• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lonelysadman89

lonelysadman89

Oct 26, 2023
I (23M) was diagnosed 3 months ago with major depression since I used to have a lot of suicidal thoughts and I used to plan how I was gonna kms that even my psychiatrist told me it was a great idea to try getting into a psychiatric center, yet I decided not to. After that, my depression got worse when I tried another antidepressant (Spravato) and once again I was told it'd be a great idea to enter a psychiatric center by two new different psychiatrists. I've been experiencing depression ever since I have memory (around 4 yo i guess?) and I also suffer from epilepsy. I feel that my life is a misery but I constantly try to feel better by thinking that there's people in a worse situation than me... I mean it doesn't make me happy but it makes me feel that I should be grateful for not being in the complete shit although sometimes this way of thinking rarely makes me feel worse, however the main purpose of this thread is that even though I've been suffering from depression my whole life, there have been moments where I lose complete interest in the things I used to like (or just that made me feel distracted and forget this depression) but lately (~6 months) I'm so bored of everything! I don't want to do anything and my suicidal thoughts have stopped about a month ago. They were constant, the whole day every day and now they're still there but sometimes it's like once every week and not the whole day, just whenever I feel very stressed with college. My question is... how do you all get new hobbies or start liking your previous hobbies? Whenever someone asks me what I do in my free time I don't even know how to answer because it's mostly being in my bed and that's misery to be honest and none of you won't say it's not because it actually is! I just sleep and stay in bed while watching something during my whole freaking day and these days I have more free time since my university told me to stay in house for the recovery of my mental health (which got worse because I'm taking my classes online). I don't have friends and I never get to see people because I never hang out yet the only way I used to see people was going to the university, even if they weren't my friends or classmates it helped me to get distracted! Also my depression got worse 2 years ago because my mother passed away and everything reminds me of her. The first 6 months I used to cry because I missed her a lot but now I can't cry, I just feel the emotion but I can't cry and it's so overwhelming.

I went through a lot of topics.
tldr; how to get back to enjoying your hobbies? have you ever felt like you can't cry but you feel very sad (deeply sad)? I really hope I'm not the only one but at the same time I hope I'm the only one since it feels TERRIBLE.

H

Hotsackage

Warlock
Mar 11, 2019
Honestly, if you do the basic things, light even light exercise, listening to music. Anything to relax, you it should alleviate some of your symptoms. All the best

• Informative
Reactions: lonelysadman89
lonelysadman89

lonelysadman89

Oct 26, 2023
Honestly, if you do the basic things, light even light exercise, listening to music. Anything to relax, you it should alleviate some of your symptoms. All the best
The thing is that I've tried exercise (both light and not so light) and listening to music. I even lost passion for music! Some days I like music but most I don't.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
OCDsufferer

OCDsufferer

no longer human
Apr 17, 2024
I am in a very similar position but with OCD and honestly what has helped me was get into things that require lots of thought, such as hard puzzle games or books in languages I'm not so fluent yet. That way I'm fully distracted because I have to use so much of my brain and it gives me something to think about even when I'm not doing those things directly.

H

Hotsackage

Warlock
Mar 11, 2019
I'm the same, its not always the same things that relax u. Depends, but being active doing whatever will be better in thr long-run. I wish there was a cure for this shit, unfortunately we have to find wat works for us, if u choose that route

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
have you ever felt like you can't cry but you feel very sad (deeply sad)? I really hope I'm not the only one but at the same time I hope I'm the only one since it feels TERRIBLE.
The thing is that I've tried exercise (both light and not so light) and listening to music. I even lost passion for music! Some days I like music but most I don't.
You're not the only one who feels like this, I also have trouble crying these days despite wanting to, it's like there's a blockage somewhere. And I also can't listen to music anymore :\

• Aww..
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
We are depressed because we care too much. Those of us, including myself, that suffer from OCD care even more. Only when everyone in this world that cares about decency CTBs and are gone, can the greedy, selfish, people that are remaining realize they took us for granted.

Reactions: divinemistress36