Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
There's a thing people.have been raised to do in response to.someone'e venting, where it's almost trained reflex to somehow minimize it. Like "my day was shitty, I missed my bus and blah blah blah" answered by "well, at least you made it home in the end." a seriously random example, but the point is the minimizing of the first person's beef. And it's pretty much a reflex in many of us. But it is dismissive, in and or itself. If the second person said, instead, "shit, man. That's a horrible way to start what turned out to be a shitty day. I've been there", then the first person would know they cracked through the outer shell of npc, to the human underneath.

Press zero to speak to a human.

That is, if I followed your comment properly.

Reactions: BrainShower, WAITING TO DIE, noname123 and 1 other person
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, everybody.
If I go and want to engage, I will ask people to talk to me, to engage with me meaningfully and not just write the usual small talk phrase, like "sleep tight" "sorry you have to go". They have their place but I'd ask for people to talk to me like they talk to their close ones and only in a positive or neutral way (I've had enough negativity as it is). I'd ask you to describe what you've eaten and why you liked it, what your general preferences in food are; tell me what film you watched, what music you listened and why you enjoy it. Tell me a funny joke or about a funny situation that you observed. Just talk to me and give me a feeling that I'm not alone.

I'm sure that there're enough people on every forum that have a lot of empathy and would be willing to make more effort to engage than just to write one appropriate for the occassion phrase. I won't be talking about sad things, I will want to go on a positive note and with a warm feeling in heart. For now, I'm researching, researching, reasearching and taking it veeery slow.

Hope you're having a better day today.

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
In almost every thread, I see people constantly writing "I'm so sorry you feel that way, etc."This is hypocrisy. You don't know this person and you all write this as one. What is your goal? Fill the statistics of your account? Do you simply feel better because you allegedly supported a person.

I'm not toxic, but it just freaks me out. They often tell me that my life is important to them, but they communicate with me only when I write to them first.Maybe that's why I react so strongly to these "words of support".
Reading through some of this thread, I think that you are agitated that a lot of "support" seems fake. People say nice things, but ultimately don't try to make any changes or provide anything to help people. They'll say they're sorry, that they feel bad, but won't lift a finger for you. Is that right?

If so, I definitely understand it. In my personal life, I get agitated when my friends sympathize with my problems, don't don't physically do anything to help me. When I express that I feel alone and isolated, they say they're sorry to hear that, but rarely do anything. One of my friends did introduce me to some of his friends, which helped, and I appreciate him a lot.

Idk. Nobody is under any obligation to help anyone, and for a lot of people, especially here online, there's almost nothing anyone can do to help. But I do find it frustrating

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Idk. Nobody is under any obligation to help anyone, and for a lot of people, especially here online, there's almost nothing anyone can do to help. But I do find it frustrating
Yeah, it does madden me that people are supposed to have an obligation to help their boss & family — to the very best of their abilities — but not to help actual sufferers

So a restauranteur can strive like an athelete to provide great food... but not for hungry people who need it most. (For example, if the hungry people lack some imaginary social points)

I was researching buddhism because of yesterday's thread on it, and it seems they have a tradition of leaving your family & job. I guess that's partly so you can look around at who's really suffering

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
We really are a bunch of eternal edgy teens

• Yay!
Reactions: dreamingofrest, randal_bond and SexyIncél