tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
But the risk of ketoacidosis in diabetes type II is extremely low.
Well high-five me, because I had it, and I'm Type 2. Because of that belief you speak of, dka was never explained to me. I would have researched it, but it's hard researching something if you don't know to look for something. Entirely preventable for a type 2, which naturally pisses me off looking back.

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
This 'diabetes as a method to ctb' thread seems to have turned into a thread about how bad or painful diabetes is or isn't.

As someone who has type 1 diabetes, let me just say that it is not something you want, not is it a low-risk way to ctb via insulin overdose.

The risks include gangrene/limb amputation, eyesight problems, heart and kidney problems, among other things. Which could leave you with years/decades of issues before actually dying from them.

I've also tried to ctb via insulin overdose. I took a load of insulin and also a load of sleeping pills that I had saved up, before bedtime. (I took the pills due to the fact that the body can wake you up during the night when blood sugars are low, so I wanted to avoid this). However, I woke up in the middle of the night with a seizure. I got out of bed and started falling and stumbling all over the place and I ended up getting a load of carpet burns all over my body, and cuts. I then found it hard to get back to sleep due to my body being in pain. I eventually got back to sleep, but when I woke up my blood sugars were sky high. This was probably due to the lack of long-acting insulin in my body, plus some ingredient in the pills causing the blood sugar to rise.

Anyways, having done more research since then, I ve found that far more people have failed to ctb via insulin overdose than have succeeded. Like I said in a previous post, it can take many days after going into a diabetic coma to die. Plus there's the risk of being found in a coma and potentially being brain damaged due to a lack of glucose/blood sugars going to the brain.