• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

hailtothevic

Oct 28, 2020
Okay, so I have a ballpark date for when I'll ctb, nothing concrete, though. I was wondering if anybody knows how you stop SI/ panic response? That's really the only thing keeping me here, that and too many distractions/ intertuptions

Reactions: justsad&done
H

hailtothevic

Oct 28, 2020
Willpower. Contrary to the prevailing stupid opinion, suicide is not for sissies.
Yeah but like, how? Do I meditate first? Get high/ drunk? Take a pill (which I can't afford anyway)? Cause you add severe anxiety to a strong SI and... well

Reactions: stygal
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I believe once you're absolutely ready you'll be able to overcome it. That's what I am hoping for for me.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Yeah but like, how? Do I meditate first? Get high/ drunk? Take a pill (which I can't afford anyway)? Cause you add severe anxiety to a strong SI and... well
Those things can work, but it's ultimately a choice you make when the suffering of life gets to be too much. The flames of life will push you to seek death if the flames are hot enough.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Not sure i try self harm and mock hangings

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
VtubersAreMyLife

VtubersAreMyLife

Nov 26, 2020
Sadly its pretty much mental. Even when I practice hanging (only method I have right now) and I know I wont actually do it yet, my SI kicks in and it makes sure I don't commit to the deed, as if my body and mind doesn't want to die, even if I really want to do it. It kind of sucks that SI makes you feel like a coward sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I think that when we're truly ready to die, SI won't paralyze us from taking action. Some people get upset when I say that, but I believe it's true. When the pain of living far surpasses the joy, then SI alone won't be enough to stop you.

B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Those things can work, but it's ultimately a choice you make when the suffering of life gets to be too much. The flames of life will push you to seek death if the flames are hot enough.

You are so right, if the flames of life are hot enough........

yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Okay, so I have a ballpark date for when I'll ctb, nothing concrete, though. I was wondering if anybody knows how you stop SI/ panic response? That's really the only thing keeping me here, that and too many distractions/ intertuptions

Drugs, lots of them

H

hope2di

Jan 10, 2021
i work on it as a project. Got the rope, learnt to tie the knot, researched how to best fall...somehow it feels good to have all those small steps successfully planned. But i will take a bunch of pills when i do it to calm my nerves, so the many rehearsals will hopefully help to go on auto-pilot

• Hugs
Reactions: Bigpink
H

hope2di

Jan 10, 2021
I think that when we're truly ready to die, SI won't paralyze us from taking action. Some people get upset when I say that, but I believe it's true. When the pain of living far surpasses the joy, then SI alone won't be enough to stop you.
not always... sometimes i hurt myself just to make the pain of living more manageable.. but then SI... my body is programmed to live and fight for life no matter how shitty that life is

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
not always... sometimes i hurt myself just to make the pain of living more manageable.. but then SI... my body is programmed to live and fight for life no matter how shitty that life is

I agree that we're programmed to survive and fight, but that doesn't change the fact that almost a million people commit suicide every year. I don't say this to shame anyone for not being able to ctb (hell, I've been a member here almost a year now!), I just feel like suicide isn't really as complicated as we make it out to be on here.

I feel like the concept of survival instinct and its role in ctb is massively over-emphasized on here. The people who are dead-set on ctb do it; the numbers don't lie.

A lot of these ctbs are likely impulsive acts, but even so, they manage to override their instincts and go through with it. I personally believe most of us on SS are either in limbo, too scared, or still uncertain on some level, all of which are 100% normal reactions to an irreversible decision like death. I don't think it's survival instinct itself that hinders us. But, that's just my very unpopular opinion on the matter.

Last edited: