• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
Another day, another failed procedure for my medical problem. I straight up told my new pain management doctor why is it that the medical establishment can completely screw you up and then just string you along while you wait home in agony for appointments that are sometimes months away while relying on medications just to get by. I have lost the joy in even the most simplest of things like even eating what I used to enjoy. All I want is some honesty. If you can't fix this then just tell me that I'm screwed and better off dead. Or at least there is nothing that we can do. I've met some asshole and some real compassionate doctors. He's the good type and his response was that we will never tell you that. I was never a sickly kid and barely went to the doctors until I unfortunately trusted psychiatrists as real doctors. That's simply not the way medicine works. You have to diagnose through a test and then treat. What tests are there for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder which they diagnose people with like crazy the same way they diagnose kids with ADHD. Shizoaffective is the most popular diagnose cause they can put you on powerful shit that you will never be able to get off of. I tried and I got completely screwed. I'm being patient and waiting for my answer but at some point I really feel like I'm gonna snap because I went from a happy and hopeful person to suicidally depressed because of stupid doctors. I feel like a trapped animal and I'm about to fucking lose it. I begged a doctor to put in the hospital to figure this shit out, but no sorry we can't do that. We can put you in a psych ward where you waste fucking weeks at a time because you are supposedly "a danger to yourself". How do you want me to be happy and productive where you've given me something that is completely life altering, debilitating. Of course I'm gonna feel like dying you stupid mother fucker.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I'm trapped also they put me on an antipsychotic that I didn't need. Now trying to get off it but so sick. Was never like this before med now I just want it all to end. If I dont get help soon I will end it.

L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
I'm trapped also they put me on an antipsychotic that I didn't need. Now trying to get off it but so sick. Was never like this before med now I just want it all to end. If I dont get help soon I will end it.

: /

antipsychotics are rough and bs.

do you want guides on tapering?

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Trying to take myself off but really makes me sick with anxiety nausea insomnia

Luckily I didn't get the nausea, but I experienced tons of anxiety and insomnia, and also brain zaps.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Many years ago, my docs in school put me on psychotropic after psychotropic. I had severe side effects with all and got no relief from any. Then the head of our university health services told me, "You're treatment resistant." I stopped trying drugs, the side effects waned, and I was left with my standard suicidal ideation. Years later I read the published articles about the gross reporting bias for psychopharmaceuticals. The industries (pharmaceutics, medicine, "mental health") knew all along the evidence for support (that the drugs are effective...) was exceedingly scant and the counter-evidence vastly outweighed the corroborations of their pet hypotheses. But then the mental health industry uses antiquated rationalism to define rather than empirically confirm cognitive states as if they were legitimate pathologies.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I cant live like this, cznt even get out of my house. I'm terrified of everything and never used to be that way. I'm angry and sick and just want it to end. Never had thoughts like this before.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I cant live like this, cznt even get out of my house. I'm terrified of everything and never used to be that way. I'm angry and sick and just want it to end. Never had thoughts like this before.

I know what you mean. At least some. I also suffer debilitating anxiety when I have to leave my "home." I literally feel like I'm going to pass out when I'm around others--even if I'm at a stop light and the driver next to me looks in my direction... "Terrified of everything" indeed. :/

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I know what you mean. At least some. I also suffer debilitating anxiety when I have to leave my "home." I literally feel like I'm going to pass out when I'm around others--even if I'm at a stop light and the driver next to me looks in my direction... "Terrified of everything" indeed. :/
I haven't even driven in months have to pay someone to take me to doctor , my family thinks I should be fine. I've tried to explain but no one listens.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer