L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Were the attempts spaced out (over years or months) or kind of one after the other?
I think 30 is such a tough age.

over a few times.....

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Lunar

Lunar

Student
Aug 14, 2018
I'm 28. I had one attempt, but it was so silly of me imo (not researched at all) it might as well not of been one. Thankfully, this site exists now.

16. Only tested hanging. Tried to do SN but primperan was intercepted. Plan to jump. I do believe I'm the youngest on here though, which is nice. I don't really get on with people my age anyways, too weird and asocial for them.

I've seen some younger people on here (14 and 15 for example). I won't point out names just in case they don't want to be mentioned.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018

Many feeble attempts - too many to count.
Never been hospitalised as I've always chickened out x.x

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 8 others
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
You are unbelievably strong to keep going while living with depression and being fully aware of how you feel. I don't know if that makes sense, not sure how to type it. I hope you are finding some happiness in your life, even though you are suffering.

Very kind of you to say .
Thanks.
sometimes I see it that way , but not often.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
24. I've just been in the habit of thinking of myself as 25 ever since my birthday though due to a complex over my age, and I'll be 25 officially soon, so maybe I'll get a temporary reprieve.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Voodoo

Voodoo

Oct 13, 2018

Many feeble attempts - too many to count.
Never been hospitalised as I've always chickened out x.x
Do you know if you suffer from depression and/or anxiety?

Reactions: Bluedew, Deafsn0w, Fisherman and 5 others
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
Do you know if you suffer from depression and/or anxiety?
I believe depression - maybe anxiety. I've never been specifically told that I do have depression but I was on antidepressants for a while but they did nothing.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Voodoo

Voodoo

Oct 13, 2018
I believe depression - maybe anxiety. I've never been specifically told that I do have depression but I was on antidepressants for a while but they did nothing.
I've heard it can take a little while to find the correct ones when it comes to antidepressants.
I'm so sorry, I don't mean to pry into it too much, I just see you're very young, and I just wish I took the steps to try get my illness under control back then at your age, I may have not felt like this now.

Reactions: Bluedew, Deafsn0w, Fisherman and 4 others
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
I've heard it can take a little while to find the correct ones when it comes to antidepressants.
I'm so sorry, I don't mean to pry into it too much, I just see you're very young, and I just wish I took the steps to try get my illness under control back then at your age, I may have not felt like this now.
No need to apologise.
I doubt I'll be trying anymore antidepressants - every professional and my parents seem to think that if one doesn't work than antidepressants aren't for me.
Don't even know if I'll be around to see the psychiatrist the doctor recommended so don't know if it's really an issue.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, someoneactually, Fisherman and 6 others
Voodoo

Voodoo

Oct 13, 2018
No need to apologise.
I doubt I'll be trying anymore antidepressants - every professional and my parents seem to think that if one doesn't work than antidepressants aren't for me.
Don't even know if I'll be around to see the psychiatrist the doctor recommended so don't know if it's really an issue.
That's fair. I know some of my friends who are on them have had to try for a while to get the correct dosage. One of them takes the equivalent of a weeks worth of what my friend takes in a day. Some of them have to be accompanied by therapy while some are okay without. It's such a long process but the right balance can be found. Just wanted to mention Tobin care a small part of you ever wanted to consider it again.
Whatever path you chose, do it for yourself and no one else. ❤️

Reactions: Bluedew, Deafsn0w, Fisherman and 4 others
08nomore

08nomore

Sep 24, 2018
33 but feeling like 83

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Severen, AndyCurious and 9 others
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
24, have never attempted.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, AndyCurious, Fisherman and 5 others
M

Maggotymaggots

Apr 18, 2018
I know what you mean, and it so hard figuring out what you want to do with the rest of your life.
I discovered what I wanted to do recently, but everything went wrong and now just feel too old to start a career in what I wanted, but because of things that happened, I just don't have passion for anything anymore.

I hope you can find that drive you need. ❤️

I phrased my last post pretty ambiguously, and I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I really hate to feel like I'm deceiving anyone into thinking I'm less pathetic than I actually am.

I meant I needed to find the energy to kill myself. Not that I'd be averse to finding the drive to go on with and fix my life, but I just don't see that as being possible for me at this point.

I appreciate your empathy, at any rate. :)

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat, AndyCurious and 5 others
D

DeadManWalking

Jul 9, 2018
I'm 28 and attempted once when I was 20.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, AndyCurious, Fisherman and 4 others
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
I'm 23, I'm not sure how many times I've tried, I first self harmed and was suicidal at 6

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Reactions: Deafsn0w, AndyCurious, RottingFlowerBrains and 1 other person
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I'm 35 but my life ended 3 yr ago and when people asked I've often said 32..is like I'm stuck at that age as life literally stopped..not much sense oflife happening around me for 3 yr now..but i do FEEL very old

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RottingFlowerBrains, Fisherman and 5 others
AndyCurious

AndyCurious

Warlock
Sep 13, 2018
I'm 35 but my life ended 3 yr ago and when people asked I've often said 32..is like I'm stuck at that age as life literally stopped..not much sense oflife happening around me for 3 yr now..but i do FEEL very old
I feel old as dirt....

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Fisherman, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
musician

musician

Oct 16, 2018
41, never try before

Reactions: Deafsn0w, AndyCurious, Fisherman and 3 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Almost 50. 2 attempts when i was much younger. Have come very close twice in the last 2 years. I have everything i need for nitrogen.

Reactions: Bluedew, Deafsn0w, AndyCurious and 5 others
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
6..so sad :(

It is, how a child of that age knows what it even is. But I grew up in a household where all types of abuse were normal and trying to kill yourself was part of the norm. I remember the first time I read my mother's suicide note (she didn't kill herself) and I was about 5. It was pretty much read out to me and the whole discussion took place in front of me. I first tied something around my kneck to try and kill myself at 6. I started cutting not long after.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat, AndyCurious and 5 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
35 Male

2 legit attempts. Many plans that didn't come to fuition.

M

Miro

Oct 17, 2018
40s, four attempts

Reactions: worldexploder, Deafsn0w, AndyCurious and 4 others
V

Voldmort

Experienced
Sep 23, 2018
one failed attempt.
in fact, the attempt made me understand that it would not kill me, that dying is much harder than it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: worldexploder, Deafsn0w, AndyCurious and 7 others
loser41

loser41

Dangerous
Oct 17, 2018
I'm 18. I haven't attempted yet but my time will come soon.

miauimon

miauimon

Oct 16, 2018
20, four attempts, idk if there will be a fifth one, will depend on the situation

Reactions: throwaway777, Deafsn0w, AndyCurious and 4 others
Cee

Cee

cute girl
Sep 22, 2018
18. Never a 'true' attempt but ive sat with a knife against my wrist (bad method ik) and a handful of pills (another bad method) very close to trying.

sadsoul

sadsoul

Alive and unwell
Sep 9, 2018
17, too many half-assed attempts.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, throwaway777, Deafsn0w and 6 others