• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
I did it! 3 credit hours down, I passed with a 94! I could've got a 95 but I messed up my last two assignments (presentations and the references weren't in ABC order so I got a point deducted from each of them). I'm still happy because an A is an A.

It was a very condensed class. It lasted 10 days and I haven't had a day where I did nothing since it started. Normally I spent about 5 hours a day on it, either taking notes, or doing assignments. I did an extra credit assignment (one of the last two assignments mentioned before) so it bumped my grade quite a bit. I'm hoping I'm ready for what's to come.

In 4 days, on the 30th, my other classes begin, Precalculus, English Composition I, and Computer Science I. I can't believe I convinced myself to do college, I used to be so scared of the idea and now I'm more excited than anything, happy to be doing something so mentally demanding. Some people would be dreadfully bored doing notes for 5 hours and then take a 30 minute test, but I genuinely like assignments and keeping my brain active.

Onto the next stage I guess. In the fall, I plan on looking for internships, which I'm aware is unlikely to get as a freshman but no harm in trying to get some relevant work experience on my resume. Wish me luck guys! I wish all of you luck in whatever endeavors you all are on as well!

jaxxon_sunn

jaxxon_sunn

Un jour je serai de retour près de toi
May 10, 2023
That's amazing!! Seriously, congrats on the A! Condensed classes seem so tough but I'm glad u found something u can distract yourself with and even enjoy. I wish you luck in all your future classes and internships. You deserve it for your hard work and dedication for sure ❤️

EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
Great work. This just goes to show when you focus on improvement and doing your best you CAN see real results from it. Proud of you.

• Love
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
That's amazing!! Seriously, congrats on the A! Condensed classes seem so tough but I'm glad u found something u can distract yourself with and even enjoy. I wish you luck in all your future classes and internships. You deserve it for your hard work and dedication for sure ❤️
Thanks it was very tough! I was starting to feel a little burned out. It was, however, just what I needed to get my mind off of some pretty bad things. And thanks! I'll take all the luck I can get, I'll need it.
Great work. This just goes to show when you focus on improvement and doing your best you CAN see real results from it. Proud of you.
Thanks! I hope others can take the same lesson, with enough effort, almost anything can be achieved.

Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Hey there! I'm really glad to hear about your amazing progress! Lord knows we need more people with a decent understanding of psychology these days. And being able to so so well in a condensed class is incredible! It takes a huge amount of focus and a concentrated work ethic to stick with something so demanding. I'd certainly never be able to pull it off, I can barely keep my head long enough to take the garbage out, let alone study for five hours. xD

If I may ask, what are your plans long term? You said you're going to try and find some internships, what exactly are you looking at getting into?

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
thats amazing dude! wishing you all the best luck with your next classes and internships! <3

• Love
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Warlock
Nov 13, 2021
Congratulations! Nice job!
Thanks!
Hey there! I'm really glad to hear about your amazing progress! Lord knows we need more people with a decent understanding of psychology these days. And being able to so so well in a condensed class is incredible! It takes a huge amount of focus and a concentrated work ethic to stick with something so demanding. I'd certainly never be able to pull it off, I can barely keep my head long enough to take the garbage out, let alone study for five hours. xD

If I may ask, what are your plans long term? You said you're going to try and find some internships, what exactly are you looking at getting into?
Thanks, it was certainly tough and I think I could only do it for a month tops, it was very exhausting, trying to cram all my assignments. We had 10 assignments (four 300 word essays, four module tests (3 chapters per module), and 2 presentations, 1 of which was extra credit.

My place long term are uncertain currently, and internships are if I like my major of computer science. But, if it all goes to plan, I hope to get some form of software engineering internship, either remote or with a housing stipend. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
thats amazing dude! wishing you all the best luck with your next classes and internships! <3
Thanks! I might very well need it! :)

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns