Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
I used to experience the exploding head feeling also but then I learned it's more comfortable to lean forward rather than trying to hang downwards. Every time I would hang downwards I would get an exploding head, but whenever I lean forward I don't feel it and can feel myself losing consciousness without crushing my windpipe. I think this way is meant to induce unconsciousness quicker and without pain, then in theory you'll start properly hanging while unconscious. I've only got as far as just before losing consciousness, my vision going hazy and I think I had tingles in my hands(?), but I stopped myself before I completely passed out. I don't know why I stopped myself, I think I was just astonished that I could feel it working without any pain and I wanted a moment to process that - then SI kicked in. I'm gonna attempt tomorrow and hopefully I can succeed
What kind of ligature do you use?

L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
Interesting. Sounds like partial. How was everything set up? What kind of knot? Where did you place it? I wish you peace in whatever choice you make.
Yep, it was partial. I've done a lot of research over the last year/1.5 years, compared various case studies and found that partial is actually more common than full suspension - sometimes as low as 52%, other times as high as 68-70%. It really depends on whether the research was done nationwide or worldwide, which country the research came from and how many suicides were included in their study.

My set up is in my closet. I have a secured metal rail that's typically used to hang clothes. I also used some extra wood that I had lying around to fashion supports underneath it just to make sure it'll hold up and won't have a risk of breaking. As for my ligature, I have a scarf and bedsheets that I cut up and fashioned into a suitable ligature. In a lot of the research I'd done, most hangings are completed with household items anyway, so I figured I'll use what I have and make it work. I've tried a lot of different ligatures from belts, cables, certain fabrics etc and found the bedsheets I had felt the most comfortable. A lot of people think a specific rope is necessary, but it's really not. I used a simple slip knot at the back of my neck, positioned just below my Adam's apple at the front and kind of rises diagonally to the knot at the back.

This is just what worked well for me and was pain free. I guess a lot of it depends on the person, their weight, their ligature etc.. I spent a long time researching before I found this for me. I would research different methods, instructions, tips.. I would even look into accidental hangings, accidental deaths from things like the choking game or the auto-erotic self strangulation thing to see what they used and how their deaths occurred.

@Boredsapiens

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: persimmontea, Nora Rony, Hotsackage and 10 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Yep, it was partial. I've done a lot of research over the last year/1.5 years, compared various case studies and found that partial is actually more common than full suspension - sometimes as low as 52%, other times as high as 68-70%. It really depends on whether the research was done nationwide or worldwide, which country the research came from and how many suicides were included in their study.

My set up is in my closet. I have a secured metal rail that's typically used to hang clothes. I also used some extra wood that I had lying around to fashion supports underneath it just to make sure it'll hold up and won't have a risk of breaking. As for my ligature, I have a scarf and bedsheets that I cut up and fashioned into a suitable ligature. In a lot of the research I'd done, most hangings are completed with household items anyway, so I figured I'll use what I have and make it work. I've tried a lot of different ligatures from belts, cables, certain fabrics etc and found the bedsheets I had felt the most comfortable. A lot of people think a specific rope is necessary, but it's really not. I used a simple slip knot at the back of my neck, positioned just below my Adam's apple at the front and kind of rises diagonally to the knot at the back.

This is just what worked well for me and was pain free. I guess a lot of it depends on the person, their weight, their ligature etc.. I spent a long time researching before I found this for me. I would research different methods, instructions, tips.. I would even look into accidental hangings, accidental deaths from things like the choking game or the auto-erotic self strangulation thing to see what they used and how their deaths occurred.

@Boredsapiens
Do you mind posting a picture of the ligature? and the knot? Thank you friend. I want to do things right
Do you mind posting a picture of the ligature? and the knot? Thank you friend. I want to do things right
@lastlife_

@lastlife_
Thank you for taking the time to respond and share by the way. Sorry my response isn't that long or detailed. I'm kind of slow and not good at communicating very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleCloud and Solar1703
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020

@Boredsapiens
Thank you very much for the detailed information. I was planning to position the ligature above the Adam's apple though. Did you have any complications when positioning it above the Adam's apple?

Reactions: Solar1703
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I tried leaning forward but I must be tying the knot wrong. My head still felt like it was going to expload.

L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021

@lastlife_

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share by the way. Sorry my response isn't that long or detailed. I'm kind of slow and not good at communicating very well.
It's fine. No need to apologise :) to be honest I don't really feel comfortable posting pictures on the forum.. just feels a bit too personal, you know? but my ligature, knot and set up really isn't anything complicated.. the most important thing is whether it's secure enough and, depending on what you can tolerate, how comfortable it is.
Thank you very much for the detailed information. I was planning to position the ligature above the Adam's apple though. Did you have any complications when positioning it above the Adam's apple?
I've seen conflicting methods about placement. Some say under the jaw, others say above Adam's apple and some say below - I tried them all and below my Adam's apple felt the most comfortable. All the other ways made me feel like I was choking or giving me an exploding head. I think below the Adam's apple and leaning forward is meant to constrict your arteries without crushing your windpipe so you can still breathe whilst applying enough pressure to induce unconsciousness, after that the body should go limp, start to hang properly by continuing to apply even more pressure onto the neck and arteries then you know..

Again, this is just what works for me so if it doesn't work for someone else then I guess they need to do things differently and practice what's most comfortable for them

• Informative
Reactions: GameOver52, AreWeWinning, LeapOfFaith and 5 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
It's fine. No need to apologise :) to be honest I don't really feel comfortable posting pictures on the forum.. just feels a bit too personal, you know? but my ligature, knot and set up really isn't anything complicated.. the most important thing is whether it's secure enough and, depending on what you can tolerate, how comfortable it is.

I've seen conflicting methods about placement. Some say under the jaw, others say above Adam's apple and some say below - I tried them all and below my Adam's apple felt the most comfortable. All the other ways made me feel like I was choking or giving me an exploding head. I think below the Adam's apple and leaning forward is meant to constrict your arteries without crushing your windpipe so you can still breathe whilst applying enough pressure to induce unconsciousness, after that the body should go limp, start to hang properly by continuing to apply even more pressure onto the neck and arteries then you know..

Again, this is just what works for me so if it doesn't work for someone else then I guess they need to do things differently and practice what's most comfortable for them
Won't it just slide up once you pass out?
Below the adams apple doesn't make you cough? @lastlife_

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I bought this nautical rope about a year ago, it is 10 mm thick and has a breaking load of 550 kg, if I make perfect knots I should have no problems with full hanging.
I have already tried, the only problem is that it is a little painful in the neck.

3aEUj3U.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: bitingthedust, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Hurt and 2 others
L

lastlife_

Nov 15, 2021
Won't it just slide up once you pass out?
Below the adams apple doesn't make you cough? @lastlife_
After you pass out, maybe? but once you pass out and go limp the ligature will tighten anyway so maybe not. Either way there would be enough pressure to continue compressing the carotid arteries so it wouldn't matter either way. Nope, it doesn't make me cough. Also when I've practiced I never go into it applying tons of pressure from the get go. I start leaning forward gently, see how it feels, reposition it slightly if I need to, and gradually apply more pressure to where I can feel my arteries compressing without crushing my windpipe. There's a video online somewhere.. I don't know how I found it, maybe from the suicide wiki before it was taken down but there was a demonstration about inducing unconsciousness with the way I've described - that's how I initially found out about it and upon trying it I realised I didn't have the exploding head or any discomfort. Some people can tolerate pain or endure it long enough before passing out but I can't, so that's why I researched so much to find something that works for me. If it doesn't make it more comfortable for you then maybe you need to approach it differently or try something else.. I don't think there's ever going to be a universal method as our bodies are all different

• Informative
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, Shu and Solar1703
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
a place like this seems to me perfect for full suspension:
index.jpg

Reactions: Nullm and DarkDg21
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I wish I could have gotten to check out Suicide Wiki before it was shut down. I assume there was instruction videos which you can't seem to find now.

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I wish I could have gotten to check out Suicide Wiki before it was shut down. I assume there was instruction videos which you can't seem to find now.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/wiki-dissapeard.79261/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicidewiki-has-been-restored.82279/

Reactions: TheHelpfulGiant
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
index.jpg

The strukture fits perfect for full suspension and you can be sure that it would not break down. BUT choose a location were not children will find your corpse.

Reactions: dolemitedrums, LittleCloud, TerminalConscience and 1 other person
G

guile

Dec 19, 2021
Can anyone tell me why when I try partial hanging it feels more like strangulation? I tried but stopped because it felt like I couldn't breathe, like it was holding my windpipe. Is this how it should feel? Was I just not tolerant enough?

Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven
A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021
index.jpg

The structure looks good, but how remote it is? Even if there is a 0.1% chance for someone finding me before I'm totally dead, it's not good enough for me. I don't want to be revived after 10-20 minutes, and wake up half-dead with severe brain damage.

WorthlessMoron

WorthlessMoron

My cowardness is keeping me alive.
Sep 26, 2019
Hey, do you guys think this "rope" is going to work, or is it too, I don't know, thin, soft, etc.?
I can't buy an actual rope (for reasons I'd rather not discuss) so I had to make one using yarns. I can make myself almost pass out using my fingers, but I can't do it with this rope. I kept on trying different positions, but I just can't do it. I think it's because I'm not putting enough pressure on my carotid arteries. Is it the rope's fault, or do I just have to keep on trying?

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Sorry I cannot answer questions to some of you due to risk of breaking rules and legal issues with assisting someone.

I think this is how I'm going to ctb. I remember doing this with a metal door and leather belt years ago, but I got an adrenaline rush as my vision closed in with thick black borders. My shirt was soaked with sweat. I figured exit bag would be better to not have this happen but now I think it may be less reliable for me. Cannot do SN because I might have an ulcer, I get pain and bruising if I have acidic things on an empty stomach.

The key is going to be passout quick enough to not have an adrenaline rush when the "This is it" moment comes. Full suspension would solve this but I have to do it indoors for secrecy

TheHelpfulGiant

TheHelpfulGiant

Dec 3, 2021
Hey, do you guys think this "rope" is going to work, or is it too, I don't know, thin, soft, etc.?
I can't buy an actual rope (for reasons I'd rather not discuss) so I had to make one using yarns. I can make myself almost pass out using my fingers, but I can't do it with this rope. I kept on trying different positions, but I just can't do it. I think it's because I'm not putting enough pressure on my carotid arteries. Is it the rope's fault, or do I just have to keep on trying?
I'd imagine it's the pressure! If you're pressing with two fingers and doing it, gauge how hard your pressing, you may need to really push a bit. The rope looks fine but only you can feel its rigidity. Keep it low, or tilt your head forward
Sorry I cannot answer questions to some of you due to risk of breaking rules and legal issues with assisting someone.

I think this is how I'm going to ctb. I remember doing this with a metal door and leather belt years ago, but I got an adrenaline rush as my vision closed in with thick black borders. My shirt was soaked with sweat. I figured exit bag would be better to not have this happen but now I think it may be less reliable for me. Cannot do SN because I might have an ulcer, I get pain and bruising if I have acidic things on an empty stomach.

The key is going to be passout quick enough to not have an adrenaline rush when the "This is it" moment comes. Full suspension would solve this but I have to do it indoors for secrecy
You're spot on! Adrenaline will do its job and keep you awake, very important to let that dissipate first. It can be done using a beta blocker if struggling (like propanalol). This is a sweet way, far better than most others.
Can anyone tell me why when I try partial hanging it feels more like strangulation? I tried but stopped because it felt like I couldn't breathe, like it was holding my windpipe. Is this how it should feel? Was I just not tolerant enough?
Pressure on the windpipe is all that'll cause strangulation.

In BJJ, if someone choked you (eg guillotine) you would be advised to look up to minimise the choke. When you choke someone else, you'd force their head to face down (eg triangle) to maximise the choke.

If one desires to pass out quicker, tilt your head forwards so your chin is closer to your collarbone.

I get some strangulation when I do it as I use a full hangman's noose made up of hemp rope which tightens fast and strong. I personally don't mind it so much, as I know the end result is peaceful.
I bought this nautical rope about a year ago, it is 10 mm thick and has a breaking load of 550 kg, if I make perfect knots I should have no problems with full hanging.
I have already tried, the only problem is that it is a little painful in the neck.

3aEUj3U.jpg
Sturdy materials are more painful, they're also extremely effective, only issue is if practising before you can cause a deterrent in your brain like aversion therapy. It will be a larger load on the anchor point so what are you hooking it to?

Last edited:
Reactions: WorthlessMoron
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I'd imagine it's the pressure! If you're pressing with two fingers and doing it, gauge how hard your pressing, you may need to really push a bit. The rope looks fine but only you can feel its rigidity. Keep it low, or tilt your head forward

You're spot on! Adrenaline will do its job and keep you awake, very important to let that dissipate first. It can be done using a beta blocker if struggling (like propanalol). This is a sweet way, far better than most others.

Pressure on the windpipe is all that'll cause strangulation.

In BJJ, if someone choked you (eg guillotine) you would be advised to look up to minimise the choke. When you choke someone else, you'd force their head to face down (eg triangle) to maximise the choke.

If one desires to pass out quicker, tilt your head forwards so your chin is closer to your collarbone.

I get some strangulation when I do it as I use a full hangman's noose made up of hemp rope which tightens fast and strong. I personally don't mind it so much, as I know the end result is peaceful.

Sturdy materials are more painful, they're also extremely effective, only issue is if practising before you can cause a deterrent in your brain like aversion therapy. It will be a larger load on the anchor point so what are you hooking it to?
It's crazy how quickly people pass out from a chokehold but with hanging it could take minutes

T

TerminalConscience

Feb 1, 2022
I used to experience the exploding head feeling also but then I learned it's more comfortable to lean forward rather than trying to hang downwards. Every time I would hang downwards I would get an exploding head, but whenever I lean forward I don't feel it and can feel myself losing consciousness without crushing my windpipe. I think this way is meant to induce unconsciousness quicker and without pain, then in theory you'll start properly hanging while unconscious. I've only got as far as just before losing consciousness, my vision going hazy and I think I had tingles in my hands(?), but I stopped myself before I completely passed out. I don't know why I stopped myself, I think I was just astonished that I could feel it working without any pain and I wanted a moment to process that - then SI kicked in. I'm gonna attempt tomorrow and hopefully I can succeed
So you're standing on something and when you lean forward and and down you feel you begin losing consciousness? Do you think the sudden force of all the weight on the neck would wake you back up?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
So you're standing on something and when you lean forward and and down you feel you begin losing consciousness? Do you think the sudden force of all the weight on the neck would wake you back up?
If no blood is going to your brain nothing is going to wake you up as your brain does not function without a steady supply of blood.

Reactions: albino_elk
dudeidk

dudeidk

Feb 11, 2022
I agree...i lean forward with the weight on my neck and within seconds get the same feeling of losing consciousness...
@lastlife_

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022

@Boredsapiens
I've seen those studies as well although many people seem to fail partial according to reports on here.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I have just compiled all the pages in this thread into a single PDF file, which you can download from this link. Any links that may exist in this thread are not clickable in the PDF file, unfortunately, since the PDF file is just a digital print-out of the thread.

The purpose of this PDF file is for safekeeping and reading later.

The PDF file is 322 MB.

Reactions: AnestheticVoid
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
bec
Full drop hangings have been used for ages as execution methods. Professional scientists and doctors have researched it even. The method is explicitly explained in many papers, every single question you could think of has a detailed answer.

I think it's sad that this thread discusses 99% of the time suspension hanging because that's a painful and slow way to die. Whereas full drop hanging is "instant". The moment your drop is complete, you immediately lose consciousness because the drop causes your brain stem to be ripped from your brain.

I just can't understand why someone would choose suspension over full drop.
because long drop is more difficult to achieve and more knowledge is needed to do it correctly
id
You should probably watch this and see for yourself - https://theync.com/pretty-girl-in-sundress-hangs-herself-on-facebook-live.htm

I've seen a lot of hanging videos and this is hands down the most reassuring one. The whole thing took less than 3 minutes - from tying a scarf to the ceiling fan (?), jumping off the chair and then completely passing out.
idk.. she probably got rescued.. her knot is also in the front.

Last edited:
C

cantliveanymore

Feb 25, 2022
Having trouble ctb.

I am using a dog leash which is like a rope. Partial suspension from my bathroom curtain shower bar that is currently used to hang laundry from time to time. Over the past two days I have used various ways of tying the rope leash, which includes looping the leash into the handle to create the noose and using a slipknot on the non leash side.

I have attempted this over 10 times. I secure the noose around my head and the pull the noose tight then start kneeling to apply downward pressure. I have never been able to achieve unconciousness. my legs start to strain from the kneeling and it is unpleasant then my survival instict kicks in and I stand and remove the noose repeating i cant do this in my head.

im not sure if it is the ligament or my SI that prevents me from cbt. i dont know what to do, I don't want to live.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shu
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I'm struggling with this, the thing I can't work out is how to make the slipknot tighten around the neck.. unless it's not meant to 🤔

The other day I read an artifle about a young lad who hung himself using his hoodie.. It's so weird that some people can do it without much effort and others have multiple failed attempts.

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I'm struggling with this, the thing I can't work out is how to make the slipknot tighten around the neck.. unless it's not meant to 🤔

The other day I read an artifle about a young lad who hung himself using his hoodie.. It's so weird that some people can do it without much effort and others have multiple failed attempts.
People look for ways to make it as painless as possible which is understanding. Some people are really desperate to go and don't think/care about the pain it will cause so they don't do that much preparation. With parial some people are able to get it easily some aren't. SI is different for everyone.

LittleCloud

LittleCloud

Just drifting
Feb 12, 2022
Do you guys have any tips for damage control? I'm talking about family members who'll find me, I don't want them traumatised for life.
I will close the door of the room and put a sign which says to call the police, but i still frear they will open the door. I will also put on dark sunglasses so they can't see my eyes, and a lot of makeup so that the face discoloration isn't as visible. I'll try to dress nicely too. Is there anything else i can do?

Nyktalgia

Nyktalgia

Jan 29, 2022
I just can't do it. No matter what I do I can't even get close to passing out. I've tried everything. Noose below and above Adam's apple. Knot on the back, knot on the left, knot on the front. I tried leaning forward like in that choking game video, and I tried squatting. All I get is pain, discomfort and pressure in my head. This is so frustrating. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I can find my carotid pulse, but when I try to push on it with my fingers nothing happens. I'm pretty close to just stabbing myself in that pesky artery. My only other option is jumping out of an eighth floor window.

• Hugs
Reactions: bitingthedust and DarkDg21