shit, and on top of that i had to be around those fucking misfits you described. I never disrespected my teachers, i was really quiet so they wouldn't notice me.
If you spot a kid like that please help him. Maybe ask him if everything is ok at home or something help him broadly. I tell you this for you too. I'm not a teacher but i guess that's one of the reasons people become teachers. It must be very rewarding to help a kid and see him get better because of your teachings. Even if you can help just one kid who deserves it I think you will feel great.
If nothing works really maybe consider a career change or transfer

Reactions: reclaimedbynature