G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
100% life circumstance. Im capable and good at finding joy in life. I can even find all the small things in life that make life that little bit brighter.... I'm also very realistic about quality of life, and don't lie to myself about life being below tolerable condition.

Reactions: mellow and lex
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
It's primarily from life situation. Sure, I don't HAVE to kill myself but to remain and live the rest of my life as a gimp... Death is the more appealing option. Quack shrinks think all depression stems from faulty brain chemistry rather than being a rational reaction to a situation.
Hi Wayfaerer, this is dead on. It can be rational due to a life situation then a drawn out plan. I'll be damned if I'm going to live the rest of my life as a gimp either. So I feel for ya.

If I had to put a # on it then for me it's this.
70% life situation (Accident health).
30% Depression.
I have had depression my whole life and other problems but they were manageable but getting worse though with age. I figure it's likely I would have still ctb later in life even without the life situation. Now with what happened (life situation) nothing is manageable. Some people are definitly predisposed to certain problems and are at a higher risk for ctb but it still doesn't mean that they will. Everybody is different and i don't think ctb can ever be fully summed up to a simple answer. All it takes for anybody is the right crisis and bam anybody is capable of ctb even he or she who appears indestructible and is very religious. People can only handle so much suffering.

Reactions: DamnYourEyes
D

DamnYourEyes

Aug 10, 2020
This —> "People can only handle so much suffering."
Yes! This, exactly! I've seen people go from grateful to hateful soooo fast it blows my mind, (pardon the pun)!

Reactions: Passersby
C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
100% life situations. depression is also coz of life situations. everything is coz of life situations.

Reactions: DamnYourEyes and mellow