Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Besides me, I don't get out that much. I go on depressing solo road trips to scout out possible suicide locations.

• Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, newave3 and S like suicide
bear_trapped

bear_trapped

taking it one day at a time
Feb 13, 2020
school, work, and doctor appointments. those are the only times i ever leave the house and it's only because i have to

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I went out for the first time in months last night and regret it all today. Should of just stayed inside alone and crying per usual
Did anything happen to make it upsetting, or was it just a waste of time? When did this pattern start for you?

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I went out for the first time in months last night and regret it all today. Should of just stayed inside alone and crying per usual
I'm sorry to read this...i hug you:)
Besides me, I don't get out that much. I go on depressing solo road trips to scout out possible suicide locations.
I'm so sad to read this :( I understand, it happens to me too when I go out and walk to observe the buildings and try to imagine if they are okay to commit suicide...:(
school, work, and doctor appointments. those are the only times i ever leave the house and it's only because i have to
I have no commitment instead ... I live almost like a prisoner in my own home, a prisoner of depression and social anxiety

Last edited:
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
For years....and when I'm trying to go out...I like there is no reason

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, Dead Meat and S like suicide
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I use to go out a lot more with my old friends about 6 years ago however after a toxic encounter with my aggressive ex I haven't been the same and been even more traumatized so I now lost desire to interact with people and turned to alcohol instead to numb the loneliness. I rarely go out maybe once every few months with family members or my younger sister invites me out with her friends. I hate how unsociable I have become

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, Dead Meat, vodolazkiy12 and 2 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Just work and the necessary shopping. EVERY weekend my co workers plan a get together.. a night out or at someone's house and I get invited but I make up excuses every time until they just gave up on me and don't invite me anymore. My college friends and people I even knew from high school would reach out to me every now and then and ask me if I wanted to hang out, again endless excuses. Never been good at this whole social gatherings fun. I tried tho and I would still try every now and then but I just feel different from everyone there. Makes me feel extra lonely which I hate. I'd rather feel lonely alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
For years....and when I'm trying to go out...I like there is no reason
I instead try to find a reason to stay. those few times when I necessarily have to go out I tell myself that there is no really need to,just to avoid going out and so i postpone every time, until a month or more passes before I leave the house
I use to go out a lot more with my old friends about 6 years ago however after a toxic encounter with my aggressive ex I haven't been the same and been even more traumatized so I now lost desire to interact with people and turned to alcohol instead to numb the loneliness. I rarely go out maybe once every few months with family members or my younger sister invites me out with her friends. I hate how unsociable I have become
I am very sorry that your ex traumatized you to such an extent that you lost the desire to go out with your friends ... it must have been really terrible if what happened was able to change you as a person.I hope you can rejoice again ... and hang out with your old friends
Never been good at this whole social gatherings fun. I tried tho and I would still try every now and then but I just feel different from everyone there. Makes me feel extra lonely which I hate.
the same for me.I have always had problems in social situations and in the midst of people I often feel alone ... and often in the past if they invited me to go out I invented excuses, now no one invites me to go out anymore but I must admit that also feeling alone when i'm alone hurts a lot.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, WitheringAway, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
V

vodolazkiy12

Jun 27, 2021
Thank you, needed a hug today :)
I'm sorry to read this...i hug you:)

I'm so sad to read this :( I understand, it happens to me too when I go out and walk to observe the buildings and try to imagine if they are okay to commit suicide...:(

I have no commitment instead ... I live almost like a prisoner in my own home, a prisoner of depression and social anxiety
h
Did anything happen to make it upsetting, or was it just a waste of time? When did this pattern start for you?
Just started drinking and sometimes when I drink it makes the ctb thoughts worse due to thinking about the people that meant everything to me and just kinda...decided I had no place in their lives. Some lied, cheated etc. And what hurts the most is i would still die for these people, but I'm so insignificant, I'm invisible, just nothing to anyone. I want nothing more than to just not wake up. The drinking started 3 years ago, when my husband and I split up for the 3rd time in 8 years. I caught him cheating, but of course with him it was always my fault. So I drank. From the time I got up, to the time I passed out. Then I messed up my stomach. So then I turned back to drugs and self isolating in my apartment, not even caring if I had to go grocery shopping. Now I just stay inside and cry this year. This past year though he has tried to come back, but it seems it hurts that way too. I'm in limbo with everything in my life and I don't know where to go or who to turn to.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Dead Meat and S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Thank you, needed a hug today :)

h

Just started drinking and sometimes when I drink it makes the ctb thoughts worse due to thinking about the people that meant everything to me and just kinda...decided I had no place in their lives. Some lied, cheated etc. And what hurts the most is i would still die for these people, but I'm so insignificant, I'm invisible, just nothing to anyone. I want nothing more than to just not wake up. The drinking started 3 years ago, when my husband and I split up for the 3rd time in 8 years. I caught him cheating, but of course with him it was always my fault. So I drank. From the time I got up, to the time I passed out. Then I messed up my stomach. So then I turned back to drugs and self isolating in my apartment, not even caring if I had to go grocery shopping. Now I just stay inside and cry this year. This past year though he has tried to come back, but it seems it hurts that way too. I'm in limbo with everything in my life and I don't know where to go or who to turn to.
It is absolutly not your fault...it hurts read this because i believe that you are important as a person and reading how much you have hurt yourself is very sad, also because I understand very well ... I have been hurt myself too very much, and I would like both of us to learn to love ourself more even if others don't.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I go to work and the grocery store. I don't know anyone- and going out also means spending money usually.

If I didn't get food stamps I would probably try one of those meal subscription boxes so I wouldn't have to go in public as much.

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D, Élégie, S like suicide and 1 other person
brutalus

brutalus

Student
Jun 14, 2021
i sometimes stay in for months, get food delivered. when i go out i fear confrontation. one time it was my birthday, so i decided to treat myself to a prostitute. i went to a nearby town and got in a motel. when the woman arrived i didnt like her. i offered to pay for her cab but she wanted the whole payment and got violent. she called her pimp and we argued. he slapped my face and dropped my glasses. he stepped on them and broke them. i was furious. i beat the shit out of him and landed some punches on the woman too. on the way back home my hand hurt a lot. it turns out i broke it, got a 3k usd surgery and wondered why i left the house in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, S like suicide and Dead Meat
V

vodolazkiy12

Jun 27, 2021
It is absolutly not your fault...it hurts read this because i believe that you are important as a person and reading how much you have hurt yourself is very sad, also because I understand very well ... I have been hurt myself too very much, and I would like both of us to learn to love ourself more even if others don't.
I caught my man cheating again today. Theres no self worth left. Its been shattered into a million pieces and i just want out

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: S like suicide, Dead Meat and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I caught my man cheating again today. Theres no self worth left. Its been shattered into a million pieces and i just want out
I'm sorry. Cheaters rarely change.

S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
and going out also means spending money usually.
Yeah...exactly,not much money to spend...me too
i sometimes stay in for months, get food delivered. when i go out i fear confrontation. one time it was my birthday, so i decided to treat myself to a prostitute. i went to a nearby town and got in a motel. when the woman arrived i didnt like her. i offered to pay for her cab but she wanted the whole payment and got violent. she called her pimp and we argued. he slapped my face and dropped my glasses. he stepped on them and broke them. i was furious. i beat the shit out of him and landed some punches on the woman too. on the way back home my hand hurt a lot. it turns out i broke it, got a 3k usd surgery and wondered why i left the house in the first place.
I fear confrontationts too...a lot,i live always scared by others.I'm so sorry about your bad experience ... your hand and your broken glasses :( You couldn't even enjoy some sex on your birthday .... I'm so sorry but you kicked them asses...That's cool man!!claps
I'm really sorry about this...:( this man is really a big asshole!!!

Last edited:
I

I'm scared

Feb 16, 2021
Is it okay to ask what changed..? My agoraphobia developed at age 13, so I can imagine how tough it is on her :aw: thank you for the kind words, by the way. I'm hoping I get that dream bus ride too :heart:
My daughter was also 13,she started getting dizzy at around 10 and wanting to go home.The pressure of a place in a very good school didn't help.I was very kind and have tried to help but sadly I am broken now.Your bus ride will happen just keep trying,I had a phase of not being able to use public transport and would stand letting buses go pretending they were the wrong bus but I did it in the end and the joy of a 10 minutes journey was great.Also I find trains easier as you can move about

Z

Zeo

Feb 26, 2021
It's been about a year and 4 months I've probably left the house less than 10 times in that period. This isn't by choice, it's simply all I'm allowed thanks to covid ruining everything. My country is currently in a state of emergency. I think it'll be a long time before I'm allowed to leave the house and live a normal life, maybe years.

• Hugs
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
It's been about a year and 4 months I've probably left the house less than 10 times in that period. This isn't by choice, it's simply all I'm allowed thanks to covid ruining everything. My country is currently in a state of emergency. I think it'll be a long time before I'm allowed to leave the house and live a normal life, maybe years.
yes, this shitty covid unfortunately made it all worse

hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
i already said i rarely leave my house. i really don't know how others can handle it. to go out there. it makes me cry

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D and S like suicide
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I don't go out because I have nowhere to go. I feel completely rejected and abandoned. My food is delivered. In fact everything is delivered to my shitty house even convenience store stuff. Can't wait for all this to be over and done with.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk, Élégie, milly and 4 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm nearly housebound, due to increasing physical debility.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk, Élégie, D&D and 3 others
Lynh

Lynh

Lost in limbo
Jan 4, 2020
Yo tengo Muchos Ataques de ansiedad y pánico, al contrario yo no quiero salir de casa, Me Cuesta Mucho me quedo paralizada y hecha un ovillo en la cama, me pongo a llorar y me siento muy impotente, triste, y cuando duermo me gustaría no despertar jamás.
Estoy igual esperando el momento de hacer ctb.
Pero aun me quedan 8 años.
En 2020 me puse una fecha de caducidad, 10 años. A ver si eso facilitaría las cosas, y haría un poco más llevadera esta supervivencia (porque esto no es vivir, vivir es disfrutar, tener esperanza, encontrar sentido a las cosas que haces).
Espero que para el 2030 no tenga obligaciones y pueda partir siendo libre. Ahora mismo soy prisonera de una vida dolorosa, llena de angustia y ya siento que no me quedan fuerzas para luchar.
Me estoy lanzando al abandono, dice una de mis psicólogas. Pero no se como seguir luchando si no me quedan fuerzas para salir de este pozo oscuro y profundo.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Joarga, S like suicide and rationaltake
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Me. For months on end. And when I have to go out to buy necessities, it is harder each time. Harder to leave my place, harder to interact with people even at the basic level.

I think there are stages of withdrawal from life; from being introverted, to alone, then lonely, isolated, marginalized and finally ... a shadow. Existing only in one's own head, in memories of life that once was. Bidding a farewell to it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, Lynh, S like suicide and 1 other person
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I go out only when I have to (like grocery shopping) and even then I get irritated. I don't have what it takes to deal with the bullshit of humans.

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, GentleJerk, Lynh and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Me. I usually only leave to move my sisters around wherever they need to go or hang out with my friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lynh, GentleJerk and S like suicide
T

Todas

Dec 26, 2021
I go out like every other day to have a walk Because I feel like I have to get some exercise
I drive a little bit away from home to not be seen from someone I know

• Hugs
Reactions: Lynh and S like suicide
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Hi guys, I was wondering how many of you never leave the house like me? I have never left the house for almost a month now. I only go out if it is strictly necessary ... like buying something to eat and basic necessities. I spend time sleeping, eating something and feeling bad because I can't do much else besides being in bed.Actually since last month...in the evening here where i live it is as if I were in a disco because various near clubs play loud music until 1 am and a lot of people have fun screaming happy!Yay -.- what a torture is this -.-
What about you others? How often do you go out? Where do you go? Do you have a job or hobbies or just go for a walk?

View attachment 70285
I never leave the house unless I absolutely have to. Like today - I have to take library books back - I'll go after dark - I never leave my house - never speak to anyone I go weeks, months without talking to anyone (except my cat)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight, art, Élégie and 2 others
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Still saving dat money tho!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lynh and S like suicide
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I rarely go outside anymore, but I am going to force myself to go out at least once or twice per week, even if it is just for snacks and juice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and S like suicide
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I've got better lately. I mean. I walk outside most days. I attend a support group, meet with a case worker every few weeks, talk to a support worker on the phone plus the occasional friend and my mum. Actually signed up for a philosophy class at an adult education college last week would you believe. Compared to the classic hikikomori I'm a social butterfly, it's all relative isn't it. I became generally more withdrawn over the last decade. Inevitable with chronic passive suicidality I think. Lately I've been trying to put myself out there more. We'll see.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, Élégie and S like suicide