• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I could buy a new tool but I am worried about getting weird stares at the store and those around me

my paper knife and a few stray blades that I have aren't rusty but they haven't been used in quite some time so I'd just thought it would be safe to sterilize them just in case for future urges

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Online shopping.
I thought about that as an option but I don't think I am willing to wait that long

and I think just heading to the store would be faster and cheaper if I got the courage

but also a pro when it comes to online shopping is that I can buy tools in bulk and just dispose of them after each time rather than having to worry about sterilization

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
I could buy a new tool but I am worried about getting weird stares at the store and those around me

my paper knife and a few stray blades that I have aren't rusty but they haven't been used in quite some time so I'd just thought it would be safe to sterilize them just in case for future urges
I wash mine with soap and water, dry them immediately with a clean towel then I use isopropyl alcohol pads to wipe the blades down. That usually gets rid of germs and dust. If I'm feeling lazy I skip the two steps and only use the alcohol pads.

As a sidenote don't be afraid to buy new blades at the store. If you're going to cut yourself regardless it's best to go with a shaper tool for better control. Nobody will know the reason you're buying them. They wouldn't have any reason to stare.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I wash mine with soap and water, dry them immediately with a clean towel then I use isopropyl alcohol pads to wipe the blades down. That usually gets rid of germs and dust. If I'm feeling lazy I skip the two steps and only use the alcohol pads.

As a sidenote don't be afraid to buy new blades at the store. If you're going to cut yourself regardless it's best to go with a shaper tool for better control. Nobody will know the reason you're buying them. They wouldn't have any reason to stare.
thank you for the information

I always worried that maybe using water and soap would be bad or various other liquids (alcohol and hydrogen peroxide) due to rust but this sounds like it would be fine as long as they are dried properly/completely

do you have to burn them as well or is that optional or a personal preference ?

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
thank you for the information

I always worried that maybe using water and soap would be bad or various other liquids (alcohol and hydrogen peroxide) due to rust but this sounds like it would be fine as long as they are dried properly/completely

do you have to burn them as well or is that optional or a personal preference ?
Yeah. Don't worry about getting them wet. As long as you dry them off well you'll be fine. I've never had any of my tools get rusty.

I'm not sure what you mean by "burn them". If you're talking about exposing blades to heat, that's never something I've done before.

Reactions: psp3000