P

pointlesssuffering

Mar 12, 2022
I found this scaffold today, it looks perfect for full suspension.

mUE8NRb.jpg

DRdCNr4.jpg
I'm wondering how you could stop yourself from grabbing it or using your feet out of SI reflexes.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
W

wanttheend

Mar 12, 2022
Have thought of hanging myself for several years. Can't seem to go thru with it alone. Would be wonderful to have company on your way out to give each other support and a bit of comfort and understanding

Reactions: Worndown
T

TheUnkn0wn

Jul 2, 2021
Possible trigger warning*

I gave partial a try tonight. Believe I passed out for a few seconds, then came back to in a slight panic with survival instinct. Best way to describe it is as if your sound asleep and then woke up late for work - yet you experience panic/calm at the same time)

Shortly after I was very confused and couldnt type words properly. As of now I'm quite foggy in the head.

This time around I followed the resources and used a slip knot as opposed to a hangmans knot (what a difference this makes lol). This was my first attempt since my incident last spring, oddly enough I had no ideations for a few months and felt perfectly fine all day. Had the house to myself, saw the opportunity and said screw it.

Reactions: S like suicide and AnestheticVoid
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
I found this scaffold today, it looks perfect for full suspension.

mUE8NRb.jpg

DRdCNr4.jpg
Only problem I see with this is the ability to turn around and climb up.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Amile

Amile

Sep 17, 2020
¿How partial suspension feels?, i dont have any other method but i still like would like to know how it is.

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
I attempted partial hanging a bunch of times the other day. It didn't hurt that much, just felt a bit weird because of the pressure / expanding feeling in my head and lips. Not sure that's right though because I couldn't get the rope to constrict enough even with leaning back and putting as much weight as I could downward. I fucked up and passed out instead of dying. My roommate found me and I got put in the psych ward for 72 hours. Definitely heeding the warnings about making sure you are alone for long enough now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amile
Amile

Amile

Sep 17, 2020
¿it make much noise? night is one of the only moments when im alone.
also thanks a lot.

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
¿it make much noise? night is one of the only moments when im alone.
also thanks a lot.
I don't think I made that much noise honestly. Sometimes I would audibly gasp/choke for air but it wasn't that loud? I practiced a bit when my roommate was asleep before and never woke them up (it was the door set up that made them realize something was up and enter). I found that inhaling a bit before bearing down on the rope reduced the amount of sound you make.

• Hugs
Reactions: persimmontea and Amile
AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
I attempted partial hanging a bunch of times the other day. It didn't hurt that much, just felt a bit weird because of the pressure / expanding feeling in my head and lips. Not sure that's right though because I couldn't get the rope to constrict enough even with leaning back and putting as much weight as I could downward. I fucked up and passed out instead of dying. My roommate found me and I got put in the psych ward for 72 hours. Definitely heeding the warnings about making sure you are alone for long enough now.
You fucked up as in you didn't mean to pass out? Because that's exactly how hanging works you pass out and blood stops reaching and exiting the brain resulting in death. I'm guessing they found you quickly after you passed out, heard you thrashing maybe?

If you passed out that means you did constrict your arteries correctly. I am confused on what happened to you.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Who is considering to consume alcohol for their full suspension attempt?

• Love
Reactions: Antiquated, hellispink, 𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆ and 5 others
Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
You fucked up as in you didn't mean to pass out? Because that's exactly how hanging works you pass out and blood stops reaching and exiting the brain resulting in death. I'm guessing they found you quickly after you passed out, heard you thrashing maybe?

If you passed out that means you did constrict your arteries correctly. I am confused on what happened to you.
Yeah I mean I only passed out and didn't hang for long enough that it killed me. (I thought my roommate was going out for longer but they came back while I was trying to do it). What I meant by I'm not sure if I did it right is that for a "painless" partial hanging most people are going for blocking the carotids not the jugular because it's faster

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Yeah I mean I only passed out and didn't hang for long enough that it killed me. (I thought my roommate was going out for longer but they came back while I was trying to do it). What I meant by I'm not sure if I did it right is that for a "painless" partial hanging most people are going for blocking the carotids not the jugular because it's faster
You can't really avoid closing the jugular and not the arteries because it requires less force than the arteries to close off. The painless aspect is to close jugular and arteries off at the same time.

It sound like to me your attempt was as perfect as possible. How long did you hang before passing out do you think?

Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
You can't really avoid closing the jugular and not the arteries because it requires less force than the arteries to close off. The painless aspect is to close jugular and arteries off at the same time.

It sound like to me your attempt was as perfect as possible. How long did you hang before passing out do you think?
Yeah that's what I meant (carotids + jugular not just the carotids) I suck at writing lol

Haha well it would be a perfect attempt if my roommate didn't come back in. Now I can't use the same set up again because I don't want to traumatize them again. And idk how long it took to pass out, maybe a couple minutes?

AnestheticVoid

AnestheticVoid

❤️ Dissociatives ❤️
Feb 17, 2022
Yeah that's what I meant (carotids + jugular not just the carotids) I suck at writing lol

Haha well it would be a perfect attempt if my roommate didn't come back in. Now I can't use the same set up again because I don't want to traumatize them again. And idk how long it took to pass out, maybe a couple minutes?
It's all good just trying to understand.

I mean you can. I'm guessing your roommate is employed right? If that's the case you could attempt again while there at work/school. You'd only need 2 hours alone to be on the safe side.
You can just tape a note to your door saying not to come in and call emergency services.

Not trying to tell you to do it again just that you still have an option (providing your roommate does leave the home for at least a few hours a day)

I hope things work out for you whatever your decision ends up being.

Reactions: persimmontea and Citruscine
Citruscine

Citruscine

dead in the head
Mar 8, 2022
It's all good just trying to understand.

I mean you can. I'm guessing your roommate is employed right? If that's the case you could attempt again while there at work/school. You'd only need 2 hours alone to be on the safe side.
You can just tape a note to your door saying not to come in and call emergency services.

Not trying to tell you to do it again just that you still have an option (providing your roommate does leave the home for at least a few hours a day)

I hope things work out for you whatever your decision ends up being.
Idk I feel like the timing is wrong. After coming out of the hospital (and having people finding out without my consent to tell them) lots of people have their eyes on me. Probably going to wait it out until people are less acutely aware

Reactions: AnestheticVoid
y0dha

y0dha

Student
Feb 10, 2022
Who is considering to consume alcohol for their full suspension attempt?
Me but i'm not sure it'll help. Maybe it'll ease the pain, what do you think?
I hope it can help to pass out

Reactions: Antiquated, sealbabies, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Can women hang easier because they don't have an adam's apple? Is this true?

varieties

varieties

Mar 17, 2021
I been thinking of driving out of my city to find a spot somewhere in the hill sides to hang myself. I just don't want someone I know to find me so I think that'll be a safe bet to avoid traumatizing my family or bf. Though I worry that I wouldn't be found at all or found by the wrong people and just get messed with. I do live in a city where a person was found in a ditch and these girls messed with his dead body so I wouldn't want that to happen to me lol Has anyone else thought of hanging themselves outside like that too or tried? Any advice if that's a good idea?

S

Siterfau

Mar 7, 2022
U sure about that?
The Adam's apple is just a bit of cartilage at the front of your neck. The relevant arteries and veins are on the sides. I really don't see how it could significantly affect hanging attempts.

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Me but i'm not sure it'll help. Maybe it'll ease the pain, what do you think?
I hope it can help to pass out
Yeah it might ease the pain but I'm considering to use it mainly because I hope it will reduce the fear of kicking the chair off. But climbing and standing on a chair while drunk can be a big challenge.

Do you have a planned date?

• Hugs
Reactions: y0dha and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I been thinking of driving out of my city to find a spot somewhere in the hill sides to hang myself. I just don't want someone I know to find me so I think that'll be a safe bet to avoid traumatizing my family or bf. Though I worry that I wouldn't be found at all or found by the wrong people and just get messed with. I do live in a city where a person was found in a ditch and these girls messed with his dead body so I wouldn't want that to happen to me lol Has anyone else thought of hanging themselves outside like that too or tried? Any advice if that's a good idea?

I think it is a good idea because I plan the same. I found my tree in a remote forest. It is a former military training area, you will find sings that warn of duds when you enter this area. It will take a long time until my skeleton is found. Why are you worried that you wouldn´t be found at all?

Reactions: persimmontea
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Is kneeling and leaning forward the best way to do partial hanging?

T

TheUnkn0wn

Jul 2, 2021
¿How partial suspension feels?, i dont have any other method but i still like would like to know how it is.
I don't want to come across as a dickhead, however if your low enough to commit, pain won't be much of a worry.

From my experience (and keep in mind everyone is different), the slip knot is more comfortable than a hangmans knot. I wouldnt say partial is painful, however it can be unpleasant at first when you tighten the ligature. If you have it placed correctly, like OP says, you'll be out in seconds.
Is kneeling and leaning forward the best way to do partial hanging?
I'm not an expert, but the knee and learning method I feel applies better pressure in comparison to sitting flat and trying to lean, its a lot more comfortable as well and i feel doesnt strain as much on your neck (rope kinking your neck sideways as opposed to lean with pressure).

Reactions: downsolong
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Do you think a couple days of no sleep could help with the SI?
I was thinking of doing this too, or using otc sleeping pills - they're not very strong, but when combined with a bit of alcohol they might help slightly with SI and the fear/anxiety of kicking away the stool. I'd set everything up first though.

I'll also use cable/zip tie handcuffs to tie my hands behind my back, and tie my ankles together so i can't reach for the stairs railing or pull on the noose.

Reactions: Ixtab, downsolong, y0dha and 1 other person
y0dha

y0dha

Student
Feb 10, 2022
Yeah it might ease the pain but I'm considering to use it mainly because I hope it will reduce the fear of kicking the chair off. But climbing and standing on a chair while drunk can be a big challenge.

Do you have a planned date?
Might be a good idea to get enough drunk but not too much.

I plan to do it this week end, what about you?

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and AnestheticVoid
varieties

varieties

Mar 17, 2021
I think it is a good idea because I plan the same. I found my tree in a remote forest. It is a former military training area, you will find sings that warn of duds when you enter this area. It will take a long time until my skeleton is found. Why are you worried that you wouldn´t be found at all?
I know it's silly but I don't want my family to think I'm missing or something, that seems embarrassing to be reported missing haha

brnggundottxt

brnggundottxt

Mar 12, 2022
I know it's silly but I don't want my family to think I'm missing or something, that seems embarrassing to be reported missing haha
LMAO that's so true. The people in my life might actually have the gall to file a missing person's report after the shady shit they pulled. The police probably even cooperate even if bribed.
I'm in such a weird place rn. :pfff:

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Might be a good idea to get enough drunk but not too much.

I plan to do it this week end, what about you?
I don't know for sure. I keep planning a date and then postpone it. I wish you the best friend. If you do it then hopefully I will join you soon.