YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Well, fuck, it is harder than I expected
Sure. Isn't that easy that fiction sells to us, put a rope, then wrap around the neck and kick away the stool, hell no, isn't quite easy. It requires a lot of planning and a points to consider to being successful and don't messed up.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
What do people mean when they say they "tried/tested" partial suspension?
I don't understand why I can't seem to figure out how to do this yet people supposedly manage to do so in all kinds of restricted settings with odd materials. I have a pull up bar which I'd like to use, but can't find a way to go unconscious and just get a ringing in my ears really.

Also, I was reading something that said people sometimes bite their tongue during this, is there a way to prevent that?
you and I both. Robin William's had a fkin belt wedged in between a doorframe, like really lol.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Walilamdzi
A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Being poor I may choose this method. SN is the way I want to go. But I'm struggling with anti anemics. I successfully passed out once before with a belt attached to door, well, not attached. Those chain locks I hooked it around that. Woke convulsing and fitting because it snapped no damage done. Well. I don't think but that was three years ago. I haven't noticed anything. Opting for a bed sheet this time if so as more comfortable less SI too IMO

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I have pushed pretty damn hard on my neck with the rope which is under my chin and above my adams apple but I cannot get to the point of blacking out, like I get light headed and feel tingly but I dont know what else to do
You're on the right track. Happens to me. Gotta it that carteroid artery properly

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Addy92
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
you and I both. Robin William's had a fkin belt wedged in between a doorframe, like really lol.
I really wonder how he did it..I've been trying to ctb for ages but I just can't do it. That damn SI seems unbeatable.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Cookiedough8956
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I really wonder how he did it..I've been trying to ctb for ages but I just can't do it. That damn SI seems unbeatable.
Not only him but Kate spade with a scarf to a doorknob, chester bennington a belt, chris Cornell an exercise band. These celebrities are getting it right. So this cant be that difficult but it is for some reason

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Egddios and ZomGuy
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I don't understand why I can't seem to figure out how to do this yet people supposedly manage to do so in all kinds of restricted settings with odd materials. I have a pull up bar which I'd like to use, but can't find a way to go unconscious and just get a ringing in my ears really.

Also, I was reading something that said people sometimes bite their tongue during this, is there a way to prevent that?
did you actually try out full suspension and have it fail?

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Do you think it's a bad method?
I don't know. Each method has advantages and disadvantages. That hanging is one of the most frequently used methods says something though.
Maybe a mouth guard.

Last edited:
A

anuglymale

Feb 16, 2019
Wow, I managed to start losing consciousness with partial suspension. I decided not to knee but to lean forward as if I am falling(not sure if it is the right way).

It is similar to what I experienced when I have inhaled a number of helium balloons. I think I can make it

I have stopped because I have stuff to finish in this reality, it will take 2-3 weeks and then I am out

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Walilamdzi and Egddios
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Wow, I managed to start losing consciousness with partial suspension. I decided not to knee but to lean forward as if I am falling(not sure if it is the right way).

It is similar to what I experienced when I have inhaled a number of helium balloons. I think I can make it

I have stopped because I have stuff to finish in this reality, it will take 2-3 weeks and then I am out

Does anyone have a similar experience?
Leaning forward seems to be optimal because frontal pressure on the neck is the most effective way to compress the carotid artery. Remember to put in all your weight at once to prevent "exploding head feeling". Yesterday I tried it this way and I almost passed out couldn't do it because of SI. My next attempt will succeed I'm sure. Good luck my friend next time you try it.

Reactions: Trannydiary, TimeToBiteTheDust, thundersnail and 1 other person
F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
Being poor I may choose this method. SN is the way I want to go. But I'm struggling with anti anemics. I successfully passed out once before with a belt attached to door, well, not attached. Those chain locks I hooked it around that. Woke convulsing and fitting because it snapped no damage done. Well. I don't think but that was three years ago. I haven't noticed anything. Opting for a bed sheet this time if so as more comfortable less SI too IMO
How long did it take to pass out?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and Addy92
J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
Are you still aware of things with brain damage, and would you be kept alive or would something like a do not resuscitate mean that you would die eventually?
Yes I am aware of that. I've read something similar like this before. Someone who also tried to hang himself. Right now, he ended up in a wheelchair and he isn't able to eat food by himself. Going to the bathroom is a difficult thing for him. His personal health care taker has to help him with everything. He can neither talk nor respond in whatever way.
This is one way how you can end up. There are cases of people who end up in a coma or are brain dead and they are kept "alive"" by life support.

I am not here to prevent anybody from comitting suicide by hanging, but I just want to make people aware that this can happen also in case you would be found.

Hanging seems easy to do, but i have a problem of keeping the carotid artery closed. I only manage to keep the jugular veins closed. When I tried full suspension for less than 10 seconds, I couldn't pass out, my face got red and warm . I felt a pressure in my head. It wasn't comfortable. I guess I failed at doing this, just like many other things in life :(

Last edited:
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Yes I am aware of that. I've read something similar like this before. Someone who also tried to hang himself. Right now, he ended up in a wheelchair and he isn't able to eat food by himself. Going to the bathroom is a difficult thing for him. His personal health care taker has to help him with everything. He can neither talk nor respond in whatever way.
This is one way how you can end up. There are cases of people who end up in a coma or are brain dead and kept "alive"" by life support.

I am not here to prevent anybody from comitting suicide by hanging, but I just want to make people aware
I meant is the person still aware of their surroundings, I wasn't sure - that sounds terrible though.

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
This is one way how you can end up. There are cases of people who end up in a coma or are brain dead and they are kept "alive"" by life support.

I am not here to prevent anybody from comitting suicide by hanging, but I just want to make people aware that this can happen also in case you would be found.

Hanging seems easy to do, but i have a problem of keeping the carotid artery closed. I only manage to keep the jugular veins closed. When I tried full suspension for less than 10 seconds, I couldn't pass out, my face got red and warm . I felt a pressure in my head. It wasn't comfortable. I guess I failed at doing this, just like many other things in life :(
You only did it for 10 seconds? Do you have a thick neck or are overweight?

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
I can't seem to get to the blacking out point, either. I can't find my sweet spot no matter how much pressure I put on my neck. I suppose I could die by strangulation but I'd prefer not to go that way.

Reactions: Vienrose and PatrickG
Queer_Kenny

Queer_Kenny

Mar 26, 2019
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
Thank you for the information. It's much appreciated!

J

JH2000

Nov 6, 2018
You only did it for 10 seconds? Do you have a thick neck or are overweight?
No, I am not overweight (1.85 cm and 75 kg). I have a thin neck. I only did for like 10 seconds because I immediately felt uncomfortable. I couldn't push myself through. Probably that is why.

seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I'm wondering how people do this from a door handle. Is it possible with a necktie and a door handle? It keeps slipping out at the door handle side. Not a door knob but a handle.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I'm wondering how people do this from a door handle. Is it possible with a necktie and a door handle? It keeps slipping out at the door handle side. Not a door knob but a handle.
If you were to use something longer than a necktie as the noose, you could attach the noose to the handle on the other side of the door, then throw the noose over the top of the door, close the door and hang from the other side of the door. I'm sure I've seen a picture of this somewhere but can't remember where. If I find it, I'll post the link.

L

lyssanne

Mar 27, 2019
I keep trying and failling. i resorted to hanging after realizing i dont have the nerve to stand infront of a train. im not sure what im really doing wrong it just never works.

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I keep trying and failling. i resorted to hanging after realizing i dont have the nerve to stand infront of a train. im not sure what im really doing wrong it just never works.
Did you fail at full suspension or partial? Why?

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Were all like that. Seem to get close but no cigar

L

lyssanne

Mar 27, 2019
partial i have no where to do full from. i am unsure why i failed . i was using a scarf had it tight near my carotid and kept waiting to blackout and nothing happened .just got a feeling of alot of pressure in my face and my lips felt a bit numb.
Did you fail at full suspension or partial? Why?
partial i have no where to do full from. i am unsure why i failed . i was using a scarf had it tight near my carotid and kept waiting to blackout and nothing happened .just got a feeling of alot of pressure in my face and my lips felt a bit numb.

a;e

a;e

Mar 26, 2019
This is my chosen method and the advice Ive written to myself on my own notes is:
  • Locating my cartaroids, and feeling where they are on my neck
  • Making sure the knot is always at the back and that the knot is straight and doesnt lean off to the side
  • Making sure my neck is covered (usually with a thin hoodie or a small thin scarf, only one layer)
  • Making sure the rope is high on my neck, above my adams apple, and right below where my head/neck starts
  • Making sure that if Im being strangled, to loosen up
  • If I fail to find it, do a standing up version, where I tie my rope to and obect, and then lean forward, its how I first managed to compress my carts and it gives me a feel for where they are. I just use this to practice
I make sure Im using my rope, and a slipknot. And to make sure my head is at least slightly above my body line to avoid huge swelling.

Reactions: Suicidal_manlet, Orbitc, CloseFriendofCamus and 6 others
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
This is my chosen method and the advice Ive written to myself on my own notes is:
  • Locating my cartaroids, and feeling where they are on my neck
  • Making sure the knot is always at the back and that the knot is straight and doesnt lean off to the side
  • Making sure my neck is covered (usually with a thin hoodie or a small thin scarf, only one layer)
  • Making sure the rope is high on my neck, above my adams apple, and right below where my head/neck starts
  • Making sure that if Im being strangled, to loosen up
  • If I fail to find it, do a standing up version, where I tie my rope to and obect, and then lean forward, its how I first managed to compress my carts and it gives me a feel for where they are. I just use this to practice
I make sure Im using my rope, and a slipknot. And to make sure my head is at least slightly above my body line to avoid huge swelling.
Does the rope tighten when you hang?

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I had the noose over a closed door, the knot was secure and didn't break, but cause I'm a dumbass when it comes to tying anything that isn't a slipknot in general the knot on the door handle came loose and I fucked it up the last time I bothered to attempt anything.

Apparently my therapist said if the doorknob was securely tied I would've been dead.

• Aww..
Reactions: thundersnail