I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
Welcome, glad you joined. No idea about the method you describe though if i'm honest!

Thank you for the welcome!

The tourniquet method is outlined in Five Last Acts. I think it's available in the resource section or as a free read online.

It mentions that older individuals in nursing homes have been able to pull it off with just a ligature and something strong like a spoon or in one case a walking cane to twist it around tight around the carotid arteries.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
S

slj25

Aug 15, 2020
Hi all. I've been trying to read a lot on this thread but 86 pages is quite tough to get through lol. I just had a few questions that may or may not have been answered here. I've been practicing with a necktie That's 1.5 metres long on a hook that's roughly 6 feet off the ground. I tried using a slip knot but a couple times I've tried with it the knot loosens so I used like a variant of a slip knot that hasn't loosened. Anyways I've been wondering where to position the noose and how I should be located. I've placed the noose well above, slightly above, well below, and slightly below my Adam's apple with varying degrees of success. I usually kneel and push downwards with my neck, and I feel light headed, my face goes red/purplish, my eyes go bloodshot and my mouth feels really weird but I never pass out. I've read that I could be compressing but the jugular rather than carotid but I'm really confused. Should I try a different stance instead, like bending my knees or something. Perhaps I should use a rope instead, but I'm not sure how long it should be, or how thick. There's a fire sprinkler On the roof in my room (at a dorm) that I have managed to tie the necktie to and practice from there, but I'm worried that since I'll be fully standing my necktie could break or that I could pull down the sprinkler and then that would be really bad lol. if someone could help me out that would be great.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Deleted member 4993 and SilverBlueSea
S

SilverBlueSea

May 26, 2020
I didn't know Robin Williams managed it that simply. You can really do it with a belt for your trousers?
Before you do it, watch this video:

When we were kids at school we did this passing out trick for a few days but how we did it was take a lot of deep breaths then a larger kid would grab us round the chest really tightly like a bearhug and we'd pass out with our bodies doing that crazy dance. Looks like they're not needing the bearhug.

Last edited:
G

Gladtogo

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for the welcome!

The tourniquet method is outlined in Five Last Acts. I think it's available in the resource section or as a free read online.

It mentions that older individuals in nursing homes have been able to pull it off with just a ligature and something strong like a spoon or in one case a walking cane to twist it around tight around the carotid arteries.

Sounds a bit like the night night method maybe? there's some resource on that.

Hi all. I've been trying to read a lot on this thread but 86 pages is quite tough to get through lol. I just had a few questions that may or may not have been answered here. I've been practicing with a necktie That's 1.5 metres long on a hook that's roughly 6 feet off the ground. I tried using a slip knot but a couple times I've tried with it the knot loosens so I used like a variant of a slip knot that hasn't loosened. Anyways I've been wondering where to position the noose and how I should be located. I've placed the noose well above, slightly above, well below, and slightly below my Adam's apple with varying degrees of success. I usually kneel and push downwards with my neck, and I feel light headed, my face goes red/purplish, my eyes go bloodshot and my mouth feels really weird but I never pass out. I've read that I could be compressing but the jugular rather than carotid but I'm really confused. Should I try a different stance instead, like bending my knees or something. Perhaps I should use a rope instead, but I'm not sure how long it should be, or how thick. There's a fire sprinkler On the roof in my room (at a dorm) that I have managed to tie the necktie to and practice from there, but I'm worried that since I'll be fully standing my necktie could break or that I could pull down the sprinkler and then that would be really bad lol. if someone could help me out that would be great.

i think there's no easy answer and its just about experimenting. some people have deep carotid artieries, for some I think only full suspension will work effectively. but from what you've said you are 100% cutting off the jugular so the blood is building in the head causing the symtoms you describe. what you're trying to do is stop the flow to the head.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
This shows partial hanging and what goes wrong when people experiment to see what it's like:

• Love
Reactions: Stress, TimeToBiteTheDust, OnlyTheWind and 3 others
artroom1931

artroom1931

大好きだ
Jul 27, 2020
Hey! Sorry if this has already been answered, I've skimmed this thread but haven't found an answer for this question yet (^-^) anyone who has tried full suspension and failed for whatever reason, did you scream at all during it? I plan to go via full suspension and I have a ligature I'm positive won't break, but I'm really worried that I may scream when SI kicks in and accidentally alert my neighbours. I've heard people who have failed partial have woken up screaming, so I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone who's tried full!

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
anyone who has tried full suspension and failed for whatever reason, did you scream at all during it?
I can't speak for all cases, but I tried and failed, and I passed out pretty quickly. I am pretty sure there was no screaming. I'm not sure it is even possible to really scream when you have a rope tightening around your throat. However, if your body falls on the floor because the rope breaks (or the support can't hold you, or any other reason), it might make a pretty loud thud, which might alert someone if you live in an apartment. Not everyone would pay attention to that, though, and if you're live in a house it is unlikely anyone would hear anything that goes on inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, TimeToBiteTheDust, artroom1931 and 1 other person
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
this is probably how I'll ctb

I don't want my parents or family to find my body though so I'm thinking I'll take some sailing rope to a nearby park late at night and do it there

I've tried pressing on my arteries a few times in the last couple of days and I get dizzy and faint in seconds

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and TimeToBiteTheDust
Tasdevil

Tasdevil

Student
Jan 20, 2020
Seriously considering hanging as my method. I need to do the research and get the materials before I can begin to plan when and where. I have SN but I don't know if I could handle the taste and I had troubles getting the Meto and antacids. Easier to get rope just don't know if I try partial first or just go straight to suspension hanging as long as I pass out quickly when I do it. If I do it at home or elsewhere is another thing I need to think about regardless I would do it at night to reduce the risk of being found to soon. reason I mention suspension is because It's harder to back out. It's all just stuff I need to research and plan it. Don't want to do it without planning first.

Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
A

afaylea

Jun 26, 2020
Hiya, sorry if this has already been answered:

What thickness is the best for hanging?

I am trying to make my own noose,

Thanks for any reply:)

Last edited:
idontevenknowanymore

idontevenknowanymore

May 2, 2020
I always come back to this thread and read site after site, over and over again. I'm fascinated by this method, no idea why

Reactions: Meditation guide and wanttodie
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Since the author of the thread seems long gone, can I ask some of you that have attempted and failed...

There seems to be no consensus as to where to place the noose... above or below the Adam's apple?
Is there a difference between full and partial suspension for the above (placement of the noose)?
I thought, after much research, that the noose should go above the throat, just below the jaw... however, lately I came upon multiple posts stating that it is less painful if placed below the Adam's apple.

And also, if placed below the throat, while trying full suspension, wouldn't the rope slide upwards anyways?
Does placing it - below - apply only for partial?

The information available is a little contradictory and confusing.

Thankful in advance for potential answers.

I tried and failed, and I passed out pretty quickly.

Just curious, how did you fail full suspension? Has the rope snapped?

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I always come back to this thread and read site after site, over and over again. I'm fascinated by this method, no idea why
me to I'm fascinated by this method, no idea why

• Love
Reactions: idontevenknowanymore and TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
me to I'm fascinated by this method, no idea why
Mine too. And it's the most classical ctb method. I think if anyone suddenly thinks about ctb they will think about hanging or headshot.

Reactions: taylor321, idontevenknowanymore and GrumpyFrog
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It seems that everyone's neck is different. Some people are easily able to cut off their carotid arteries where it took me a while. And some people prefer the rope higher on the neck while others prefer it lower. I've tried placing it lower on my neck and I can't breathe and it makes me want to cough

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
I'd like to see hanging diagram (picture with explaination), does anyone here has it?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
There's a diagram on the first page of this thread

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Just curious, how did you fail full suspension? Has the rope snapped?
Yep, you guessed right. I didn't specifically buy good rope, I just used whatever I had in the house because I was stupid and impulsive.
I think if anyone suddenly thinks about ctb they will think about hanging or headshot.
I can't speak for everyone, but that was a case for me, and I noticed that when CTB comes up in a normal conversation, people often start talking about it as hanging or shooting sort of by default. I wonder if these methods are as common because so many people think about them by default, or most people think of these methods by default because they are the most common ones...

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and TimeToBiteTheDust
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I can't speak for everyone, but that was a case for me, and I noticed that when CTB comes up in a normal conversation, people often start talking about it as hanging or shooting sort of by default. I wonder if these methods are as common because so many people think about them by default, or most people think of these methods by default because they are the most common ones...

I would chalk it up to those methods being commonly depicted in media.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Homecoming
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I would chalk it up to those methods being commonly depicted in media.
Yeah they are probably more visually exciting in films and on tv than someone taking SN. Not eye candy enough for the gawpers.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
E

elyayamama

Apr 17, 2020
I feel the pulse when I squeeze to test if I have the right spot. the pulse is very strong. but nothing happens. I don't pass out. what am I doing wrong?

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
This shows partial hanging and what goes wrong when people experiment to see what it's like:

I watch this video like 4 or 5 times a day. Part of my daily routine.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind and siickmann3
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
There seems to be no consensus as to where to place the noose... above or below the Adam's apple?
Is there a difference between full and partial suspension for the above (placement of the noose)?
I thought, after much research, that the noose should go above the throat, just below the jaw... however, lately I came upon multiple posts stating that it is less painful if placed below the Adam's apple.

And also, if placed below the throat, while trying full suspension, wouldn't the rope slide upwards anyways?
Does placing it - below - apply only for partial?

I think it's a matter of both anatomy and method. Men obviously have a bigger Adam's Apple than women and probably a noose below the Apple would stay in place better than for a woman, perhaps. In full suspension I think it's likely the noose will slide to the top of the neck irregardless. Personally when practising partial I have felt for the pulse in my neck and placed the rope above it, so it's near my jaw anyway. During full I will place it high on my neck because I think it'll slip upwards otherwise.

I feel the pulse when I squeeze to test if I have the right spot. the pulse is very strong. but nothing happens. I don't pass out. what am I doing wrong?
Might just be your neck. Most people are unable pass out from that, from what I've read throughout this thread. I think it's the muscles nearby that get in the way.

Hi is 5mm is too thin?
My rope (paracord) is a similar width. I expect it will dig in and so I will pad my neck.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and siickmann3
E

elyayamama

Apr 17, 2020
sigh. of course that would happen to someone who's wanted to die for 3 decades. incompatible neck

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
sigh. of course that would happen to someone who's wanted to die for 3 decades. incompatible neck
Lol. That's just for making yourself pass out from pressing. Hanging yourself would constrict your neck, like everyone else's ...

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and elyayamama
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Anybody considering partial also a believer in the turnoquet method that can be done with a wooden spoon laying in bed basically?
Yes
For me, if I fail with SN, it's Backup Plan B.

I will wear the noose around my neck with the ctb with SN, the wooden stick lying next to me.

I will only use the tourniquet if I am unable to drink any more SN. The tourniquet is too peaceful for me, too fast.

I tested it 3 days ago and only survived with luck (bad luck?).
Was too slow to loosen it again and I hit the floor lengthways. As I said, it works way too fast

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 4993 and CarbonMonoxide
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I tested it 3 days ago and only survived with luck (bad luck?).
Was too slow to loosen it again and I hit the floor lengthways.
Hi there. I'm curious, how did you tie the tourniquet? Did you use the two bags and a noose or just the noose and the wooden stick?