HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Clove hitch bears less weight than the figure eight pass through, but should work.

Agree, it's incredibly frustrating. I originally couldn't get hanging dialed in and was looking at other methods. It was only after getting lucky once then practicing again and again until that was repeatable that I feel comfortable with it as a method.

I do think it's cruel and inhumane that that we aren't allowed a pain free, sure manner of death should we choose that route. Seems like it should be an accepted route to me given how rough everything is.

Thanks! I'm 5'5 and 145 lbs but I will do figure 8 to be on the safe side!

Reactions: Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Just wanted to post a quick account of hanging practice as it may be encouraging to some.

I decided to practice since I've been on this forum a lot recently and seen people struggling to get the hang right. I always get worried, like "what if I can't do it now and have to find another method?" I've also been feeling particularly suicidal and am a few drinks in so I thought I'd practice a little.

I'm using a Walmart utility rope rated for 200+ lb and a closet door resistance band holder thing. Carabeaners on the rope at both ends with figure eight pass through knots. As far as height of noose, I'm about halfway between standing and sitting, so maybe 135 degrees on the leg angle.

First attempt was high on the neck and slow ease into the noose with no neck padding–it was painful and I got the exploding head feeling. No thanks, and probably not a fatality.

Second attempt was with the noose at the base of neck and sitting fast and hard with a washcloth between the neck and the rope. Woo! I felt faint with swirly vision and weird body sensations in around ten seconds. No unpleasant head sensations or pressure like the first time. That one would've been a fatality had I not pulled out.

Third time, conditions were the same as the second trial but I must've done something slightly differently because effects were almost immediate. Vision was dark and swirly around the edges almost immediately, and this was accompanied by those same (tbh pleasant) bodily sensations, and strangest thing was I heard a ratcheting kind of mechanical noise shortly there after–it was like if a video game was scratched or plugged in wrong and you had the volume on. That sound was in my ears and I had to stand up almost immediately. Very much a fatality had i not stood up on this trial.

My point in sharing is just to convey that you might not get it right immediately and may need to manipulate some of the variables each time to get where you need to go. Second main point is to try to describe some of the sensations so you know it's working. Also, I stepped away for five to ten minutes in between attempts. It's a very uneducated guess, but I feel like that's a good practice.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, loopdaloop, Xenomorph and 11 others
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
How do I know that I am doing partial suspension right? All I get is an intense discomfort in my head but I can still breathe normally. How should it feel when the artery is successfully compressed?
It would feel like eveything is going dark, and then all things being equal, you die.
Hi Lady black,

I am going to try full suspension too this weekend. I want to use my scarf, I already made a slipknot. Where will the knot be located, in the back of your neck or even a little higher than that? I also read somewhere you can place the knot either on your right or left side when you want to use full suspension.

I have a few more things I'd like to know since you passed out quickly (I wonder how you woke up again and that you could tell this story to everyone on this forum).

1) Where to place the knot?
2) How big or small the noose be?
3) Should it be really tight around your neck before you make the drop? Because the rope/scarf should be really tight to cut off those arteries and I think if you already make it very tight and once you drop yourself down, the weight will do the rest, I suppose? Or am I wrong?
4) Did you make a short or a long drop?
5) How long did it take for your to lose your consciousness? Less than 15 seconds?
6) I also have a rope, but to be honest, it gives much friction in my throat and around it (I did use a small towel before, it makes a little better although the rope won't be tight much around your neck. What is your advice? Rope or scarf?
7) If you look at the 3 photos that are attached to this message: Do you think full suspension is doable? I mean once I hang there, I can't touch the steps of the stairs of course. I want to tie my scarf to the upper white bar (not the lower one). I know the drop will be short, so I wonder if it would be possible to do this? I have tried partial before. I don't like it and doesn't work for me.

8) For those of you who see these photos might remember I have posted them about a year ago. Right now I finally have the house for myself to ctb without having other people around me. At least until Thursday. For those of you, who see these photos, do you think I should tie the scarf to another scarf which will then be tied to the white bar, otherwise the drop will be too short, however if it is too long, I might be decapitated and I don't want that to happen either. I just want to cut off the arteries in order to lose my conscioussnes fast and to die 15-20 minutes later (hart will stop beating).

I know I may have a lot of things to ask, but it is my last chance to get into paradise. I don't feel happy in this world. Personally, I think I should be capable of doing this, since people younger than me are able to succeed. So why can't I? I have tried partial before and I couldn't pass out.

I'd appreciate your answer Lady black (Of course others are welcome to give advice as well)

Cheers!
"I know I may have a lot of things to ask, but it is my last chance to get into paradise. "

Just remember, there is no evidence that when you kill yourself anything else happens except you no longer exist: no paradise, no nothing. You just simply do not exist anymore. You don't die, and meet all of us after we ctb and have a cold one, feel joy for eternity, or anything else. You just die. Suicide is final.

Last edited:
Reactions: MildenWarden and DoneWithThis
D

desertdreamer

Jan 22, 2019
Hey. I just tried to private message you but can't seem to. I have been in exactly the same position recently, just wanted you to know it's not just you having problems, it's nothing you're doing wrong I don't think

Same. I don't understand how many people (some so young) are successful with this technique each day. At this point, I am committed to using the charcoal method. Hanging is much more complicated than I understood.
Just wanted to post a quick account of hanging practice as it may be encouraging to some.

I decided to practice since I've been on this forum a lot recently and seen people struggling to get the hang right. I always get worried, like "what if I can't do it now and have to find another method?" I've also been feeling particularly suicidal and am a few drinks in so I thought I'd practice a little.

I'm using a Walmart utility rope rated for 200+ lb and a closet door resistance band holder thing. Carabeaners on the rope at both ends with figure eight pass through knots. As far as height of noose, I'm about halfway between standing and sitting, so maybe 135 degrees on the leg angle.

First attempt was high on the neck and slow ease into the noose with no neck padding–it was painful and I got the exploding head feeling. No thanks, and probably not a fatality.

Second attempt was with the noose at the base of neck and sitting fast and hard with a washcloth between the neck and the rope. Woo! I felt faint with swirly vision and weird body sensations in around ten seconds. No unpleasant head sensations or pressure like the first time. That one would've been a fatality had I not pulled out.

Third time, conditions were the same as the second trial but I must've done something slightly differently because effects were almost immediate. Vision was dark and swirly around the edges almost immediately, and this was accompanied by those same (tbh pleasant) bodily sensations, and strangest thing was I heard a ratcheting kind of mechanical noise shortly there after–it was like if a video game was scratched or plugged in wrong and you had the volume on. That sound was in my ears and I had to stand up almost immediately. Very much a fatality had i not stood up on this trial.

My point in sharing is just to convey that you might not get it right immediately and may need to manipulate some of the variables each time to get where you need to go. Second main point is to try to describe some of the sensations so you know it's working. Also, I stepped away for five to ten minutes in between attempts. It's a very uneducated guess, but I feel like that's a good practice.

Thank you for your help. It strikes me as really silly that this is so complicated. With 7.5 billion people on the planet, it seems like a civilized society would allow and even help those who are done being here to leave. No messes left behind for family/friends to find. No surprises. We are all going to die anyway, so what is the big deal? We are never discussing life and death, we are only discussing the date.

Thank you for your help. It strikes me as really silly that this is so complicated. With 7.5 billion people on the planet, it seems like a civilized society would allow and even help those who are done being here to leave. No messes left behind for family/friends to find. No surprises. We are all going to die anyway, so what is the big deal? We are never discussing life and death, we are only discussing the date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Lifeisatrap
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019

When you are in the partial position, if you put your feet flat on the ground, would your knees be bent 90 degrees, like if you were sitting in a chair?

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
When you are in the partial position, if you put your feet flat on the ground, would your knees be bent 90 degrees, like if you were sitting in a chair?
I was higher up that than that, about 135 degrees with feet flat on the floor rather than 90 degrees. I also try to shoot my legs out in front of me rather than leaving em flat just because it feels more committed/would be harder to recover if I were actually going through with it. One of these days...

Reactions: IDontWantItAnymore2 and Deivis
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
I was higher up that than that, about 135 degrees with feet flat on the floor rather than 90 degrees. I also try to shoot my legs out in front of me rather than leaving em flat just because it feels more committed/would be harder to recover if I were actually going through with it. One of these days...

I was expecting some fancy tricks description or some hi-tech livehack from your story, but actually your approach looks pretty standard. Good that it works for you though! Do your carotids naturally bulge out in resting mode or after some cardio? I think that's the reason of your success.

deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
tried padding the slipknot with a dirty towel, then tried folding it. it was less uncomfortable but it didn't work. couldn't get the numb feeling even once.

i miss just tying nooses night after night, that was easier. i could pretend i was doing something useful.

I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
How far away from the ground is your butt? I'm doing the same position myself, and yeah, more upright is more comfortable, but maybe less efficient, since legs closer tothe ground wouldmake it harder to push up and relive pressure when the body starts to thrash? For sure though, I have practiced a lot with this and that seems the best way for me too. Last nght I practiced that method, and I could ahve passed out. I never could get the noose so it was painless on my neck, but it was tolerable. I tried the knot under left side of jaw, back of neck, and just off the the side of the neck to the left a little.
tried padding the slipknot with a dirty towel, then tried folding it. it was less uncomfortable but it didn't work. couldn't get the numb feeling even once.

i miss just tying nooses night after night, that was easier. i could pretend i was doing something useful.
Yeah, it sucks not having any purpose in life, and the only purpose possible is working some mentally crippling job, just so you can get up and be totally hopeless and sad again. Fuck that shit. Not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and HGL91
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I was expecting some fancy tricks description or some hi-tech livehack from your story, but actually your approach looks pretty standard. Good that it works for you though! Do your carotids naturally bulge out in resting mode or after some cardio? I think that's the reason of your success.
You can't visibly see my neck veins but they're easy to find with my fingers–I can even make myself feel kind of faint just using my fingers if I focus. Veins are somewhat more visible than average through my arms too but some of that may just be skin color and properties. I probably tried hanging 5-10 toes before I got the right feeling... are you sitting into the rope fast or easing in slowly?

How far away from the ground is your butt? I'm doing the same position myself, and yeah, more upright is more comfortable, but maybe less efficient, since legs closer tothe ground wouldmake it harder to push up and relive pressure when the body starts to thrash? For sure though, I have practiced a lot with this and that seems the best way for me too. Last nght I practiced that method, and I could ahve passed out. I never could get the noose so it was painless on my neck, but it was tolerable. I tried the knot under left side of jaw, back of neck, and just off the the side of the neck to the left a little.

Yeah, it sucks not having any purpose in life, and the only purpose possible is working some mentally crippling job, just so you can get up and be totally hopeless and sad again. Fuck that shit. Not worth it.
Hmm I'm 5'8ish and I'd guess that my butt is a foot lower than it'd be when I was standing (about a one foot drop that I'm doing). Hard to say how far my butt is from the ground

I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
You can't visibly see my neck veins but they're easy to find with my fingers–I can even make myself feel kind of faint just using my fingers if I focus. Veins are somewhat more visible than average through my arms too but some of that may just be skin color and properties. I probably tried hanging 5-10 toes before I got the right feeling... are you sitting into the rope fast or easing in slowly?

Hmm I'm 5'8ish and I'd guess that my butt is a foot lower than it'd be when I was standing (about a one foot drop that I'm doing). Hard to say how far my butt is from the ground
Ah ok about one foot drop. I think I am about 2 feet above ground at the butt level. I'm 6'3". I just don't want to give my body the chance to flex my legs and have me stand up enough to relive pressure. One reason for the pain probably is because I am over 200lbs and 6'3" so a fairly large male. I can find my artry and make myself pass out too with fingers. My neck just starts to really hurt on the left and right sides from the jaw down towards my clavicles. It's like if you just took yuor fingers and started to squeeze really hard on the side of your neck where the muscles are, you know, it hurts. That kicks in my SI. However, after last night, I think the pain is well witin the tolerable level, as long as I know I'm passing out in like 4-10 seconds, which it did feel like last night. As I squat down, I'm not even putting nearly my whole weight on my neck either. After I pass out, my body will go limp and the rest of the weight will be applied, which is good. Hopefully this is one thing I can succeed at without fucking it up.

Like others have said, a mentally retarded meth head living on the street can hang himself on the first try without reading anything or even thinking about it, but for us, ohhhhhh noooooo. Not just "no" but NO FUCK NO! It sure would be nice to go out completely painlessly, but again, fuck no. Life is gonna kick the fuck out of you right up until the last second you are aware.

Reactions: loopdaloop, DoneWithThis and deltahead
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I think you'll have more success putting full body weight on the rope and straightening legs rather than leaving them bent.

Reactions: ExitPlan
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
I think you'll have more success putting full body weight on the rope and straightening legs rather than leaving them bent.
That's my intent. The Swedish guy was really low to the ground, which looked like maybe his ass was about a foot from the ground? I think that is a little too low. A little higher up and the body seems to hang better?

V

Viol12

Jul 24, 2019
What kind of knot should I use for the support end of the rope?

Reactions: Vienrose
I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
What kind of knot should I use for the support end of the rope?
I bought a carabiner and just loop the rope around to the height I want, then fasten it with the carabiner. Of course you still have to tie off the carabiner.

Reactions: Vienrose and Partial-Elf
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Havent you had good results with the noose at the top of the neck? I thought you said that earlier, but I may be mistaken. Placing the noose at the base is appealing because it may lower the risk of breaking a part of the neck, which is of course a problem in case of survival. In your case, when you drop into the noose with your upper body, doesn't it slip to the top of the neck? I'm concerned that this may happen, perhaps even during unconsciousness, with the result of weaker artery occlusion. Don't you think this could be a risk?

Reactions: IDontWantItAnymore2 and Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Havent you had good results with the noose at the top of the neck? I thought you said that earlier, but I may be mistaken. Placing the noose at the base is appealing because it may lower the risk of breaking a part of the neck, which is of course a problem in case of survival. In your case, when you drop into the noose with your upper body, doesn't it slip to the top of the neck? I'm concerned that this may happen, perhaps even during unconsciousness, with the result of weaker artery occlusion. Don't you think this could be a risk?
Yep, top of the neck just below the jaw is what has worked best for me in the past. Tried bottom of the neck as a whim and was surprised how well it worked. Given the short drop involved (often a foot or less) I don't think there's much of a risk of breaking the neck regardless of noose placement. As for the danger of slippage when placed low on the neck, I see why that would be a concern but didn't feel any risk of that when I was practicing. I think I defaulted to high on the neck just cause it seemed the most obvious and I'd read it was successful on these forums, hadn't done too much experimentation in terms of placement on the neck.

Out of curiousity, have you run any trials? If so what was your method and what were the results? Thanks.
I bought a carabiner and just loop the rope around to the height I want, then fasten it with the carabiner. Of course you still have to tie off the carabiner.
Figure 8 pass through knot for both the end of the rope and to attach to the Carabeaner

Last edited:
Reactions: ron_g and IDontWantItAnymore2
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Could anyone share their experiences with knots? I'm using a slipknot for the noose and figure-8 follow through for the ligature point. The slipknot hasn't failed me yet, and I don't think the figure-8 follow through has either, but I made a mistake a couple times and the knots came loose when I put my weight on them. I'm really concerned about the knots coming undone while I've been suspend for 3+ minutes, so I want to make sure the knot for the ligature point is strong enough. I'm not sure if I should go with something like the boom hitch for the ligature point, or stick with the figure-8 follow through. Any precautions I should be aware of? Has anyone had any experiences with the knots coming undone?

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Could anyone share their experiences with knots? I'm using a slipknot for the noose and figure-8 follow through for the ligature point. The slipknot hasn't failed me yet, and I don't think the figure-8 follow through has either, but I made a mistake a couple times and the knots came loose when I put my weight on them. I'm really concerned about the knots coming undone while I've been suspend for 3+ minutes, so I want to make sure the knot for the ligature point is strong enough. I'm not sure if I should go with something like the boom hitch for the ligature point, or stick with the figure-8 follow through. Any precautions I should be aware of? Has anyone had any experiences with the knots coming undone?
Hmm which knots came loose? You say you made a mistake, but what kind of mistake did you make?

Reactions: justwannadie
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Hmm which knots came loose? You say you made a mistake, but what kind of mistake did you make?
I think I made a mistake once with the slipknot. It came undone when I put my weight on it. I had tied it wrong. The other few times, I think I made a mistake with the bowline (before I decided on the figure-8 knot) and then with the figure-8 knot. It took me a while to figure out how to tie the figure-8 knot the right way.

Do you have any idea which slipknot is the "right" one? This one? 1564102237723
Or this one, which I've used each time, and has never come loose (except for that time I made a mistake) I've been using the latter each time and I hope I have the "right" one. I tested it out using both tutorials and I'm still not sure which one is stronger. I just practiced with the figure-8 knot on my shower beam and I put all my weight on it to make sure it wouldn't come loose. It didn't, so I must've finally figured it out. It tightened so much I had to cut it off with a knife and throw the scarf away (I plan on using a rope when the actual day comes, not a scarf.) I've practiced with a slipknot over 50 times I think, put all my weight on it (sat on it, while holding onto the shower beam, which I wouldn't recommend because you could fall and hit your head) and it never came loose, so I must have the slipknot correct. I want to know that that's the best option though, and not the knot in the first picture. Those 50 times I practiced by putting all my weight on the noose, I hadn't really tied the ligature point knot in a particular way. I just looped it around a bunch of times to my own liking. It didn't come undone, so I'm unsure if I should just do that on the day I actually ctb, or that would be risky, and I should go with the figure-8.

Last edited:
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I think I made a mistake once with the slipknot. It came undone when I put my weight on it. I had tied it wrong. The other few times, I think I made a mistake with the bowline (before I decided on the figure-8 knot) and then with the figure-8 knot. It took me a while to figure out how to tie the figure-8 knot the right way.

Do you have any idea which slipknot is the "right" one? This one? View attachment 14016
Or this one, which I've used each time, and has never come loose (except for that time I made a mistake) I've been using the latter each time and I hope I have the "right" one. I know the 2nd one tightens the more pressure you apply, but I want to make sure I'm using the strongest option? I just practiced with the figure-8 knot on my shower beam and I put all my weight on it to make sure it wouldn't come loose. It didn't, so I must've finally figured it out. It tightened so much I had to cut it off with a knife and throw the scarf away (I plan on using a rope when the actual day comes, not a scarf.) I've practiced with a slipknot over 50 times I think, put all my weight on it (sat on it, while holding onto the shower beam, which I wouldn't recommend because you could fall and hit your head) and it never came loose, so I must have the slipknot correct. I want to know that that's the best option though, and not the knot in the first picture. Those 50 times I practiced by putting all my weight on the noose, I hadn't really tied the ligature point knot in a particular way. I just looped it around a bunch of times to my own liking. It didn't come undone, so I'm unsure if I should just do that on the day I actually ctb, or that would be risky, and I should go with the figure-8.

Coming disconnected from the anchor point is a common reason for failure in hanging, so I'd go with the figure 8. I tie the figure eight with both ends of the rope at the same time which is easier, try looking up a couple different ways to tie it. Ive used the second version of the slip knot when not using a Carabeaner as the fastening mechanism.

That must be some shower rod you have there... normally I wouldn't trust something like that as it's not really designed to hold much weight. If yours is industrial or has survived the tests it must be working though

Last edited:
Reactions: justwannadie
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Coming disconnected from the anchor point is a common reason for failure in hanging, so I'd go with the figure 8. I tie the figure eight with both ends of the rope at the same time which is easier, try looking up a couple different ways to tie it. Ive used the second version of the slip knot when not using a Carabeaner as the fastening mechanism.

That must be some shower rod you have there... normally I wouldn't trust something like that as it's not really designed to hold much weight
Yeah, I've practiced over 50 times and sat/swung on it with the noose for 5+ minutes to make sure it's strong enough. I hope that means it'll hold me for more than 10 minutes. It's metal. The other options are the stair banister, wooden beam in the basement, and a wooden closet beam, but the shower beam really seems to be the strongest, so I hope it's good enough. I can't risk failing this. I'm terrified of surviving and ending up in worse condition.

I guess a slipknot (the 2nd version, maybe) is what I'll use for the noose and a figure-8 follow through for the ligature point (my shower beam.) I plan on buying a rope soon. I hope I have everything planned out right.

I

IDontWantItAnymore2

Jul 20, 2019
It did on my neck. No way i can use that method.

• Aww..
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, I've practiced over 50 times and sat/swung on it with the noose for 5+ minutes to make sure it's strong enough. I hope that means it'll hold me for more than 10 minutes. It's metal. The other options are the stair banister, wooden beam in the basement, and a wooden closet beam, but the shower beam really seems to be the strongest, so I hope it's good enough. I can't risk failing this. I'm terrified of surviving and ending up in worse condition.

I guess a slipknot (the 2nd version, maybe) is what I'll use for the noose and a figure-8 follow through for the ligature point (my shower beam.) I plan on buying a rope soon. I hope I have everything planned out right.

That's a lot of times

deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
unexpected amount of success last night. i got to the numb, tingly sensation maybe 5 times and held on to the point where my head was spinning and i was kind of swaying around while recovering. i have no idea what i did except maybe put the noose slightly above my adam's apple and below my jaw, and angle my head slightly forwards instead of downwards? i've noticed that when it gets too overwhelming, i breathe through my mouth, which somehow just gives me that old exploding head sensation. dunno what the connection is. i do know that passing out is possibly dangerous as fuck because i could hit my head right on the side of my bed, or bring the whole wardrobe down on top of me which would hurt and make a lot of noise.

if i can get similar results tonight, i'll possibly have something worked out.

• Wow
Reactions: Vienrose, dv2020lowj, Kikoo Loool and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
unexpected amount of success last night. i got to the numb, tingly sensation maybe 5 times and held on to the point where my head was spinning and i was kind of swaying around while recovering. i have no idea what i did except maybe put the noose slightly above my adam's apple and below my jaw, and angle my head slightly forwards instead of downwards? i've noticed that when it gets too overwhelming, i breathe through my mouth, which somehow just gives me that old exploding head sensation. dunno what the connection is. i do know that passing out is possibly dangerous as fuck because i could hit my head right on the side of my bed, or bring the whole wardrobe down on top of me which would hurt and make a lot of noise.

if i can get similar results tonight, i'll possibly have something worked out.
Congrats, it's bizarre how fickle hanging can be. Seems like it should be so consistent given the relative simplicity and what a widely used method it is globally.

I think you're probably on to something with the relationship between breathing and head exploding feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltahead
komm susser todd

komm susser todd

Become the master of your own fate
Jul 21, 2019
Whats the best guide on making a slipknot for my rope? I see several on google but they seem rather flimsy and meant more for other needs then the obvious suicidal reasons

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Ivenocare
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Those of you who have gotten closest to unconsciousness while practicing, what is the diameter of your rope? I'm trying to decide between 10-20 mm. Thicker is more comfortable of course. I worry that the reason some people have the experience of not being able to pass out, and feel themselves drifting off within seconds during a later experiment, is down to the ligature width. I could be wrong. But I'm worried about experiencing the same thing. I've felt myself losing consciousness faster with a soft ligature like a scarf or bedsheet, but I don't want to take the risk of either breaking so I'm buying the rope. I just don't know what diameter to go with.

Reactions: dv2020lowj and Partial-Elf
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I have gone through most of experiences of people trying to hang through partial suspension.

I would like to add and ask something which made me curious when I read about it in the Geo Stone book : Suicide and Attempted Suicide (which I suggest everyone else here reads it too)

It mentioned that hanging will be a quick and painless method if you are able to manage to not add pressure to your trachea/windpipe, but just both of the jugular veins and cartoid arteries.
Compressing just one and not both might cause the infamous feeling of head exploding and some other feeling of pain

So I want to brainstorm how do we go about protecting the windpipe ?
The book mentioned something about making a padding over the trachea so as to prevent it from being pressured.

Anyone has any thoughts how we can go about creating some padding and how it would look like and would work ?

I will attach the image of the page from his book where he talks about this

Screenshot 2019 07 29 15 30 23 28

Last edited:
Reactions: dv2020lowj
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
tried ever since friday. i semi-consistently got the numb feeling. there were some failures but it's a lot better than it used to be. again, all i did was position the knot slightly above my adam's apple and then angle my head forwards while bending over to put some pressure on my neck. now the only problem is figuring out how long i can stay in that state. the SI kicks in pretty hard, there's a horrible need to stand up or swallow. i also tried sitting down while doing the same thing. i got maybe a weaker (?) version of the numb feeling while swaying around. hit my wardrobe door by accident. probably the only way i won't fall on my face if i ever manage to get close to passing out. i don't think i'll get much further if i don't find a way to raise my resistance/lower my SI

• Hugs
Reactions: Vienrose, Righttodie and Ivenocare