• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have a different mindset than many people here in this forum. But I just want to speak about my own case. My parents truely ruined my life but they also truely love me. My parents might die if I kill myself. However, this is not the main reason I don't do it now. It is rather a strategical consideration. I am heavily dependent on my parents. Financiallly, household everything. My mom had two strokes recently. She might won't survive another one or way worse she might become severely disabled when she learns about my suicide (attempt). My personal horror scenario is I survive my suicide attempt and my parents die or become disabled. This is basically what keeps me alive currently. I might wait for it until they retire if I am able to stomach the pain until then. But I increasingly have the feeling I am reaching my pain limit.

When I was acute suicidal my best friends who knew about my plans were very concerned and begged me to go to a clinic. They also would visit me and stuff like that. They don't want to lose a good friend like me. The message really touched me and I had to cry a lot. Since this incident I feel more uncomfortable to share my plans with my friends. They felt very stressed.

As much I love my friends and as much as this nightmare scenario with my parents makes me hellish anxious. I have the feeling I cannot stomach much more. When I told my dad I considered to kill myself because of college he told me I should rather quit college before I kill myself because of it. And I really appreciated this comment. This was exactly the comment I had waited for. I don't want to quit college now but I really don't need more pressure. But he also said my suicide would ruin our family. He is right about that but I disliked giving my a guilty conscience.

Here in this forum some people don't see suicide as a last resort option. I see my suicide as last resort. I see there is some value in life the moment you were born. I would not procreate but I am certainly no promortalist. Suicide for me comes a long with many fears and it is a living hell. Despite all of that. I would live a mediocre life. But my life is not mediocre at all. My life quality is a joke and the prospect of my future is terrible.

There are some people who don't speak with anyone before their suicide about their plans. Not a few do this. This is not my approach. I have tried over 25 different medication. I have been through 3 psychotherapies and I had 5 clinic stays and soon I will probably add my sixth. It is kind of cool that I live in a country where most of these treatments are completely free. And I feel like I should appreciate that I was born in such a rich country and see it as some sort of privilege. But I am more and more at the end of the rope. Despite the fact hanging won't be my method. I told me friends it does not matter when I kill myself they have to endure it one day eventually anyway. My friends told me they could cope better with my suicide if I had been through more therapy. But I think their main concern was that soon after ordering my SN I was pretty impulsive and already planned to take it shortly afterwards. I think their concern was my impulsivity might be irrational. I also feel like with SN at home I won't survive major life crises anymore. I think my impulsivity could beat my SI. But there is this 8 hour fasting period which makes it more difficult.

I think I have tried enough. But maybe I should wait till poverty hits. There are still some things I can enjoy. The current consideration is either to kill myself now or to take a break from college. The clinic stay could temporarily increase my life quality. And there are still some David Foster Wallace stories I would like to finish before I kill myself.

Can you relate with such questions? The question: When have you done enough to prevent the mental agony of your loved ones? I have a guilty conscience for ruining other peoples lives. Especially the lives of my innocent friends. I once met a guy in a clinic. He was really weird. He told everyone he wants to become chancellor of Germany and emphasized this is not a joke. This guy was pretty much of a complete wreck. (similar to me). He told me it started with the suicide of his girlfriend I think when he was 20. This dude became sort of insane because of it. However, I also met people who coped with such a loss better. It might be Russian roulette. I don't know.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Me personally- I can't currently justify inflicting the pain of my suicide on my Dad. If I was in a lot of physical/ mental pain, I think the balance would shift and I'd maybe try to get him to accept that it would be kinder to let me go.

I've largely lost contact with the rest of my friends and family- partly deliberately, so I'm hoping that distance would help. Plus, the friends closest to me know I've been suicidal since childhood.

I think it's such a personal journey though. It partly depends on how effective treatment is for us. I've had next to no treatment compared to you. A handful of sessions with a college therapist years ago and one course of Fluoexetine. I still feel justified in how I feel though. Life just doesn't hold much interest for me I suppose. It doesn't seem worth the effort. My family and friends aren't around me. I haven't seen many of them going on 5, 10, some, 20 years. I suppose I have a certain amount of obstinance to me. I simply don't see why I should live as a pawn to capitalism when I don't actually want to. Eventually, when my Dad goes, I think I won't feel the obligation to stay anymore.

C

cosmic-freedom

Mar 18, 2024
I grew with my mother being chronically ill most of the time,(since I was six) and she has been through numerous major surgeries.She is a wreck yet she still her best to provide for us and she is the best mother ever.I love her a lot.All this,while we had to put up with this narcissistic demon sucking the life out of us,whom I unfortunately call "father".He is more of a demon that human.Pure evil.He is the whole reason I want to ctb.My mom sure would be heartbroken but she knows I would do it if I am pushed into a corner.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant
Y

yaraisasadgirl

Pro fruit ninja player :p
Apr 2, 2024
No need to justify your pain. Enough is enough, if you can't or don't want to anymore that choice is in your hands

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I respect your position entirely.

You've tried everything to get better, you've endured a lot and you've tried to show appreciation for life.

You've gone through years of medication and therapies but it hasn't worked.

I'd say if anyone can justify their suicide is someone who has genuinely tried to get better.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
My mother was just diagnosed with stage four terminal cancer so I have the same question, to go before or after ? Idk.

And yes I can relate they totally destroyed my life, and there's some resentment there. But they love me, I guess who knows. They just didn't know how to raise kids. Toxic Parents.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
My mother was just diagnosed with stage four terminal cancer so I have the same question, to go before or after ? Idk.

And yes I can relate they totally destroyed my life, and there's some resentment there. But they love me, I guess who knows. They just didn't know how to raise kids. Toxic Parents.

How long does she have left? if you don't mind me asking.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I think you tried your best and unfortunately it was not enough. That's life. Some people are just unable to enjoy life. No matter what meds they were on, what therapies they tried, and so forth.
For my part, I think that when someone tried their best and is still unhappy, they're not to blame if they CTB.