• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I dont think you need to take drugs to have that need satisfied. I just think thinking of yourself as nothing more than a meat suit that will cease existing at the end of your life does not do people any good. But that is my opinion based on reading about it and observations of my friends
That is simply anecdotal and I think the opposite because I know plenty of people that feel the opposite so I think for some people they need that sense of a immortality and I think some people are OK accepting the reality that we cease to exist and I think for those people, it puts more urgency to actually fix the world and make it a better place
I dont think you need to take drugs to have that need satisfied. I just think thinking of yourself as nothing more than a meat suit that will cease existing at the end of your life does not do people any good. But that is my opinion based on reading about it and observations of my friends
It's just different strokes for different folks

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
That is simply anecdotal and I think the opposite because I know plenty of people that feel the opposite so I think for some people they need that sense of a immortality and I think some people are OK accepting the reality that we cease to exist and I think for those people, it puts more urgency to actually fix the world and make it a better place

It's just different strokes for different folks
well based on what i read with regards to cancer patients they were deeply afraid of death, i am talknig even christians. And these drugs seemed to destroy that conditioning and make them feel that their bodies are just bodies and that they are more than that. You can disregard that as a hallucination but if it helps people deeply like that then i think there is something more to it but idk

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
well based on what i read with regards to cancer patients they were deeply afraid of death, i am talknig even christians. And these drugs seemed to destroy that conditioning and make them feel that their bodies are just bodies and that they are more than that. You can disregard that as a hallucination but if it helps people deeply like that then i think there is something more to it but idk
I think that's wonderful if that provides people with a sense of comfort, and I know some people that are accepting of death and ready to die and they are not suicidal, but I think that if that brings people comfort, just like religion does that's totally fine and as I have said many times, I have never doubted the therapeutic potential of psychedelics and I think They can have a lot of positive benefits on people

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I think that's wonderful if that provides people with a sense of comfort, and I know some people that are accepting of death and ready to die and they are not suicidal, but I think that if that brings people comfort, just like religion does that's totally fine and as I have said many times, I have never doubted the therapeutic potential of psychedelics and I think They can have a lot of positive benefits on people
ok now im gonna eat it was good talking to you

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Likewise. Based on our DM's, it sounds like this may have actually just been a humongous, misunderstanding based on the constraints of language and personal interpretation of nebulous terms. if you feel like responding to my DM, please feel free as I have no animosity, and would simply like to better understand. Have a wonderful rest of your day!
And if it was a giant misunderstanding, then I apologize, sincerely and hope I did not offend you. Anyways have a great day!

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Likewise. Based on our DM's, it sounds like this may have actually just been a humongous, misunderstanding based on the constraints of language and personal interpretation of nebulous terms. if you feel like responding to my DM, please feel free as I have no animosity, and would simply like to better understand. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

And if it was a giant misunderstanding, then I apologize, sincerely and hope I did not offend you. Anyways have a great day!
i sent a pm, sorry for ranting

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
i sent a pm, sorry for ranting
No, you're not ranting if anything I am. And just for the record, on Jung - I kind of like his theories for cultural analysis & the human psyche in general but I don't know if I find them very useful understanding individual people. The theories tend to skew toward intellectualism rather than toward deep self understanding. I do find his work on archetypes also very interesting. he was certainly very influential and I find his theories very interesting and they're definitely is validity to things he said, and other things that he said are so much more speculative and up for debate. I do not disregard him though. So if I misspoke and said that I completely disregard him, then that was an error on my part.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, you're not ranting if anything I am. And just for the record, on Jung - I kind of like his theories for cultural analysis & the human psyche in general but I don't know if I find them very useful understanding individual people. The theories tend to skew toward intellectualism rather than toward deep self understanding. I do find his work on archetypes also very interesting. he was certainly very influential and I find his theories very interesting and they're definitely is validity to things he said, and other things that he said are so much more speculative and up for debate. I do not disregard him though. So if I misspoke and said that I completely disregard him, then that was an error on my part.
My crush said that "Jung was a hack" but @mmikkee1 said that he disregarded psychology lol. He likes Freud though

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
My crush said that "Jung was a hack" but @mmikkee1 said that my crush disregarded psychology lol. My crush likes Freud though
Jung had a period in his life where he went what could be considered insane. So technically you could call him a hack based on that but he wrote the red book during that period so idk. Freud and Jung both had ideas on what unconscious mind is. I find Jung's interpretation better but that is a matter of personal opinion.

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
My crush said that "Jung was a hack" but @mmikkee1 said that my crush disregarded psychology lol. He likes Freud though
He is renowned for his influential theories on analytical psychology. While Jung's ideas have been highly influential and continue to be studied and applied in various fields, it's important to note that like any scientific or philosophical framework, some aspects of Jung's theories have been subject to criticism, refinement, or revision over time.
Overall, while Jung's ideas have had a profound impact on psychology, psychotherapy, and other fields, they are not immune to scrutiny or revision. Like any scientific or philosophical framework, Jung's theories continue to be evaluated, refined, and expanded upon by subsequent generations of scholars and practitioners. While some aspects of Jung's ideas may be open to debate or reinterpretation, his contributions to the understanding of the human psyche remain significant and enduring.

• Informative
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
FC can become known and author of all her threads!

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
He is renowned for his influential theories on analytical psychology. While Jung's ideas have been highly influential and continue to be studied and applied in various fields, it's important to note that like any scientific or philosophical framework, some aspects of Jung's theories have been subject to criticism, refinement, or revision over time.
Overall, while Jung's ideas have had a profound impact on psychology, psychotherapy, and other fields, they are not immune to scrutiny or revision. Like any scientific or philosophical framework, Jung's theories continue to be evaluated, refined, and expanded upon by subsequent generations of scholars and practitioners. While some aspects of Jung's ideas may be open to debate or reinterpretation, his contributions to the understanding of the human psyche remain significant and enduring.
Lol is this from ChatGPT again 😂

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Imo I'm not of the camp that having children is evil, its just having children in our current world seems extremely irresponsible and risky for them to grow up without some form of trauma. Even though a disease robbed me of my fertility any damn way, I'd never consider having kids in a world where we are in constant wars, high potential for abuse/harm, and financial problems. I'm not even talking about waiting for a Utopia either. To think things were even worse back in the ye ole ages means humanity needs to see a LOT of improvement before I'd ever think its okay for children to be brought into the world. I guess it may mean never, because humans can be unbelievably vile and evil creatures.

Reactions: davidtorez
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I can't remember if I posted this in PM's or on this thread but - I kind of like his theories for cultural analysis & the human psyche in general but I don't find them very useful understanding individual people. The theories tend to skew toward intellectualism rather than toward deep self understanding
Maybe some of his ideas are applicable in a general sense, but maybe should be put to a scale when examine a specific individual. 🤷‍♀️
My crush said that "Jung was a hack" but @mmikkee1 said that he disregarded psychology lol. He likes Freud though
like @mmikkee1 said, a lot of Freud's ideas & theories have been tossed away. I do think he said some very profound things and I do like some of his ideas but he also said some crazy things.

Last edited:
  • Informative
M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
Do you think that scientists will figure out how to stop aging? How much longer is "way way longer"? Will aging be reversed and prevented?
Ya I think so, from what I heard from ray kurzweil, he thinks humans will reach longevity escape velocity by 2029.

• Informative
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
So you're quoting a single, albeit brilliant genius, but a single one from almost 100 years ago? Who was of Jewish decent and one who spoke poetically and was more of an agnostic?
"He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist", preferring to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever."
You know that statical correlation between religion and more formal education? The more degrees you get, the less likely you are to be religious.
Don´t you have anything else to do?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Don´t you have anything else to do?
First, @mmikkee1 and I actually reconciled very well over PM and it was more so a misunderstanding. Passions run high on both sides and thats not a bad thing.

Secondly, this whole forum is for discussion and debate. Thats what it's for. It's not meant to be an echo chamber. And other users have agreed with me on that.

Third, well I went skiing out of state this past weekend and saw my girlfriend today. So yes, I do. But I also enjoy engaging with people and challenging their ideas as well as my own. And even if I didn't then - so what?
Is this even your thread? People can always choose just not to respond…

Do you @DEATH IS FREEDOM have something positive to contribute?

If you don't like my content, then just ignore it. :p

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yikes, this FC thread is no longer an FC thread...

robotomy

robotomy

Aug 6, 2020
Oh definitely especially for health if you can tough it out in 5-10 years is going to be big changes in longevity as well humans will live to be way way longer medically there's going to be crazy advancements even like having a robot wife is going to be a thing pretty soon you have some smoking hot robot wife or husband whatever. Here's a example of where robots are today. And a.i is increasing at a rate of ten times per 6 months, so once quantum computers come out it will get insanely cool.

Unless...capitalism :ohhhh: . Jk idk much and even I dont see it getting THIS bad (except for climate-caused issues even later on)

Last edited:
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Do you have a scientific background to dismiss science?

"Bad religion is self-righteous, arrogant, and intolerant. And so is bad science. But unlike religious fundamentalists, scientific fundamentalists do not realize that their opinions are based on faith. They think they know the truth."

- Rupert Sheldrake, Science Set Free

A dangerous philosophy of science is that science is better than philosophy.

"Teach thy tongue to say I don't know and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

You gotta be able to be open minded enough to go meta on your point of view/ideology/belief system.

How about we all begin with saying
"I don't know what anything is."

Seriously!

I don't know what space, time, matter, energy, meditation, sound, beauty, happiness, spirituality, science, morality, light, math, other, reality, understanding, and I don't even know what knowledge is.

It's funny how we often get all emotional about being right.

If we're so convinced of the truth of our conceptual fortress, then why do we get so defensive, triggered, and criticize others?

Why even have intellectual arguments if we're already in possession of the truth?

Or, maybe deep down, we suspect that we're living in a conceptual fortress, and that if we're not defensive, then it will collapse.

The mind puts up fake fronts of knowing. This includes, beliefs, hearsay, intuition, theories, etc. All knowledge is twisted to fit the ego.

Do we care more about the truth or about being right?

Society created a religion of knowing through religion, science, business, politicians, school, etc. All of this creates the social matrix of pretending to know.

We humans rarely acknowledge the depth of our own ignorance.

Science only plays lip-service to not-knowing. Even the things science says that we know, we don't actually know.

Science overestimates what we really know by playing a game of false humility.

When we're talking about understanding all of reality/the pursuit of Truth, then we've got to be open to all possible worldviews and techniques of investigating the nature of reality.

Science is one point of view.
The scientific method is one method.

Society pressures us to make up crap when we don't really know. Not-knowing is treated as a weakness.

Not-knowing is treated as not even an option. But Not-knowing is often the best option.

Skeptics teach us that knowing is impossible. But we dismiss it. We don't care about the truth, but we care about what works and what is practical.

We build our knowledge without considering the cost. The cost of knowing is closed-mindedness, self-deception, assumptions, conflating map for territory, being lost in fantasy.

Not-knowing is connecting to truth, love, and being.

The ego hates uncertainty and would rather have false certainty than stand in I Don't Know.

The ego creates narratives to help it survive.

Newtonian mechanics is not fully how reality works and we know this, but we still use it because it is practical.

The mind has a natural need to know itself. Even children have a natural curiosity to understand the world.

Why do I have a natural desire to understand the universe?

The reason we have this desire is because God has a desire to know itself, and we are That.

God's motive is self-realization. Curiosity exists because we want to know ultimate reality.

Curiosity tethers us to God. When we follow curiosity long enough, we'll reach God/Truth.

Reality is too profound to be knowable. If reality can be knowable, then I am underestimating reality. Reality is too infinite for me to know it. You can awaken to the profundity of reality.

The counterintuitive move is to stand in I don't know. Bask in I don't know.

It takes wisdom and courage to admit I don't know.

The way to have the courage to admit my ignorance is to realize that it is better for me to admit I don't know or have been wrong once than to spend forever pretending that I do know or that I am right when I am not.

I only have to admit I am wrong once. Living and suppressing the truth that I was wrong is worse than just admitting I was wrong once.

Mostly we aren't thinking long-term, so we pretend to save ourselves embarrassment.

Ex. admitting Buddhism is wrong rather than spending my whole life defending it and thinking it is right.

Not-knowing gets me out of fantasy. Buddhism is a fantasy, science is a fantasy, society is a fantasy, etc.

Not-knowing is a powerful technique to combat self-deception, paradigm lock, closed-mindedness, etc.

Become honest about when I don't know a thing. This takes introspection.

Practice not-knowing. Stop parroting what I learn and sit with I don't know.

Distinguish theory of not-knowing vs. state of not-knowing.

Exercise: Not-Knowing Meditation

Close eyes and erase past and future.

Erase all that I think I know. If I still think I am in my house, then I am not in genuine Not-Knowing.

Knowing prevents insights and awakening. Not-knowing creates space for new insights and awakenings.

Do I really know or am I pretending to know?

Belief and hearsay isn't real knowing. Direct experience is king.

All knowledge is second-order.
All knowledge is about existence.

Existence is first-order. The raw sensations of the present moment is being. What I think or know about it is second-order.

My knowledge of the present moment is not about the being of it.

We're focused on the second-order of what we can use things for and forget the being of things and pretend like there never was a first-order.

Conceptual knowledge is a way of avoiding the mystery of being.

Being = consciousness.

If you stop caring about the first-order, you stop caring about reality because reality is first order.

For example, if scientists want to understand consciousness, they have to study it at the first-order because consciousness is at the first-order.

Our existence is prior to our knowledge of it.

To know something, we first have to exist.

I exist but I don't know what existence is.

Knowing infinity is not possible because knowing is second-order. Infinity cannot fully know itself because knowing is a subset of infinity.

A hand cannot grab itself.
Infinity cannot grasp or know itself.

Being is mystical and mysterious. Mystical = mysterious.

Mystical means it is so fundamental that it is too profound to be known, that is mystery.

Science can't find God because God is the totality of everything and the totality of everything cannot be grasped by a subset of that totality.

Reality cannot be explicated.

It's often assumed that it's impossible to know what reality is. It is only impossible when our mind is locked down with ideology.

When mind is open to mystical experiences, then it is possible.

When the mind realizes it knows less and less, mystical experiences open up.

**Practical Takeaways:**

Contemplate the limits of knowing, what is knowing, how is it possible, what do i know and not know?

Question all that is known.

Notice that I don't know the being of anything

Enter deep states of not-knowing many times.

Don't let others and society to pressure me into knowing. Build that backbone to say I don't know.

Bask in the mystery of not-knowing.

Contemplate: What do I know for sure?

Distinguish belief vs. direct experience.

Wipe my worldview clean.

Write down 10 things that I think I know but that I really don't.

Balance not-knowing with action. Be active in my life and practice not-knowing.

Operate from intuition and implicit understanding.

Enter into a deep state of not-knowing before I do meditate and contemplation and before I interact with others.

Become comfortable with not-knowing and uncertainty.

"Every scientific man, in order to preserve his reputation, has to say he dislikes metaphysics. What he means is he dislikes having his metaphysics criticized."

- Alfred North Whitehead

"The theoretical authority of science is much smaller than it is supposed to be."
- Paul Feyerabend

"So many people today - and even professional scientists - seem to me like somebody who has seen thousands of trees but has never seen a forest. A knowledge of the historic and philosophical background gives that kind of independence from prejudices of his generation from which most scientists are suffering. This independence created by philosophical insight is - in my opinion - the mark of distinction between a mere artisan or specialist and a real seeker after truth."

.- Albert Einstein

"I want to know God's thoughts… the rest are details." -Albert Einstein

"It's structured to cover up a lie. The most dangerous lies are lies in the guise of truth. Where, all that you say factually is true, but it's part of a semantic field which is in itself a lie."

-Slavoj Zizek

"There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them."

-George Orwell

"Systems, scientific and philosophic, come and go. Each method of limited understanding is at length exhausted. In its prime each system is a triumphant success: in its decay it is an obstructive nuisance."

• Alfred North Whitehead

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

• Nikola Tesla

"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you."

• Werner Heisenberg

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a mircale. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

• Albert Einstein

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."

- Max Plank

Namaste 🌈🤍🙏💫

If you're open-minded enough, watch this eyeopening three part series for more:

Last edited:
  • Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"Bad religion is self-righteous, arrogant, and intolerant. And so is bad science. But unlike religious fundamentalists, scientific fundamentalists do not realize that their opinions are based on faith. They think they know the truth."

You gotta be able to be open minded enough to go meta on your point of view/ideology/belief system.

Seriously!

I don't know what space, time, matter, energy, meditation, sound, beauty, happiness, spirituality, science, morality, light, math, other, reality, understanding, and I don't even know what knowledge is.

If we're so convinced of the truth of our conceptual fortress, then why do we get so defensive, triggered, and criticize others?

Why even have intellectual arguments if we're already in possession of the truth?

Or, maybe deep down, we suspect that we're living in a conceptual fortress, and that if we're not defensive, then it will collapse.

The mind puts up fake fronts of knowing. This includes, beliefs, hearsay, intuition, theories, etc. All knowledge is twisted to fit the ego.

Society created a religion of knowing through religion, science, business, politicians, school, etc. All of this creates the social matrix of pretending to know.

Science only plays lip-service to not-knowing. Even the things science says that we know, we don't actually know.

When we're talking about understanding all of reality/the pursuit of Truth, then we've got to be open to all possible worldviews and techniques of investigating the nature of reality.

Society pressures us to make up crap when we don't really know. Not-knowing is treated as a weakness.

Not-knowing is treated as not even an option. But Not-knowing is often the best option.

Skeptics teach us that knowing is impossible. But we dismiss it. We don't care about the truth, but we care about what works and what is practical.

We build our knowledge without considering the cost. The cost of knowing is closed-mindedness, self-deception, assumptions, conflating map for territory, being lost in fantasy.

The ego hates uncertainty and would rather have false certainty than stand in I Don't Know.

Newtonian mechanics is not fully how reality works and we know this, but we still use it because it is practical.

The mind has a natural need to know itself. Even children have a natural curiosity to understand the world.

The reason we have this desire is because God has a desire to know itself, and we are That.

God's motive is self-realization. Curiosity exists because we want to know ultimate reality.

Curiosity tethers us to God. When we follow curiosity long enough, we'll reach God/Truth.

Reality is too profound to be knowable. If reality can be knowable, then I am underestimating reality. Reality is too infinite for me to know it. You can awaken to the profundity of reality.

The way to have the courage to admit my ignorance is to realize that it is better for me to admit I don't know or have been wrong once than to spend forever pretending that I do know or that I am right when I am not.

I only have to admit I am wrong once. Living and suppressing the truth that I was wrong is worse than just admitting I was wrong once.

Mostly we aren't thinking long-term, so we pretend to save ourselves embarrassment.

Ex. admitting Buddhism is wrong rather than spending my whole life defending it and thinking it is right.

Not-knowing gets me out of fantasy. Buddhism is a fantasy, science is a fantasy, society is a fantasy, etc.

Not-knowing is a powerful technique to combat self-deception, paradigm lock, closed-mindedness, etc.

Erase all that I think I know. If I still think I am in my house, then I am not in genuine Not-Knowing.

Knowing prevents insights and awakening. Not-knowing creates space for new insights and awakenings.

Existence is first-order. The raw sensations of the present moment is being. What I think or know about it is second-order.

We're focused on the second-order of what we can use things for and forget the being of things and pretend like there never was a first-order.

Being = consciousness.

If you stop caring about the first-order, you stop caring about reality because reality is first order.

For example, if scientists want to understand consciousness, they have to study it at the first-order because consciousness is at the first-order.

Knowing infinity is not possible because knowing is second-order. Infinity cannot fully know itself because knowing is a subset of infinity.

Mystical means it is so fundamental that it is too profound to be known, that is mystery.

Science can't find God because God is the totality of everything and the totality of everything cannot be grasped by a subset of that totality.

It's often assumed that it's impossible to know what reality is. It is only impossible when our mind is locked down with ideology.

Contemplate the limits of knowing, what is knowing, how is it possible, what do i know and not know?

Don't let others and society to pressure me into knowing. Build that backbone to say I don't know.

Wipe my worldview clean.

Enter into a deep state of not-knowing before I do meditate and contemplation and before I interact with others.

"Every scientific man, in order to preserve his reputation, has to say he dislikes metaphysics. What he means is he dislikes having his metaphysics criticized."

- Alfred North Whitehead

"The theoretical authority of science is much smaller than it is supposed to be."
- Paul Feyerabend

"So many people today - and even professional scientists - seem to me like somebody who has seen thousands of trees but has never seen a forest. A knowledge of the historic and philosophical background gives that kind of independence from prejudices of his generation from which most scientists are suffering. This independence created by philosophical insight is - in my opinion - the mark of distinction between a mere artisan or specialist and a real seeker after truth."

.- Albert Einstein

"It's structured to cover up a lie. The most dangerous lies are lies in the guise of truth. Where, all that you say factually is true, but it's part of a semantic field which is in itself a lie."

-Slavoj Zizek

"There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them."

-George Orwell

"Systems, scientific and philosophic, come and go. Each method of limited understanding is at length exhausted. In its prime each system is a triumphant success: in its decay it is an obstructive nuisance."

• Alfred North Whitehead

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

• Nikola Tesla

"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you."

• Werner Heisenberg

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a mircale. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

• Albert Einstein

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."

- Max Plank

Namaste 🌈🤍🙏💫

I think atheism is rhe position of cosmic humility. Its looking at the universe and saying, I don't know how this got here and I'm okay if I die before the real answers come.

Seriously!

Being = consciousness.

Wipe my worldview clean.

- Alfred North Whitehead

- Paul Feyerabend

.- Albert Einstein

-Slavoj Zizek

-George Orwell

• Alfred North Whitehead

• Nikola Tesla

• Werner Heisenberg

• Albert Einstein

- Max Plank

Namaste 🌈🤍🙏💫

Yeah, the universe is a very big place and we don't know everything but I think certainly have learned a lot. We have split the atom and manipulated the cell and walked on the moon. I think thats pretty good for going from horseback to the moon in less than 80 years. But I'm sure the pursuit of knowledge is eternal and we may never have answers to everything. But we've made pretty good progress compared to 100 years ago or 1,000 years ago or 10,000 years ago. Gravity is a product of mass, it's a softening of space-time. Energy is atomic motion and the ability to do work over time. What is dark energy? Does exotic matter exist? Some things are still open for speculation.

I think its nice that science has given us products of technology like the internet.

Philosophy still has a place at the edges of science

Last edited: