• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
So you're quoting a single, albeit brilliant genius, but a single one from almost 100 years ago? Who was of Jewish decent and one who spoke poetically and was more of an agnostic?
"He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist", preferring to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever."
You know that statical correlation between religion and more formal education? The more degrees you get, the less likely you are to be religious.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
So you're quoting a single, albeit brilliant genius, but a single one from almost 100 years ago? Who was of Jewish decent and one who spoke poetically and was more of an agnostic?
"He clarified however that, "I am not an atheist", preferring to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever."
You know that statical correlation between religion and more formal education? The more degrees you get, the less likely you are to be religious.
Idk lol. That's what @dreamscape1111 said on my thread a while back. Maybe they meant that Einstein believed in the metaphysical rather than religion itself.

"You know that statical correlation between religion and more formal education? The more degrees you get, the less likely you are to be religious."

That's what I thought haha

Reactions: davidtorez
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How do you define a "good parent"?
Because I've seen the bar many parents set for themselves and it's shockingly low to the ground.

Provide what exactly?
Food and shelter for a time?
A guaranteed avenue to happiness?
(Surely not the latter..)

It's still rolling the dice on a human life, no matter how a parent compensates after the fact..if they even bother.
(Until inevitable abandonment follows.)
Then you've got a million ways to Sunday..to suffer, if life deals you a shitty hand.
What is the mere act of decent parenting going to do then?

Some generalizations are appropriate when what's being asserted is generally true..
Can we really deny that life itself gives birth to suffering?
Can we, in good faith, claim that humanity isn't uniquely adept at creating novel, cruel and unusual ways to suffer..not just for ourselves and one another, but for other life on the planet, all whilst we 'know better'…?

Nature overall is unforgiving but humans are a particularly nasty scourge.
Some individual ones more than others, but still..
In order to claim that human life is bad and we should stop pro creating you have to make a claim about what the purpose of human life on earth is. This can't be answered without knowing the grand scheme of things, you simply cannot answer it at all unless you look at it from purely a western materialist prospective that doesn't take into account anything metaphysical
Nietzsche's prediction was wrong in that religion didn't end yet.
I like Eric Weinstein's quote, "We are now gods but for the wisdom." We have split the atom and manipulated the cell.

The strange thing is that physicists seem to believe in God though, as they research the mysteries of the universe, the more they believe in the divine.
I need more context…
Nietzsche talked about the death of god in regards with Christianity. He was right because atheism gave us millions of death under Stalin and Mao where the real religion was allegiance to the state.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
In order to claim that human life is bad and we should stop pro creating you have to make a claim about what the purpose of human life on earth is. This can't be answered without knowing the grand scheme of things, you simply cannot answer it at all unless you look at it from purely a western materialist prospective that doesn't take into account anything metaphysical

Nietzsche talked about the death of god in regards with Christianity. He was right because atheism gave us millions of death under Stalin and Mao where the real religion was allegiance to the state.
Do humans need religion at all or allegiance to anything though?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yes and we also know that the those with formal degrees who have hardline materialistic views have more psychological problems than those uneducated who believe in god because materialism and education does not give you what everyone needs which is a deep spiritual understanding
Do humans need religion at all or allegiance to anything though?
Humans have needs that go beyond material posessions

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

He famously stated that "God is dead" to convey the idea that traditional religious beliefs were losing their significance in modern society. Nietzsche believed that as humanity progressed scientifically and philosophically, traditional religious beliefs would no longer serve as a fundamental basis for moral values and societal organization. However, it's essential to note that Nietzsche's predictions are subject to interpretation and debate, and the future of religion remains a complex and multifaceted topic.
Yes and we also know that the those with formal degrees who have hardline materialistic views have more psychological problems than those uneducated who believe in god because materialism and education does not give you what everyone needs which is a deep spiritual understanding

What is your research paper that you're citing for this claim?

Spiritually is also a nebulous term with religious, metaphysical and communal connotations. What is your background in philosophy and metaphysics to make such bold claims? Do you have a scientific background to dismiss science? We're using electronic devices to talk over the internet…
What is your explanation for three generations of matter based on an index of six on a calabi-yau manifold at every point in space and time?
What is your alternative explanation for cosmic background microwave radiation?

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
What is your research paper that you're citing for this claim?
It was in a book by a psychiatrist stanislav grof who has written ton of books on this topic. When I get home I can cite you exactly what he said. He had experience with cancer patients taking lsd and general public and his experience showed that without that mystical phenomenon people generally suffer from anxiety over death and fear.

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

Meaning and purpose are human generated ideas and concept to aide in our survival. In the absolute, necessity does not exist. The evolutionary purpose in life is to procreate. Value is a total human concept. Prove otherwise…
It was in a book by a psychiatrist stanislav grof who has written ton of books on this topic. When I get home I can cite you exactly what he said. He had experience with cancer patients taking lsd and general public and his experience showed that without that mystical phenomenon people generally suffer from anxiety over death and fear.
That doesn't address my question. More educated people, including your psychiatrist, have more mental problems…?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Meaning and purpose are human generated ideas and concept to aide in our survival. In the absolute, necessity does not exist. The evolutionary purpose in life is to procreate. Value is a total human concept. Prove otherwise…

That doesn't address my question. More educated people, including your psychiatrist, have more mental problems…?
It's been proven by thousands of case studies of people taking lsd and experiencing metaphysical phenomenon, same with ndes that greatly impacted their life. I'm not going to take you by the hand you can look it up. Just about anything by grof. Human encounter with death is a good book

Don't get me started on science, they can't prove where consciousness comes from ok. If you are going to look at this from a western scientific paradigm and dismiss thousands of years of human history then you have proven yourself to be incapable of having a rational conversation

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, the fear of death is natural. LSD has been studied: its neurological pathways in your brain. Not mysticism. I've taken it plenty of times.

LSD primarily affects the serotonin system in the brain. It binds to serotonin receptors, particularly the 5-HT2A receptors, which are involved in regulating mood, perception, and cognition. Additionally, LSD can modulate other neurotransmitter systems, such as dopamine and glutamate, contributing to its diverse effects on consciousness and perception.
It's been proven by thousands of case studies of people taking lsd and experiencing metaphysical phenomenon, same with ndes that greatly impacted their life. I'm not going to take you by the hand you can look it up. Just about anything by grof. Human encounter with death is a good book
There's actually a book in the 1970s and they've also been able to replicate the feelings of your death and a centrifuge with astronauts so none of that's actually proven and you haven't cited any specific studies otherwise
Read this for a scientific understanding:

Don't get me started on science, they can't prove where consciousness comes from ok. If you are going to look at this from a western scientific paradigm and dismiss thousands of years of human history then you have proven yourself to be incapable of having a rational conversation
they did a study of near death experiences and there were certain specific patterns. Like they all had similarities and patterns. And it might be traced to something in our brain that gets triggered during that experience thats common to all of us.

Again, what is your scientific background? What do you have a degree in?

So what scientific studies because there's not thousands of them involving LSD and I can tell you as someone that is friends with one of the top psychedelic researchers in the world… its been very restricted

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yes, the fear of death is natural. LSD has been studied: its neurological pathways in your brain. Not mysticism. I've taken it plenty of times.

LSD primarily affects the serotonin system in the brain. It binds to serotonin receptors, particularly the 5-HT2A receptors, which are involved in regulating mood, perception, and cognition. Additionally, LSD can modulate other neurotransmitter systems, such as dopamine and glutamate, contributing to its diverse effects on consciousness and perception.

There's actually a book in the 1970s and they've also been able to replicate the feelings of your death and a centrifuge with astronauts so none of that's actually proven and you haven't cited any specific studies otherwise

Read this for a scientific understanding:

they did a study of near death experiences and there were certain specific patterns. Like they all had similarities and patterns. And it might be traced to something in our brain that gets triggered during that experience thats common to all of us.

Again, what is your scientific background? What do you have a degree in?

So what scientific studies because there's not thousands of them involving LSD and I can tell you as someone that is friends with one of the top psychedelic researchers in the world… its been very restricted
There is literally books on them

My degree is relevant stop appealing to some form of authority I don't need a degree to understand and research stuff.

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

Oh, look, materialistic explanations of how it works…

My degree is relevant stop appealing to some form of authority I don't need a degree to understand and research stuff.
Well, you're making the argument so I need to actually know how much of an understanding you have in reading studies so it is relevant because you're essentially claiming to be an expert on science not having all the answers and it being metaphysical so I am going to ask that because I actually do have a background in science, and it's offensive to hear people that are laymen explanation talk like they have authority.

Secondly, that's thousands of studies that's one involving thousands of people so you clearly miss quoted that

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

Oh, look, materialistic explanations of how it works…

Well, you're making the argument so I need to actually know how much of an understanding you have in reading studies so it is relevant because you're essentially claiming to be an expert on science not having all the answers and it being metaphysical so I am going to ask that because I actually do have a background in science, and it's offensive to hear people that are laymen explanation talk like they have authority.

Secondly, that's thousands of studies that's one involving thousands of people so you clearly miss quoted that
Science can't explain ndes, it can't explain past life memories, it can't explain why people have mythical experiences on lsd where they feel a part of everything and some meet god. Science does none of it besides "Hurr durr your brain is active in some regions wow"

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

On the other hand, Grof has been criticized by the skeptic group Český klub skeptiků Sisyfos in the Czech Republic for furthering what they view as nonscientific psychology too far outside the bounds of the materialistic philosophical underpinnings of modern science
Science can't explain ndes, it can't explain past life memories, it can't explain why people have mythical experiences on lsd where they feel a part of everything and some meet god. Science does none of it besides "Hurr durr your brain is active in some regions wow"
Yes, it can… and even if it hasn't yet - what evidence do you have?
So why do you think they've been able to replicate that in centrifuges with astronauts?

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
On the other hand, Grof has been criticized by the skeptic group Český klub skeptiků Sisyfos in the Czech Republic for furthering what they view as nonscientific psychology too far outside the bounds of the materialistic philosophical underpinnings of modern science

Ofc he was criticised those idiots only believe in our western scientific interpretation of things and nothing else
Yes, it can… and even if it hasn't yet - what evidence do you have?
Plenty, past life experiences through meditation hypnosis, plenty of ndes, psychedelic journeys
So why do you think they've been able to replicate that in centrifuges with astronauts?
Replicate what?

Did you know nde experiences and lsd experiences almost mirror each other?

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Ofc he was criticised those idiots only believe in our western scientific interpretation of things and nothing else

Plenty, past life experiences through meditation hypnosis, plenty of ndes, psychedelic journeys

Replicate what?

So LSD can be explained by biochemistry and neuroscience so if that can replicate near death experiences what the heck is your proof then?

So what is your metaphysical explanation of how a car works?

Yeah, and have you noticed that western science is what's globally excepted as the gold standard because there is no empirical evidence to support these claims? Also, near death experiences have been replicated in a centrifuge that astronauts undergo, and it's been demonstrated that a lot of it is linked to neuroscience.

1. Physiological Factors: During life-threatening situations, the brain undergoes various physiological changes. Decreased oxygen supply to the brain (hypoxia), increased levels of carbon dioxide (hypercapnia), and neurotransmitter imbalances can lead to altered states of consciousness, including hallucinations and dissociative experiences. These physiological changes can contribute to the vivid and unusual experiences reported during NDEs.
2. Neurochemical Changes: Some researchers propose that NDEs may be triggered by the release of endogenous chemicals in the brain, such as endorphins, dopamine, or glutamate, in response to stress or trauma. These neurotransmitters can affect perception, cognition, and emotions, leading to the subjective experiences reported during NDEs.
3. Temporal Lobe Activity: Studies have shown that temporal lobe epilepsy and stimulation of the temporal lobes can induce experiences similar to NDEs, including feelings of detachment from the body, tunnel vision, and encounters with spiritual beings. It's hypothesized that abnormal activity in the temporal lobes, which are involved in processing sensory information and memory, may contribute to NDEs.
4. Psychological Factors: Psychological mechanisms, such as cognitive processing of near-death events, coping strategies, cultural influences, and prior beliefs, can shape individuals' interpretations of their experiences during life-threatening situations. Psychological factors can influence the content and interpretation of NDEs, leading to variations in reported experiences across different cultures and belief systems.
5. Integration of Multisensory Inputs: Some researchers suggest that NDEs may result from the brain's attempt to integrate fragmented sensory inputs and memories during periods of physiological stress or trauma. The brain may construct coherent narratives or symbolic representations based on sensory fragments, memories, and cultural expectations, leading to the rich and often profound experiences reported during NDEs.

Replicate what?

Maybe western science is accepted because it actually has verifiable evidence to its claims and it's also produced a lot of medicine and technology

Replicate what?

Yeah, and I bring up your backgrounds not to be a dick, but I bring it up because you're saying I read this one person's literature and therefore western science is wrong and metaphysics, which has no verifiable empirical evidence is true. Not everything that Newton said was completely accurate, but he was still a genius. You're only quoting one person and the entire scientific community seems to be against this. And it's not some secret dogma or some elaborate plan. The scientific method requires evidence and repeatability. Empirical evidence.

Replicate what?

Have you ever heard the saying extraordinary claims is require extraordinary evidence?

Again, LSD can actually be explained by pathways in the brain and chemical receptors.

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
So LSD can be explained by biochemistry and neuroscience so if that can replicate near death experiences what the heck is your proof then?

So what is your metaphysical explanation of how a car works?
We don't know how the brain works which is why we don't know where consciousness comes from and can't prove that it comes from the brain. Visions aren't explained by biochemistry, it simply shows it's mechanism it doesn't say anything about the visions which is where prominent psychiatrists like grof and Jung come in to interpret the deeper meaning
Yeah, and have you noticed that western science is what's globally excepted as the gold standard because there is no empirical evidence to support these claims? Also, near death experiences have been replicated in a centrifuge that astronauts undergo, and it's been demonstrated that a lot of it is linked to neuroscience.
We have had eastern spirituality for many more years before western science. Along with other religions that talked about the life after death. Gold standard of evidence? For you maybe, not for people like grof or Jung or others with an open mind.
1. Physiological Factors: During life-threatening situations, the brain undergoes various physiological changes. Decreased oxygen supply to the brain (hypoxia), increased levels of carbon dioxide (hypercapnia), and neurotransmitter imbalances can lead to altered states of consciousness, including hallucinations and dissociative experiences. These physiological changes can contribute to the vivid and unusual experiences reported during NDEs.
2. Neurochemical Changes: Some researchers propose that NDEs may be triggered by the release of endogenous chemicals in the brain, such as endorphins, dopamine, or glutamate, in response to stress or trauma. These neurotransmitters can affect perception, cognition, and emotions, leading to the subjective experiences reported during NDEs.
3. Temporal Lobe Activity: Studies have shown that temporal lobe epilepsy and stimulation of the temporal lobes can induce experiences similar to NDEs, including feelings of detachment from the body, tunnel vision, and encounters with spiritual beings. It's hypothesized that abnormal activity in the temporal lobes, which are involved in processing sensory information and memory, may contribute to NDEs.
4. Psychological Factors: Psychological mechanisms, such as cognitive processing of near-death events, coping strategies, cultural influences, and prior beliefs, can shape individuals' interpretations of their experiences during life-threatening situations. Psychological factors can influence the content and interpretation of NDEs, leading to variations in reported experiences across different cultures and belief systems.
5. Integration of Multisensory Inputs: Some researchers suggest that NDEs may result from the brain's attempt to integrate fragmented sensory inputs and memories during periods of physiological stress or trauma. The brain may construct coherent narratives or symbolic representations based on sensory fragments, memories, and cultural expectations, leading to the rich and often profound experiences reported during NDEs.

Maybe western science is accepted because it actually has verifiable evidence to its claims and it's also produced a lot of medicine and technology
Congrats you have explained the mechanism behind it but none of it explains anything as to the nature of the experience. Meeting spiritual beings? So you admit that there is more to the life than what happens to the brain? If people really meet entities and communicate with them like they can on dmt why aren't those entities actually real? Sure you explained technically how the brain produces that but it doesn't in any way degrade your experience to simply being some process in your brain.

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
We don't know how the brain works which is why we don't know where consciousness comes from and can't prove that it comes from the brain. Visions aren't explained by biochemistry, it simply shows it's mechanism it doesn't say anything about the visions which is where prominent psychiatrists like grof and Jung come in to interpret the deeper meaning

We have had eastern spirituality for many more years before western science. Along with other religions that talked about the life after death. Gold standard of evidence? For you maybe, not for people like grof or Jung or others with an open mind.

Congrats you have explained the mechanism behind it but none of it explains anything as to the nature of the experience. Meeting spiritual beings? So you admit that there is more to the life than what happens to the brain? If people really meet entities and communicate with them like they can on dmt why aren't those entities actually real? Sure you explained technically how the brain produces that but it doesn't in any way degrade your experience to simply being some process in your brain.
So they actually have explanations for a lot of those things too, but you're clearly just being ignorant to a lot of the science and studies that I will link you to. Again you clearly don't have a grounding in biology or cognitive neuroscience and that's what irritates me is your dismissing all of these scientists when you actually yourself are not an expert but you're dismissing the actual experts opinions. You literally just told me over p.m. that it's a pathway for hallucinations, but that hallucinations don't mean God's not real or spirituality is not real which is completely backwards.

So you're literally saying a god of the gaps argument that just because there's not a complete explanation, yet for some thing that means that something else with no evidence is true?

So a lot of jungian and psychology has actually been disproven and secondly, it actually has explained a lot of those things and third you're literally avoiding my questions you're not providing any actual evidence except for this isn't being fully explained yet and therefore I'm correct when in reality, you're not providing any evidence

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
So they actually have explanations for a lot of those things too, but you're clearly just being ignorant to a lot of the science and studies that I will link you to. Again you clearly don't have a grounding in biology or cognitive neuroscience and that's what irritates me is your dismissing all of these scientists when you actually yourself are not an expert but you're dismissing the actual experts opinions. You literally just told me over p.m. that it's a pathway for hallucinations, but that hallucinations don't mean God's not real or spirituality is not real which is completely backwards.

So you're literally saying a god of the gaps argument that just because there's not a complete explanation, yet for some thing that means that something else with no evidence is true?

So a lot of jungian and psychology has actually been disproven and secondly, it actually has explained a lot of those things and third you're literally avoiding my questions you're not providing any actual evidence except for this isn't being fully explained yet and therefore I'm correct when in reality, you're not providing any evidence
ask the shamans in peru about god, or i guess they will all be schizos lmao. No ,jung has stayed with us and will stay. Did you know people on lsd see same visions he talks about in his books?

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
ask the shamans in peru about god, or i guess they will all be schizos lmao. No ,jung has stayed with us and will stay. Did you know people on lsd see same visions he talks about in his books?
Those are literally people tripping on drugs that we have explained, biochemically and neurologically what's happening those are literally people taking DMT, which is a drug
Actually, a lot of of his theories along with Sigmund Freud have been disproven, but you clearly are not up-to-date on that
So that would just mean that it's human archetypes, which are basically ubiquitous, sapient, fascinations or racial memories in grained in the race

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Those are literally people tripping on drugs that we have explained, biochemically and neurologically what's happening those are literally people taking DMT, which is a drug
Strange, why havent any western scientist come there to tell them they are just druggies. Did you know an actual MD from france opened a clinic in takiwasi where they treat drug addicts with ayahuasca and provide spiritual guidance? Do you know how ayahuasca heals?

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah, because psychedelics actually have a lot of potential therapeutic benefits, but that doesn't mean that you're talking to God
Strange, why havent any western scientist come there to tell them they are just druggies. Did you know an actual MD from france opened a clinic in takiwasi where they treat drug addicts with ayahuasca and provide spiritual guidance? Do you know how ayahuasca heals?
Again when you say the word spiritual, that is so nebulous and can have many different connotations and interpretations so I don't really see what your point is…
And again, you're literally just pointing out one single person, but I absolutely agree that they have therapeutic benefit, but not spiritual powers of talking to the gods in heaven
If these are actually spiritual beings, then why is it that these drugs can be explained on chemical pathways that I have already explained about prior?

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Like what? How does religion satisfy these needs? Love? Self-actualisation?
The only hope that religion provides is through lies and mythology.
The one benefit I think that it can have is religious gathering as can act as a faced for community. So people may not need God, but they may need church to speak.
There are a lot of substitutes for religion that slot into that place: art, community, philosophy, etc.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The one benefit I think that it can have is religious gathering as can act as a faced for community. So people may not need God, but they may need church to speak.
There are a lot of substitutes for religion that slot into that place: art, community, philosophy, etc.
I edited my comment to "love and belonging" lol. I think it probably satisfies that part of Maslow's pyramid

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
you cant just take all religions there are and say there are all lies. Its a view of western supremacy to just call all those civilizations inferior or stupid for believing in something which you so deeply reject. Sure, some religions were based on fear but some were not and some have more legitimacy than others

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
you cant just take all religions there are and say there are all lies. Its a view of western supremacy to just call all those civilizations inferior or stupid for believing in something which you so deeply reject. Sure, some religions were based on fear but some were not and some have more legitimacy than others
I think that Christianity is a lie and that it's based on fear, but Buddhism seems to have more legitimacy

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
No, I'm saying that God doesn't exist because you're not providing any verifiable evidence of God's existence, not even one single shred. In fact, there's actually plenty of evidence against the Christian gods existence, such as evolution, Aleutian, the scientific and accuracy of the Bible, the historical and accuracy of the Bible, the contradictory nature of the Bible, who created the creator, conundrum, the omnipotence, omniscience paradoxes, and a bunch of others.
I think that Christianity is a lie and it's based on fear, but Buddhism seems to have more legitimacy
Aspects of Buddhist philosophy may have legitimacy and powerful experiences that are ineffable can be experienced through deep meditation, but ascribing, spiritual powers, or ethereal prowess to it is illogical
So which one of the religions is true then?

• Informative
M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
Should I stay alive for the future? I'm interested in how AI will impact society and the world
Oh definitely especially for health if you can tough it out in 5-10 years is going to be big changes in longevity as well humans will live to be way way longer medically there's going to be crazy advancements even like having a robot wife is going to be a thing pretty soon you have some smoking hot robot wife or husband whatever. Here's a example of where robots are today. And a.i is increasing at a rate of ten times per 6 months, so once quantum computers come out it will get insanely cool.

• Informative