F

flakeyknight

Jan 1, 2021
Took a computer science class and could not improve my logical thinking skills. Spent almost 12 hours a day with the TA for our class. Literally all my assigments were done with hints from them. Not good enough to be a doctor or software engineer, only a lowly teacher

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cryone, Ash’Girl, TotallyNotWielkiM and 2 others
I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
Just keep going. You were able to do the assignments, trying is very valid. Give it time and you'll improve your logical skills

hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
thats cause you'll never comprehend anything which doesn't have a personal purpose to you. has nothing to do with your intelligence.

just think about why you want to do something, and the means to get it will answer itself.

TotallyNotWielkiM

TotallyNotWielkiM

Dec 19, 2023
Took a computer science class and could not improve my logical thinking skills. Spent almost 12 hours a day with the TA for our class. Literally all my assigments were done with hints from them. Not good enough to be a doctor or software engineer, only a lowly teacher
My man.
I've been working as a programmer for a couple of years now. And I'm always moving between "I'm so fucking stupid, I shouldn't be allowed to do this work" and "I'm a fucking god who makes this computer my bitch".

Programming is just like that. At first you have to start coding the basics just to gain a general proficiency. Don't be disheartened that you don't get it now.
Also, while working commercially as a programmer, in a corporation, you're like 90% stealing some else's code instead of writing your own. It really does more harm than good to feel like you do at basically the very start of learning anything.

Reactions: flightless bird, 4am, Ash’Girl and 1 other person
Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
What @TotallyNotWielkiM said.

Search engines are all coders best friends. Don't be so hard on yourself. The more you stick at it the more you learn but it takes time, and a lot of trial and error.

Also, there's nothing lowly about being a teacher. It takes a lot of work and dedication. I think I would suck at it.

Reactions: cryone