• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

throwaway1111

Oct 9, 2019
I have a bad education, all due to me being lazy and having no ambition to achieve anything in life. Now, I've come to the realisation that I am deeply stuck. I do not have a job, nor a place to sleep. I can not get a job because i do not have a home and vice versa. Even if i go to government funded places where i can get a roof over my head, i will never amount to anything. Jobs that i would be qualified to work for would be things like cleaning. Not really much more. Whats logical besides killing myself? I dont see much of a point nowadays because i dont see a future i could enjoy.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I am so sorry to hear you don't have a home, my heart breaks for you, even if I don't know you, or can give you any useful advice.

But, please, allow me to share my experience and thoughts with you: once upon a time, I found myself struggling; I had taken time off from my studies, was broke and had no prospects. Guess what? I took a cleaning job, something which I never thought I would. It turned out to be fine, it gave me something to do every day and at the end of the month I had a pay check, although it wasn't much.

I am strong believer in the value of work, that is why I reacted to this sentence in your post
"Jobs that i would be qualified to work for would be things like cleaning."

Of course I understand there's no glory in cleaning, but I'll tell you something else, @throwaway1111 :when you do a cleaning job well, you actually do something constructive and valuable, unlike many people out there who sit behind a desk and move excel files from other server to another.

Hang in there, as best as possible! Thank you for sharing your story.

T

throwaway1111

Oct 9, 2019
yes, i agree, it would be ok for a year or maybe even two but i would like to do something someday that would make me happy too. Something where i can learn. I do not want to clean until im 40. the money you get from cleaning is so small it barely is enough to survive. And i cannot get any other jobs due to my bad education, so there really isnt anything else. So thats my problem. I want to be not poor someday but i know i will never get there. It makes me want to kill my self.
And not only that makes me want to kill myself. Also the fact that people always told me id never amount to anything, and that i would just be doing shitty jobs all my life because im stupid. And my existence now just proves them right. I cannot even imagine meeting my peers from few years ago. They knew id be doing some shit but this is a low they couldnt have imagined. They used to laugh about me i dont want to know what theyd say if they knew me now. Humiliation

Last edited:
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I second @Epsilon0 , cleaning is hard , but can be very therapeutic . And it is an essential service .

"told me id never amount to anything", "They used to laugh about me" - nasty ! Sounds more like shitty people than a shitty job

Understand frustration . Job market is tough . Prospects not bright even for those who fare well . Year is long , live day by day . I always started low and gradually found better jobs , if I persisted (easier said than done) . This does not answer your distress , and I'm aware situation is much more complex and tough , but at least there are perhaps possibilities for a better future . It's really hard getting hit from all direction like that ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei and Epsilon0