• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

No_Lxve

No_Lxve

it's always better to cease to exist
Apr 14, 2023
it's getting really fucking annoying when people say, "are you ok" or "is something wrong." I know they don't care nor want to deal with my bs.

it's getting really God damn annoying. especially my mom. she keeps asking this every damn day and it is getting really annoying.

she even told me she's going to take me to a psychologist by force if I keep acting "weird".

if there any way I can respond to that or make people/siblings/parents stfu.?

I know some reader might be saying "but it's your parents, you should listen to them." but I don't want to involve my parents like how some of you readers don't want to involve yours either.

but nevertheless, I respect you all and I hope you guys are doing well as of now. thank you for reading.

EDIT: let me know if I have to move this to another subcategory. thank you

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I would just say that I feel fine and not do anything that could make other people think otherwise, but other people shouldn't have any right to interfere in such a way, it's really insensitive how other people are unable to mind their own business and just create more suffering.

• Love
Reactions: No_Lxve
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I fully understand you. I'm also annoyed by anyone asking me this. If I really told them how it is and how it looks inside me they would never understand it and give comments and tips that don't help anyway.

That's why I always pretend that everything is fine.

Meatshell

Meatshell

Professional Complainer
May 16, 2023
No, "but it's your parents, you should listen to them" didn't even cross my mind.

IMO, this would be the perfect opportunity for you to stand up for yourself and tell them to stop (or stfu). Put an end to this.

If needed, calmly tell them that if you need help (like therapy) then you'll ask for it. Reassure them.

I've told people to stop asking me how are you (because I HATE boring, generic questions lol). They now don't.

But why does your mom keep asking if you're okay? Why is she wanting to force you to go to therapy? Is she suspecting you're depressed/suicidal? I feel like I'm missing some context.

No_Lxve

No_Lxve

it's always better to cease to exist
Apr 14, 2023
No, "but it's your parents, you should listen to them" didn't even cross my mind.

IMO, this would be the perfect opportunity for you to stand up for yourself and tell them to stop (or stfu). Put an end to this.

If needed, calmly tell them that if you need help (like therapy) then you'll ask for it. Reassure them.

I've told people to stop asking me how are you (because I HATE boring, generic questions lol). They now don't.

But why does your mom keep asking if you're okay? Why is she wanting to force you to go to therapy? Is she suspecting you're depressed/suicidal? I feel like I'm missing some context.
by "weird" i mean depressed, suicidal. to the people that's "weird" nowadays

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
DarkDg21

DarkDg21

Oct 12, 2021
My brother's girlfriend is exactly like this. She knows about my struggles. The first few times she asked if I was okay didn't bother me but now it's like she's straight up mocking me.

• Aww..
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

đź“ś Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I despise when people ask me this too. I've been asked this my entire life, and if you aren't smiling ear to ear and prattling your little head off, you can bet neurotypicals will have something to say about it.

I usually attempt to pretend everything's okay and I'm not dying on the inside, but that question never fails to knock me off guard. It just eats away at my remaining self-esteem that I'm doing something wrong with my face, and it's hard to recover from once I'm asked.

Resting bitch face doesn't help either

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
U

UKscotty

Enlightened
May 20, 2021
You learn to get good at lying.

A few simple responses and people move on.

Just remember that 99% of the time they don't really give a shit, keep the answer short and civil.

"Yeah, I'm great but I was up late with a poorly mum, dad, cat, neighbour "

"Yeah, my weekend was great, we just went out exploring with some friends "

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think saying something like- 'I'm fine- I'm just tired' might work. Most people are quiet and a bit forlorn when they feel tired. That, or partially be honest- say you're struggling at the moment but you're starting to feel more positive. Trouble is- it sounds like they're on the look out now.

Is there no way they can help you by any chance? How do you think they'd be if you were honest? Would you welcome that support if they gave it?

I hate that question too though. Sometimes I dread phone calls or texts with family and friends because I don't want to lie to them- but sometimes, them trying to 'fix' stuff just makes me more irritated.