• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Dating apps are like the 9th layer of Hell for men because women on there have a whole pool of men to choose from and most would be looking for that unicorn. We like to think that we're unicorns too, but that's never the case. Unless you have the looks of Leo DiCaprio and the personality of Sean Connery, I would steer clear away from them. It's better to meet in person or do one of those speed dating meetups whenever Covid goes away. I met a few women through shared hobbies or when dancing by myself at the club. Just takes patience and not getting too worked up on virtual apps and/or rejections.
Seems very much that way, yeah. Though I don't mind getting rejected on these apps as much since I rarely even find anyone I myself am attracted to plus worst comes to worst if they do reject me I probably won't know about it anyway...

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Seems very much that way, yeah. Though I don't mind getting rejected on these apps as much since I rarely even find anyone I myself am attracted to plus worst comes to worst if they do reject me I probably won't know about it anyway...

When they don't reply after 2 days, then yeah it's a no from them. At least with face to face meetups, they'll let you know immediately. Shared experiences tends to bring people closer together.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Are you in lockdown? If not, you can try what @Symbiote suggested and see how that works out.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sorry about that. Coffee shops and restaurants are closed here too.
Even if places like coffee shops were open, I have no idea what I'd do if I were there by myself. Am I supposed to just stand there and look handsome? I'd be too scared to actually talk to someone out of the blue since it might be creepy...

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Even if places like coffee shops were open, I have no idea what I'd do if I were there by myself. Am I supposed to just stand there and look handsome? I'd be too scared to actually talk to someone out of the blue since it might be creepy...
I never thought I'd say this.... but maybe you should watch a few PUA videos, just to get some ideas on making that initial contact. You have to take a risk that someone might see you as a creep if you want to get anywhere.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Grass is not always greener.

Reading these posts from such a smart, kind, intelligent woman who ctb put things into perspective for me. She talks in detail about her relationship with her boyfriend in some of them. https://www.oocities.org/suzygmemorial/posts.html

No amount of love would heal these wounds I think, unless the person truly understood the situation or respected my wishes to not exist. It is likely someone you try to date may look down on you for having what they consider to be "mental deficiencies".

I find that phenomena to be cruel and abhorrent, but the world we live in is selfish and no one wants to deal with someone branded as mentally ill, which makes relationships significantly harder.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020

You could do that...unbutton the top 3 buttons of your shirt to let some of that chest pop out and then stand next to a fan to "cool" yourself off. Someone will notice...

Speed dating or singles' meetups help in these situations because everyone is there for the same reasons, "getting to know someone". Drinking coffee in a coffee shop and approaching random women and saying "Hey that dress makes you look fine" would be creepy. Start small though, getting someone just to say hi and make small talk is a win in my book, getting their name and a number is a bonus.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've been perusing some of the stuff from this site because the person has gone through depression and found a way to ground himself. https://www.knowledgeformen.com/
From what I'm reading, some of it is hitting pretty dang close to home. :ahhha:

Initiating contact is important for you to gain confidence. Don't be like Supreme Gentleman and expect that women just throw themselves at your feet, you have to put in a bit of effort yourself.
True. It's probably why the woman from my recent experience eventually drifted away from me... Logically I know it's true but I've sometimes had trouble stomaching the feeling that I'm being creepy and my self-loathing takes over. That guy is really stubborn.

What was the ratio - 100 to 1? :pfff:
Not THAT bad thankfully but I think it was like 20-something to 1, and there were only around 15 women who signed up. Some of them were also already in relationships and only in it for fun (based on rumors I heard).

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I learned that most conventions that cater to singles looking to meet with each other tend to be massive sausage fests. Even a swingers convention are couples looking for men to bone their husbands. Yeah, pass on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.