If you died today how many people would miss you?

• 1-3

• 4-7

• 8-12

• 13-17

• +18

Results are only viewable after voting.
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
If you died today how many people would miss you? Like that would genuinely feel pain that you are no longer around.

I have 12 and 9 are family members.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, ropearoundatree and Kit1
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
At least one I hope.
0 family members

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Kit1, Redacted24 and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Maybe 5 or 6 people- all friends. As for family, I think my step relations would feel weird but I'm not convinced they would grieve exactly. Our relationship is strained. My distant family are very distant. Just how much can you miss someone you haven't seen in 25-30 years? Again- I think they would find the thought of it upsetting but, not exactly a deep grief- I'd hope. Same goes for work colleagues. Put that way, it doesn't seem so bad. Of course, if I went now- there's my Dad to worry about- which is why I've hung on.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Kit1, Redacted24 and 2 others
SaveOurLastGoodbye

SaveOurLastGoodbye

Looking at bus schedules
Jan 14, 2024
My family probably would.

I don't have that many friends, so probably 2 or 3 people I talk to on Discord. Then again, no one ever messages me first so I have to call into question how much even they care. People are too busy with their own shit to ever talk to me, even when it feels like I've done so much to help them it just feels like they just don't care.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, TheErdy, Kit1 and 3 others
D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Maybe 5 or so people would miss me, they all would understand why I CTB.
Most would understand my decision and respect it knowing what I have been through and deal with on a daily basis in my life, 2 would definitely be angry and feel that somehow I failed them.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Redacted24 and breezeboy
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
hmmm. technically 3 due to familial obligation, but they don't have the right to mourn me, none of them actually know me. they couldn't tell u my fav color/book/food, or prob even my middle name.

so really it's 0, but i answered 1-3 due to the aforementioned technicality.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Kit1, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Probably no one. Even on here there's so many people that come and go it's very unlikely I'll be missed. Doesn't help that I've always been more of a lurker than a social person whether online or irl.

Could be worse though since I doubt anyone will be glad I'm gone based on hatred.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Kit1, Redacted24 and 1 other person
byebyeblondie

byebyeblondie

Jun 24, 2023
I think my dad might miss me. My mum would be upset but she'd turn it in a big thing for getting sympathy and the rest of her side of the family would say how selfish I am. They wouldn't miss me though, they don't even like me.

I think that whilst people might gossip about my suicide, they wouldn't stop to miss me or shed a tear. I'd be quickly forgotten.

The 3 people who mean more than anything to me are so young that they'd never remember me to miss me.

so 1 maybe 2 people would miss me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, breezeboy, Kit1 and 1 other person
Ico

Ico

Jun 27, 2023
Exactly two: My wife and daughter. It's because of them that I drag this broken meat suit into work to subsidize their happiness and continued comfort. Just crawling through life while pretending that there is some intrinsic joy to the meaningless drag of day-to-day existence.

On the plus side, I am immune compromised. It's only a matter of time before the next series of covid re-infections, so maybe there might be some respite.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lotus11, AvoidingMyself, Chronicoverwhelm and 3 others
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
One elderly parent. One elderly wife of my father. Two kids. Three friends. Two coworkers for a passing moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, breezeboy and Kit1
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
As much as I'd like to think it's 0, I know there's going to be at least 1 to 3 sentimental idiots who would.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: SnakesButNoLadder, AvoidingMyself, breezeboy and 2 others
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
My parents might play the role of grieving parents, but it would be a show they have no right to perform. I haven't been in any contact with them for several years, they never much cared for me when I was a child, and left me to fend for myself when I was around 14 or 15. If I had any way of achieving it, I would block them from hearing about my death. The only realistic way to accomplish that however would be to die in a way where my corpse is never found, and that would require more effort than I'm willing to put towards this. Probably. The more I think about that option, the more enticing it becomes.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, breezeboy and Kit1
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
3 but only because of family. I mean, I live in the same house as my family but I don't really talk to them that often. I just rot in my room all day. Nonetheless, they will miss me, not because of me but only because I just happen to share the same bloodline as them

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself and breezeboy
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Exactly two: My wife and daughter. It's because of them that I drag this broken meat suit into work to subsidize their happiness and continued comfort. Just crawling through life while pretending that there is some intrinsic joy to the meaningless drag of day-to-day existence.

On the plus side, I am immune compromised. It's only a matter of time before the next series of covid re-infections, so maybe there might be some respite.
Please don't try to get Covid. That's not the way to go.

C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
My parents, other would maybe sob and throw some flowers but would very soon forget about my very existence

• Hugs
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, ropearoundatree and breezeboy
marabellasol

marabellasol

💕
Nov 4, 2023
I know my friends and family will miss me but i know they can move on

• Hugs
TheErdy

TheErdy

Jan 13, 2024
Only my mother would really miss me. My father and my sister only contact us when they need something. I only see the rest of the family (3 people) every 3-4 months and then they act like they are interested in me but never contact me.
I still have 3 wannabee friends who maybe contact me once a month and ask how I'm doing and a real friend who has been looking after me for over 7 months and listens to all my shitty worries.
Still, I feel really alone

• Hugs
  • Love
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I have 3. My Mom, my Dad… & my Sister. And that's it! ;)

• Hugs
O

over.the.rainbow

Dec 23, 2023
5 - My mom, grandma, sibling, spouse, and 1 friend…I think.. 🤔

• Hugs
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I'm in the boat of having 0 family members and 0 friends, I'm gonna disappear without anyone noticing except the landlords.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: idontwantausername, AvoidingMyself, ropearoundatree and 1 other person
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
To all the voters who said 0 or even anyone else-

If you ever need someone to be there for you or just listen please send a message.
You are not a burden and everyone deserves to have at least one person they can confide in.

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, TheErdy, lotus_pink and 1 other person
miaumiau

miaumiau

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.
Jan 15, 2024
Only immediate family probably. My parents, my brother and my boyfriend. I don't think my brother cares that much about me but who knows.

• Hugs
slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
im sure that there would be many ppl sad about me dying. people from uni, my friends, old friends, my relatives and more. but i dont care about them as harsh as it sounds. the only reason why I'm trying to keep going is my mother, my little brother and my cats. no matter how many ppl will miss me they will neve hold me back from ctb except my mom. I'm angry at her. i begged her many times to let me go. but she wont. and i respect that.

ilied

ilied

imsorry
Sep 29, 2023
if i asked i know so many people would say they'd miss me however i just don't think that's true they might say it out of formality or kindness, but nothing would change if i were to disappear. i love all these people, i just don't think they need me.

• Hugs
Reactions: breezeboy and AvoidingMyself
idontwantausername

idontwantausername

Jan 5, 2024
Zero. My wife and I plan to leave together. It'll probably take months or longer for anyone to figure out what happened.

• Hugs
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and breezeboy
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
Probably like eleven, if you include my dog.

As a question for a suicide forum it really makes people rethink.

• Love
Reactions: breezeboy
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
No one. I've lived alone and die alone
No one. I've lived alone and die alone

• Hugs
O

over.the.rainbow

Dec 23, 2023
To all the voters who said 0 or even anyone else-

If you ever need someone to be there for you or just listen please send a message.
You are not a burden and everyone deserves to have at least one person they can confide in.
I didn't say 0, but people like you give me hope in humanity. Thank you.

• Love
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Quite a bit, but I'm not kind enough to care. Grief feels like nothing compared to suffering.

notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
My parents and maybe one of my friends

• Hugs