• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
i've been there, one of the worst times my addiction got the best of me was when i intentionally broke my mirror and get creative, using it to slit my thighs. for me, it's the feeling of satisfaction and relief that kept me going and wanting more because i never felt that i am satisfied enough with myself so i cope this way. i didn't know how else to project how i feel to everyone because i know no one would understand so i kept doing it.

lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
Hi,
I cut my arms and thighs almost every day, I can't stop this addiction
There are ways to get out of this addiction:
1. Develop distracting techniques (easier)
2. Use the app "I'm Sober" (medium)
3. Simply stop it (harder)

I'm not an expert but I know there are multiple ways to get out of it if you want to. I also know for sure there are easier ways to exit it, but I refused to learn them in psychotherapy.

mikuhappy

mikuhappy

Feb 14, 2024
Hi,

There are ways to get out of this addiction:
1. Develop distracting techniques (easier)
2. Use the app "I'm Sober" (medium)
3. Simply stop it (harder)

I'm not an expert but I know there are multiple ways to get out of it if you want to. I also know for sure there are easier ways to exit it, but I refused to learn them in psychotherapy.
i'll try it

• Hugs
Reactions: lixt
noctilucent

noctilucent

Apr 5, 2024
When I first started, I thought it wouldn't become a problem and I'd be able to stop if I wanted to because it honestly doesn't even feel that good or hurt that much, at least not with the tools I have available.

I ended up being wrong, though. I suppose it's habit forming or was providing me something good even if I didn't realize it, because I've also been doing it nearly daily now, even on nights where I'm not particularly distressed.

If you find something that helps you stop, I'd like to hear about it. I'm not particularly worried about my body's safety or anything, and I don't mind the look of the scars, but I can't have them showing in public and I live somewhere very hot so it's getting annoying.

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
very same, OP. i've been cutting since i was a teenager and at first it was just an initiation into a shitty friendgroup but became part of my illness. i've ruined my body with cuts and although i keep saying i'll stop, i've already relapsed the other day. i don't think it will ever actually stop because of how it makes me feel in the act. it's the afterwards that i hate the most.

i've tried every alternative everyone has offered and could never stop either way. i can't tell you what to do with your body, but if you hate it and feel the addiction is too terrible, i really hope you'll find a way to stop soon and find other means to cope with distress. hopefully not with something else that becomes an addiction.

it's very hard to stop. i'm wishing you well as it's all i can really do.

• Hugs
Reactions: mikuhappy
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Im sorry you have to face this addicition aswell, it so hard to quit. Something that helps me with urges is to use an epilator. It hurts a lot, and ofcourse helps by making your body hair free if that something you desire. Combined with the "i am sober" app maybe you could quit.
I wish you the best <3

• Love
Ociv

Ociv

Don't fear what's in your head
Mar 29, 2024
Why do you do it?

More specifically, what urges in the moment make you feel that you need to hurt yourself? What do you feel if you resist those urges and dont hurt yourself?

bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
Mar 31, 2024
I haven't hurt myself in a long time but that doesn't mean I don't want to do it

• Hugs
Reactions: mikuhappy and lixt
mikuhappy

mikuhappy

Feb 14, 2024
Why do you do it?

More specifically, what urges in the moment make you feel that you need to hurt yourself? What do you feel if you resist those urges and dont hurt yourself?
It makes me calmer and makes the depression go away for a few moments, if I don't stop the depression it gets worse

• Hugs
Reactions: lixt