• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H25pital Order

H25pital Order

Liquid Medication
Dec 4, 2023
Sorry. In the sense that SN solution is unstable and therefore rarely marketed. I was under the impression SN came in two forms. One being easier than the other. Both forms are available on MERCK and I used the CAS indexing system to distinguish between liquid and salt. Thank you for your explanation because I have realised where I have gone wrong — and saved hours of research.

Reactions: Relic
Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Student
Mar 18, 2022
Sorry. In the sense that SN solution is unstable and therefore rarely marketed. I was under the impression SN came in two forms. One being easier than the other. Both forms are available on MERCK and I used the CAS indexing system to distinguish between liquid and salt. Thank you for your explanation because I have realised where I have gone wrong — and saved hours of research.
What is the CAS indexing system and how can I do it?
I have. But some users on here are more knowledgable than Wiki. Would it be correct to say that because NaNO3 is pretty much non-existent, diluting NaNO2 into a liquid solution is the only form?
Wiki is supposed to be a collective knowledge, except for anything political. Although a lot of information is deliberately excluded from there.
In what sense is sodium nitrate non-existent? Sodium nitrite will oxidize into nitrate when exposed to oxygen.
If you mean CAS indexing system, these numbers exist specifically to identify a chemical substance and to avoid mistakes.
7632-00-0 = NaNO2
7631-99-4 = NaNO3

The fastest way to look them up is maybe Wikipedia.
Sodium nitrite solution is unstable and is rarely marketed, if at all.
Is there any way to change NaNO3 to NaNO2? How to change 7631-99-4 to 7632-00-0?

Last edited:
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Is there any way to change NaNO3 to NaNO2? How to change 7631-99-4 to 7632-00-0?
Theoretically there is, but it is quite a bit of work, and you need to be able test the results.
Maybe only as a last resort.

Reactions: H25pital Order
Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Student
Mar 18, 2022
Theoretically there is, but it is quite a bit of work, and you need to be able test the results.
Maybe only as a last resort.

If what I ate was potassium nitrate, is there a way to make it into sodium nitrite 7632-00-0?

And how long does it take to make one? one month? How many years? More than a week?
It was most likely potassium nitrate.

OP mentioned that in 50ml water it was impossible to dissolve everything (even after adding some more water), sodium nitrate is as good soluble in water (20°C) as sodium nitrite. However in 50ml water (20°C) only 16g of potassium nitrate can be dissolved before the solution is saturated.

Anyway this case leaves a lot of question marks to me ...
It seems plausible, but there is no solution even if you ask your father.

Last edited:
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
If what I ate was potassium nitrate, is there a way to make it into sodium nitrite 7632-00-0?
That would not be possible.

And how long does it take to make one? one month? How many years? More than a week?
If you become a home chemist then all depends on the circumstances. Watch the videos, in addition to your NaNO3, you also need some items and space. And some luck.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Well, the method with sugar is not very informative. If the mixture ignites too easily, it's most likely NaNO3, since it decomposes to NaNO2 and O2 at relatively low temperatures. If ignition needs an excessive heating, it may be NaNO2 or wet NaNO3.

A more informative test could be done with ammonia chloride. The reaction between NaNO2 and NH4Cl dissolved in water produces bubbles of nitrogen.

NaNO2 + NH4Cl = NaCl + 2 H2O + N2

You won't get any bubbles if NaNO2 is replaced with NaNO3.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower and H25pital Order
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Dude didn't say how long it had been since taking it when asked, this thread raises eyebrows.

• Yay!
Reactions: BrainShower, mortuarymary and Meditation guide
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
This thread makes me question my sanity even more than usual.

• Yay!
Reactions: H25pital Order, Whale_bones, Abyssal and 1 other person
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, BrainShower, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Am I understanding this right? His dad bought him SN. He has no way to buy it himself.

H25pital Order

H25pital Order

Liquid Medication
Dec 4, 2023
Misleading or not, SS Med School is real!

Reactions: BrainShower