• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That's all I ever wanted but was never able to get it.
a loving girlfriend would be enough for me, but i'll never get it.
impossible.
Me too fellas, me too. I'm at a point where I've hyped up the idea of having one so much that I know I'm setting myself up for future disappointment and heartache that I just refuse to deal with.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Most men aren't so lucky with the current crop available. Being single is a blessing in this ultra feminist society. "I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle" and that was only first wave feminism too.

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I feel the same way but at the same time I see that a lot of people in relationships are miserable too, they only persist because they're afraid of being alone. I'd rather be single forever than be a source of someone else's misery. Just a small personal comfort, idk if it makes sense.

O

Oddmass

Nov 25, 2020
It's nothing to write home about. I've been around the carousel countless times and been with partners I wasted years with, gave up everything for, and moved away for. Not to say there's never a diamond in the rough, but the bad ones seem to be plenty and you'll never know until its too late. Once you've been through the same shit over and over again countless times the last thing you want is another girl.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It's nothing to write home about. I've been around the carousel countless times and been with partners I wasted years with, gave up everything for, and moved away for. Not to say there's never a diamond in the rough, but the bad ones seem to be plenty and you'll never know until its too late. Once you've been through the same shit over and over again countless times the last thing you want is another girl.
I wish I had gone for every chance presented so i could be jaded and definitely done with this life.
Threads like these support pro-lifers' claim that people here are actually in need of "help" and don't actually want to CTB.
Is it hard to believe that many here should seek help before ctb?

O

Oddmass

Nov 25, 2020
Threads like these support pro-lifers' claim that people here are actually in need of "help" and don't actually want to CTB.
Sadly I have to agree. I respect people who have legitimately exhausted all resources and have actually lived their life to know what is and isn't left for them for ctb. As well as those with actual depression and other issues. Wanting to kill yourself because you have no girlfriend just seems like young naivety to me, not to sound mean or anything.

Coffeandamug

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
But a lot of people here really want help. I think what the pro-lifers get wrong is that not everyone wants nor needs it, and there's a great chance people who CBT already had ehxausted their resources. After all dying is not a trivial task. I think that's why there's also a support forum. Those who want help should get it, but those who don't want help anymore and just want to go should also have the right to do so.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sadly I have to agree. I respect people who have legitimately exhausted all resources and have actually lived their life to know what is and isn't left for them for ctb. As well as those with actual depression and other issues. Wanting to kill yourself because you have no girlfriend just seems like young naivety to me, not to sound mean or anything.
I think for people like me even though I have yet to experience it and exhaust this option, I know for a fact that any relationship I enter is going to be bad for all involved. Either someone gets with me purely to take advantage of me or I could end up settling out of fear and ultimately still making us both even more unhappy. It does hurt to know that my inexperience is exactly why I'm unfit for any girlfriend at my age. Sure 26 is relatively young but not when almost everyone else has been getting dates since they were in their teens. Any smart girl who looks at me would rightfully assume that there must be valid reasons for this being the case, reasons which they'd be smart enough to use themselves and reject me for.

Knowing that and faced with the crippling realization that my biology programmed me to make it my only thing worth living for, why shouldn't I be allowed to die then rather than potentially make mine or someone else's life more miserable?

M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
So maybe OP has exhausted all resources and it's why he wishes he hadn't. What if a girlfriend were the only thing that could bring you happiness except that you were permanently debilitated in bed and never able to date? It's not very sympathetic.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Sure 26 is relatively young but not when almost everyone else has been getting dates since they were in their teens. Any smart girl who looks at me would rightfully assume that there must be valid reasons for this being the case, reasons which they'd be smart enough to use themselves and reject me for.

Not necessarily. I've read that amongst the younger generations the percentage of people who haven't had sex as a teen or in their twenties is increasing a lot. Social media and the like make it seem different.

Status
Not open for further replies.