• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I am a person who chooses to be high rather than drunk. I am casually enjoying a glass of wine with biscuit rolls filled with cheese at the moment though. I adore being drunk, maybe even more than being stoned, but I feel like the drinking is a necessary evil to achieve this state. I hate the drinking. As soon as one sip hits my stomach there is a tornado or war happening there and I just want to throw up. Alcohol makes me emotional, but it was incredibly relieving to just let things out. Just crying and letting everything about felt amazingly relieving. I have less experience with alcohol then most people my age, so there is nothing wrong with having a glass sometimes.
I just don't understand why anyone would enjoy the drinking part, physically it's hell to me. Do people really enjoy the taste or just tolerate it for being drunk?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Some people do genuinely enjoy the taste. Like the bite on the back of your tonge. In Germany some people garnish ice cream with liqueur. Bourbons are known for their vanilla, caramel and brown sugar notes, wine sommeliers have different levels and to be a master you basically have to be whats known as a super taster (more taste buds than average). Different vodka ingredients produce different types of vodkas, for example, potato vodka is more oily. Just depends on personal preferences! Some people just drink for the effects but some absolutely enjoy the taste!
Also, keep in mind some people are more prone to getting sick from alcohol, and it doesn't react well to their individual physiology. So you may just have a predisposition to being more sensitive to it (not the tolerance but it not agreeing with your stomach).

• Informative
Reactions: ForgottenTomb
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Some people do genuinely enjoy the taste. Like the bite on the back of your tonge. In Germany some people garnish ice cream with liqueur. Bourbons are known for their vanilla, caramel and brown sugar notes, wine sommeliers have different levels and to be a master you basically have to be whats known as a super taster (more taste buds than average). Different vodka ingredients produce different types of vodkas, for example, potato vodka is more oily. Just depends on personal preferences! Some people just drink for the effects but some absolutely enjoy the taste!
Also, keep in mind some people are more prone to getting sick from alcohol, and it doesn't react well to their individual physiology. So you may just have a predisposition to being more sensitive to it (not the tolerance but it not agreeing with your stomach).
I'm a super taster, maybe I should be a master šŸ¤£

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I can't even drink anymore, or at least I can't drink anything with a large alcohol content. After that time I got drunk on vodka my body can't seem to handle alcohol anymore. Drinking just a bit of vodka or gin causes me to feel incredibly nauseous and throw up. Wine doesn't make me feel too great either, though I can handle it significantly better in comparison to vodka and gin. At first, I was kind of upset since I really like that self-destructive drunk breakdown I had, but I'm glad that I can't handle alcohol anymore.

I prefer weed and shrooms (I've gotten better at handling myself while high on them) in all honesty. I especially like getting high on shrooms. The world looks brighter, music sounds better, I'm able to be more honest and open with myself and my emotions, my thoughts are sharper, and everything looks so alive. It's great, plus it doesn't make me feel like crap afterwards. Instead, I get some good ol' afterglow.

• Love
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I'm a super taster, maybe I should be a master šŸ¤£
I've done the most basic level. But the top, per wiki "From the court's inception through 2018, a worldwide total of 274 people have earned its Master Sommelier diploma."

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I've done the most basic level. But the top, per wiki "From the court's inception through 2018, a worldwide total of 274 people have earned its Master Sommelier diploma."
I don't drink though; I found out that I was a super taster in genetics lab haha

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I don't drink though; I found out that I was a super taster in genetics lab haha
Then you wouldn't be able to pass it if you don't drink haha

My step-sister was working at a place once, many, many years ago and a yacht docked and the dad and his seven year old daughter got off. He ordered a bottle of wine and had her smell it in the glass and asked what country it was from and she correctly identified it.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I see! I haven't mixed any alcohol with ice cream before, but it sounds like a great idea. Maybe it's crucial to eat more beforehand so I should do that to be less nauseous. I do love Redbull and I cannot tell you how many people tell me that Redbull and its taste is appalling, though I drink it for the taste, not energy. So there might be people who relate, but instead of Redbull it's alcohol. I think I am definitely much more sensitive to alcohol than most people, I feel like God or the Universe is looking out for me in that way so I won't drink too much, even though I am not really religious.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I see! I haven't mixed any alcohol with ice cream before, but it sounds like a great idea. Maybe it's crucial to eat more beforehand so I should do that to be less nauseous. I do love Redbull and I cannot tell you how many people tell me that Redbull and its taste is appalling, though I drink it for the taste, not energy. So there might be people who relate, but instead of Redbull it's alcohol. I think I am definitely much more sensitive to alcohol than most people, I feel like God or the Universe is looking out for me in that way so I won't drink too much, even though I am not really religious.
Is it alcohol or liquor?
Even with liquor you have so many different types and varieties. Some people don't like aged whiskey because it takes on far too many woody notes for their palette. Or tequila, some of the popular, expensive stuff, they add flavoring, so it's good but it's not authentically good. It's just too smooth and generic, connoisseurs want subtle distinctions. Some people don't like certain types of beers: IPA vs pilsners.
Some people like my dad love the smokiest scotch they can get. My dad's friend says he hates peat because he doesn't want "dirt" in his drinks.

With luxury booze sometimes it's just to flash some cash like at a big corporate dinner, throw it on the corporate credit card. Pinnacle of cost to taste where the price just skyrockets and it eventually plaques so thats where it intersects to someone is up to them. Some of them are just for the experience, like having a crystal bottle. Just depends.

I've seen people buy scotch for $30k before. And been to some crazy corporate events in the finance world hosting fancy wines.