• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
yeah hygiene is the last thing that comes to mind in this state. ill try to shower once a month to get rid of potato feet but even after two months when you use a green scrubby they clean quick like brand new. i use antiperspirant and deodorant tho daily on underarms and undercarriage tho so i'm like a spring chicken. it had been a month and i was using wolfthorn old spice underarm and someone i work with was like wow you smell amazing ^^
i kinda like the dead skin that floats on the water when i do end up showering.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I take chlorophyll supplements so my body never smells, and I trim my own hair to an eighth of an inch. However, beard stubble interferes with my comfort in trying to sleep, and I do not like wetting my face only for shaving at the sink, so I'll shower every few days when I am housebound, shaving in the shower, washing with original Irish Spring bar soap and using a crystal deodorant stick (which lasts me about two years, LOL). I shave my beard closely against the grain so I can go a few days before I need to shave again.

For me, it's about physical comfort inside my own skin these days.

Before driving out for any reason, shopping or appointments, I always take a shower & shave, trimming my hair first.

When I had long hair, long before I ever started using chlorophyll supplements, I had to shower every day, but I was also physically exerting myself then, and my skin was oily when I was younger. Now, with degenerative disk disease and bone spurs in my neck and back, I can't exert myself enough to work up a sweat.

Given an active social life, daily job or volunteer situation, I'd still be showering every day.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Once a day and sometimes 2 times a day if I go out. Everytime I go out I get sweaty immediately, I have hyperhidrosis and it's ruining my life and I feel like some water monster that leaves sweaty traces every where I go. If don't shower I feel disgusting so I have to do it at least once a day so that I can sleep in peace

I also have hyperhidrosis, and perspiring that heavily is among the reasons I qualified for job disability, as it's hard to be an electrician or work over papers when perspiration is splattering off the face, hands and body.

Walking for exercise in footwear is impossible because of how severe the blisters can get. I've read books on walking and running barefoot as a way to prevent my feet from blistering (and to strengthen my foot muscles against plantar fasciitis).

Fortunately, the chlorophyll supplements I take keep all that sweat clean smelling, but my clothes can get soaked dripping wet very quickly when I'm shoveling snow or doing light yard work.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
1-2x per week. It takes a lot of energy out of me but I usually feel better afterwards. I can't manage to take a quick shower. Every time I feel like, since it's been a few days since I've showered, I need to really scrub. I shave because I can't stand how the hair feels on my legs & underarms. If I have to wash my hair, that's even more of a production. It's just so draining to me that I have to work up the energy to do it. I don't judge anyone for how often they do or don't shower. However, I do a bit of a "whore bath" daily - just the important bits. :tongue:

Showering's a task for me as well, so when I do go in, I stay under the warmth and steam for a while, taking my time. This is actually when I seem to relax most and do my best thinking (such as it is).

Being something of a desert rat, my "whore bath" is actually a dry dust bath using Columbia Antiseptic Powder, a product that's been around since 1871, has carbolic acid, boric acid and zinc oxide as active ingredients and coarse talc as an inorganic base (since organic corn starch feeds fungus). I've used Columbia Powder for ages as an aftershave powder as well as a fungus preventative. (Just one application will kill athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, yeast infections and other topical organic infections, but females should only use it as needed because of the cervical cancer risk from the talc content. Columbia Powder is the most powerful antifungal agent ever created.) I have oily skin and a shiny head and face after showering and shaving, but dusting my head eliminates that shine.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I also have hyperhidrosis, and perspiring that heavily is among the reasons I qualified for job disability, as it's hard to be an electrician or work over papers when perspiration is splattering off the face, hands and body.

Walking for exercise in footwear is impossible because of how severe the blisters can get. I've read books on walking and running barefoot as a way to prevent my feet from blistering (and to strengthen my foot muscles against plantar fasciitis).

Fortunately, the chlorophyll supplements I take keep all that sweat clean smelling, but my clothes can get soaked dripping wet very quickly when I'm shoveling snow or doing light yard work.
I'm the opposite. I have anhidrosis. I can't sweat at all. I could go days I guess if I wanted without showering or bathing... but I can't.. I have to make sure I'm well hydrated and cool if I exercise or do anything that requires exertion.
Sounds like a dream, hyperhidrosis is absolute hell

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Sounds like a dream, hyperhidrosis is absolute hell

It has its perks... but it also comes with increased risk of heatstroke, heat exhaustion and seizures :(

Given the choice, I'll take the hand I've been dealt. I can't labor very well with heavy sweat blinding my eyes, but I have been in situations where anhidrosis might have killed me.

Although I have not tried various methods for reducing the severity of hyperhidrosis, they do exist.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Given the choice, I'll take the hand I've been dealt. I can't labor very well with heavy sweat blinding my eyes, but I have been in situations where anhidrosis might have killed me.

Although I have not tried various methods for reducing the severity of hyperhidrosis, they do exist.
I have cooling bands if I'm working out or hiking in the summer. But I agree, some environments can be deadly. Growing up with it though has made me aware of what I can and can't do. :)

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I don't shower my whole body that often. Maybe once a week...I might add that I literally don't sweat and don't move that much.
Every second day I either wash my hair or most of my body though.
But if I could I wouldn't shower at all...
I don't like the way my body feels and I feel vulnerable without clothes.

SweetTangerine

SweetTangerine

ᴸᵉᵗ ᵘˢ ᵖˡᵃʸ, ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗᵉˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵃᵍᵉˢ!!
Nov 9, 2020
i shower every day because if i don't shower for a long time i get super anxious and shaky due to weird trauma i guess.

we don't have hot water in our shower though, so i just wash my hair, scrub where it's needed, and go.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
i shower every day because if i don't shower for a long time i get super anxious and shaky due to weird trauma i guess.

we don't have hot water in our shower though, so i just wash my hair, scrub where it's needed, and go.
Showering with cold water is hardcore!
Kudos the you.
I already find it dreadful enough with warm water, haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: SweetTangerine
SweetTangerine

SweetTangerine

ᴸᵉᵗ ᵘˢ ᵖˡᵃʸ, ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗᵉˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵃᵍᵉˢ!!
Nov 9, 2020
Showering with cold water is hardcore!
Kudos the you.
I already find it dreadful enough with warm water, haha.
haha ty for the kudos. i havent felt warm water in months goodness. and the cold water sometimes wakes me up, especially before school lol.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
Daily.

But I often have days when the last thing I want to do is get wet. But then I force myself to shower anyway... work and all.

Reactions: Ghost2211
self.destractive

self.destractive

ick/icks, they/them
Dec 11, 2020
every day, brushing my teeth is a whole nother story though

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211