S

ShellofmyFormerSelf

Oct 4, 2020
My daughter is 15 and has severe agrophobia.She used to be out doing sport every night.She wants to go to our lake and draw like we used to.I hope you get your dream bus ride
Is it okay to ask what changed..? My agoraphobia developed at age 13, so I can imagine how tough it is on her :aw: thank you for the kind words, by the way. I'm hoping I get that dream bus ride too :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, demuic and S like suicide
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
There's nowhere to go other than the grocery store and to buy cigs. Sometimes I go out to eat...I really hate seeing old people. Everyone bothers me, but especially old people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, kappa and S like suicide
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
I'm agoraphobic and social phobic. I don't even feel comfortable going into the chat room. I was feeling bad about being so alone all my life just now and yesterday but I was relieved hat I could turn down a relative's invitation to come over next
Saturday because I now work remotely Saturdays. I have the medications to control my anxierty
but I'm usually in a rush to get home.

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, demuic and S like suicide
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I don't go outside for social reasons, but I go out often enough. Sometimes for work, school, family time, personal shopping, etc.

There was a point where I would only go outside if I was forced to, such as going to school (grade school so my parents were bound by the law to make me go) or to the doctor. Otherwise I'd be too scared and refuse to go. Social anxiety is fun lol

Honestly if you have SAD, it's not worth beating yourself up over how often you go out. I go out a decent amount but it's usually very stressful because of the anxiety. It's important to get controlled exposure so that eventually you can actually enjoy going out. What helped me most in starting to go out again was doing short bursts. Like sometimes I'd walk home from school, and once I was comfortable with that, I'd take different paths or sit on a bench for a little bit. It always feels scary and like people will think you're totally nuts, and there were a few times where people would look at me weird since I was a grade schooler with a giant backpack wandering around and staring at the sky in complete fear while crying lol but eventually, you realize that no one actually cares that much about what you're doing. The physical feelings associated with anxiety start to go away, and then you'll be going outside because you're bored and want to take a walk. And people will just look at you and move on, because you will seem like any other comfortable person living their life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Boochky and S like suicide
V

vodolazkiy12

Jun 27, 2021
Hi guys, I was wondering how many of you never leave the house like me? I have never left the house for almost a month now. I only go out if it is strictly necessary ... like buying something to eat and basic necessities. I spend time sleeping, eating something and feeling bad because I can't do much else besides being in bed.Actually since last month...in the evening here where i live it is as if I were in a disco because various near clubs play loud music until 1 am and a lot of people have fun screaming happy!Yay -.- what a torture is this -.-
What about you others? How often do you go out? Where do you go? Do you have a job or hobbies or just go for a walk?

View attachment 70285
For the last 3 years I've been slowly getting worse with this exact same thing, this past year has became extremely difficult to even go out for basic things, no desire to see the outside world, the people who inhabit it, or been seen by them. I have been slowly but surely disappearing from the outside world to the point of literally being non-existent.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Boochky, Alwaysbadtime and 2 others
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I'm the same way, I hate leaving the house unless it's for basic necessities. However unless it's 2am-3am, I won't step outside because the chances of seeing anyone besides the workers are very slim. I'm not sure it's social anxiety but I really hate being around loud noises and bright lights so I tend to try and avoid them at all costs. I typically like to spend my entire day sleeping and watching youtube or marvel movies.

• Hugs
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
There's nowhere to go other than the grocery store and to buy cigs. Sometimes I go out to eat...I really hate seeing old people. Everyone bothers me, but especially old people.
Why old people bother you?i i may ask...
*If i
I'm usually in a rush to get home
Yeah...i know this feeling very well.I'm very sorry for your anxiety
I don't go outside for social reasons, but I go out often enough. Sometimes for work, school, family time, personal shopping, etc.

There was a point where I would only go outside if I was forced to, such as going to school (grade school so my parents were bound by the law to make me go) or to the doctor. Otherwise I'd be too scared and refuse to go. Social anxiety is fun lol

Honestly if you have SAD, it's not worth beating yourself up over how often you go out. I go out a decent amount but it's usually very stressful because of the anxiety. It's important to get controlled exposure so that eventually you can actually enjoy going out. What helped me most in starting to go out again was doing short bursts. Like sometimes I'd walk home from school, and once I was comfortable with that, I'd take different paths or sit on a bench for a little bit. It always feels scary and like people will think you're totally nuts, and there were a few times where people would look at me weird since I was a grade schooler with a giant backpack wandering around and staring at the sky in complete fear while crying lol but eventually, you realize that no one actually cares that much about what you're doing. The physical feelings associated with anxiety start to go away, and then you'll be going outside because you're bored and want to take a walk. And people will just look at you and move on, because you will seem like any other comfortable person living their life.
You're right ... it seems like a good method. I should try to go out for a short time at least once a week because it is really too long now that I have not crossed the door of the house.I live like a prisoner in my room...just sleeping and eating something.
For the last 3 years I've been slowly getting worse with this exact same thing, this past year has became extremely difficult to even go out for basic things, no desire to see the outside world, the people who inhabit it, or been seen by them. I have been slowly but surely disappearing from the outside world to the point of literally being non-existent.
Oh yeah i understand...I have been out of society for so many years, and I remember that the first two years when depression hit me I spent almost all of them in bed sleeping. I don't even remember them, they ended up in oblivion.
I typically like to spend my entire day sleeping and watching youtube or marvel movies.
Yes exactly...i'm not a big fan of marvel movies but i love movies in general so lately i'm watching a lot of tv at night

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Boochky and nightnightnitrite
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I can't leave the house, even if I wanted to. I'm too physically ill to even have someone push me around the block in a wheelchair because the light and sound in the world is overstimulating and could lead to even more worsening, which I really, really can't afford. And people always want to talk to me, which I can hardly do (as much as I want to), because it's too strenuous. The last time I had to go out was about a month and a half ago for an appointment and it absolutely annihilated me.

I miss going out so much. I grieve the way it feels to be out in the fresh air on at least a semi-regular basis. I live in such a beautiful country with such a rich history and culture... and yet I can't even explore my own fucking neighbourhood, never mind the rest of the world. Even before I got as physically ill as I am now, I still had difficulty going out into the world because of my mental issues, but at least back then I still had the option. I have to get everything delivered to me now.

Just no quality of life whatsoever. I grieve the most basic aspects of life every single day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, S like suicide and Dead Meat
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
Yes exactly...i'm not a big fan of marvel movies but i love movies in general so lately i'm watching a lot of tv at night
What are your favorite movies to watch right now? I'm always down for new recommendations!

• Hugs
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020

Are you joking? Are you just saying something stupid to get a rise out of some of us?

Reactions: faex42
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
What are your favorite movies to watch right now? I'm always down for new recommendations!
Well I've been watching a lot of television lately ... so it depends on the tv schedule. Lately I've seen some great movies like Gone Girl, The Shape of water,Point break the new one...but i prefer the old one.Day for night,an old movie of the french director Truffaut.Eat pray love with Julia Roberts,The Man who killed Don Quixote of Terry Gillian.V for Vendetta with Natalie Portman,Perfume the story of a murderer,On the basis of sex with Felicity Jones and The Man from U.N.C.L.E of Guy Ritchie.Marvel movies I've only seen the first Avengers movie and then I think I've seen all the old superhero movies but not the latest new ones. What's your favorite Marvel movie?:)

Icona di Verificata con community

• Love
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
Well I've been watching a lot of television lately ... so it depends on the tv schedule. Lately I've seen some great movies like Gone Girl, The Shape of water,Point break the new one...but i prefer the old one.Day for night,an old movie of the french director Truffaut.Eat pray love with Julia Roberts,The Man who killed Don Quixote of Terry Gillian.V for Vendetta with Natalie Portman,Perfume the story of a murderer,On the basis of sex with Felicity Jones and The Man from U.N.C.L.E of Guy Ritchie.Marvel movies I've only seen the first Avengers movie and then I think I've seen all the old superhero movies but not the latest new ones. What's your favorite Marvel movie?:)

View attachment 70654
I'll have to look into those! I am getting tired of receptively watching my same shows over and over again. My favorite Marvel movie is probably Avengers Infinity war or Captain America Winter Solider:) I truly do love all of them and will probably never get tired of watching any of them!

• Love
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I'll have to look into those! I am getting tired of receptively watching my same shows over and over again. My favorite Marvel movie is probably Avengers Infinity war or Captain America Winter Solider:) I truly do love all of them and will probably never get tired of watching any of them!
After the first Avengers I stopped watching them because they are full of special effects and after a while I get bored but I would like to watch the Wonder Woman movies:) and i watched The first Captain America and i liked...

• Love
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
After the first Avengers I stopped watching them because they are full of special effects and after a while I get bored but I would like to watch the Wonder Woman movies:) and i watched The first Captain America and i liked...
For me, the special effects in Doctor Strange are a little much but I mostly love how all of the movies connect together and tell the whole story. I'm not as much of a DC fan but I did enjoy Wonder woman too and would like to see the new one. I love hopeless heroic movies to 'escape' but DC is much realer and easier to see happening in the real world which is why I prefer Marvel:,) DC also has better villains and back stories though!

• Love
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
For me, the special effects in Doctor Strange are a little much but I mostly love how all of the movies connect together and tell the whole story. I'm not as much of a DC fan but I did enjoy Wonder woman too and would like to see the new one. I love hopeless heroic movies to 'escape' but DC is much realer and easier to see happening in the real world which is why I prefer Marvel:,) DC also has better villains and back stories though!
oh ... I confused DC with Marvel, sorry lol you are intriguing me... now I want to watch them all and read the comics too (:(:(:

• Love
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
oh ... I confused DC with Marvel, sorry lol you are intriguing me... now I want to watch them all and read the comics too (:(:(:
It's okay! If you do decide to watch them, my favorite thing to do is watch them all in chronological order because even though they came out in different years out of order, they did a really good job at making them link! I appreciate you responding too and giving me new recommendations that I'm going to try and watch tomorrow! I hope you have a good night(it's 2am where I'm at and I'm very tired lol).

• Love
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
literally at the point where i'm paralyzed in bed because of anxiety

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, Élégie, Boochky and 3 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
It's okay! If you do decide to watch them, my favorite thing to do is watch them all in chronological order because even though they came out in different years out of order, they did a really good job at making them link! I appreciate you responding too and giving me new recommendations that I'm going to try and watch tomorrow! I hope you have a good night(it's 2am where I'm at and I'm very tired lol).
Yes, you are right ... watching them in chronological order is the best thing so that you know the whole story well in a linear way ... I don't know when I will be able to watch them because at the moment I don't have a computer but only my phone but I got a great want to start watching them.:) i hope you will like the movies that i recommended:) i wish you a good sleep(Here is late morning instead):)
literally at the point where i'm paralyzed in bed because of anxiety
Oh...i'm so sorry to hear this:( sometimes it happen to me too...and i just start crying no stop because everything,literally everything scares me...i hug you virtually,i know how it feels

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: hʚll
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Are you joking? Are you just saying something stupid to get a rise out of some of us?
What the fuck? Calling someone's comment stupid is pretty fucking shitty. Joking? Ummmm I don't fucking joke.

Perhaps you are old and took offense. I am fairly old. My reasoning is I have no God damn money to get old so that I why I don't fucking like seeing old people out and about.

Last edited:
C

chronicphysicalpain

Jun 28, 2021
I hardly do. Too much ear pain usually outside...

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and S like suicide
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
What the fuck? Calling someone's comment stupid is pretty fucking shitty. Joking? Ummmm I don't fucking joke.

Perhaps you are old and took offense. I am fairly old. My reasoning is I have no God damn money to get old so that I why I don't fucking like seeing old people out and about.
I think you are lying and you are just trying to back track. Do you think we are fools?
Those of us who are in fact old don't write about our age group the way you did
Hopefully you're pissed off and want to do something about it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: newave3
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I think you are lying and you are just trying to back track. Do you think we are fools?
Those of us who are in fact old don't write about our age group the way you did
Hopefully you're pissed off and want to do something about it.
Lying? What in the holyfuck are you talking about? Fucking stop. It's fucking normal to hate looking at what I can't achieve- old age. Really you should fucking get a clue. Pick a different battle or person to audit for fun on a Monday. Shit is hard enough. Peace out.

Last edited:
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020

Hello @Alwaysbadtime. I apologize. You are obviously upset and that is the last thing I want to cause on this forum. We are all suffering and I should have chosen my words better or not responded at all.
I am old, sick and poor. I thought you were being insensitive towards old people but I see that was not your intention.
Please take care and stay well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Dead Meat, BottomlessPit and 2 others
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Hello @Alwaysbadtime. I apologize. You are obviously upset and that is the last thing I want to cause on this forum. We are all suffering and I should have chosen my words better or not responded at all.
I am old, sick and poor. I thought you were being insensitive towards old people but I see that was not your intention.
Please take care and stay well.
Sorry to hear about your struggles. It sucks. It's easy to get angry at stuff.

*If i

You're right ... it seems like a good method. I should try to go out for a short time at least once a week because it is really too long now that I have not crossed the door of the house.I live like a prisoner in my room...just sleeping and eating something.

Oh yeah i understand...I have been out of society for so many years, and I remember that the first two years when depression hit me I spent almost all of them in bed sleeping. I don't even remember them, they ended up in oblivion.

It's really hard seeing wealthy old people looking good etc. I look bad, younger and know I won't achieve their comfort or saftey. It really really hurts.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, BottomlessPit, S like suicide and 1 other person
V

vodolazkiy12

Jun 27, 2021

*If i

I'm the same, when I do go out into town, it's when it's late at night and I know I won't run into people. I was actually homeschooled from 11 to 14 because I would rarely leave my room let alone the house. I have extreme social anxiety, to the point now that I would rather starve to death than go get groceries, I also just feel...safe in my home. Not out there though

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, S like suicide and newave3
C

Cuppatea856

May 27, 2020
I only leave the house for groceries or smokes. I keep smoking so that I can die yourger if I don't have the guts to kills myself at some point.

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, S like suicide and newave3
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
If I didn't have to work, I'd never leave my house

• Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, vodolazkiy12, S like suicide and 1 other person
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I can't leave the house, even if I wanted to. I'm too physically ill to even have someone push me around the block in a wheelchair because the light and sound in the world is overstimulating and could lead to even more worsening, which I really, really can't afford. And people always want to talk to me, which I can hardly do (as much as I want to), because it's too strenuous. The last time I had to go out was about a month and a half ago for an appointment and it absolutely annihilated me.

I miss going out so much. I grieve the way it feels to be out in the fresh air on at least a semi-regular basis. I live in such a beautiful country with such a rich history and culture... and yet I can't even explore my own fucking neighbourhood, never mind the rest of the world. Even before I got as physically ill as I am now, I still had difficulty going out into the world because of my mental issues, but at least back then I still had the option. I have to get everything delivered to me now.

Just no quality of life whatsoever. I grieve the most basic aspects of life every single day.
Oh I'm really, really sorry to read this ... :( You don't deserve all this pain and suffering!!!Illness, whether physical or mental, has the power to destroy everything and stop us from living a worthy life. Somehow I wish you could enjoy a nice day out without any problems ... feel the sun on your face and skin again and the gentle breeze that caresses your hair
I hardly do. Too much ear pain usually outside...
I can relate...I hate outside noises too ... especially happy shouting people and car horns
Sorry to hear about your struggles. It sucks. It's easy to get angry at stuff.

It's really hard seeing wealthy old people looking good etc. I look bad, younger and know I won't achieve their comfort or saftey. It really really hurts.
Yeah,i know this feeling and this anger too...When I look at others and realize that they have just been luckier than me ... this pisses me off a lot and I find all this an injustice because it's just a matter of luck most of the time
I'm the same, when I do go out into town, it's when it's late at night and I know I won't run into people. I was actually homeschooled from 11 to 14 because I would rarely leave my room let alone the house. I have extreme social anxiety, to the point now that I would rather starve to death than go get groceries, I also just feel...safe in my home. Not out there though
This damn social anxiety!!!it's awful...It's the same for me...I feel safe only in my home.When I'm out I immediately start thinking "I want to go home"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littlelungs and newave3
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I only leave the house for groceries or smokes. I keep smoking so that I can die yourger if I don't have the guts to kills myself at some point.
It definitely increases your chances of getting sick and dying but it may take a long time
If I didn't have to work, I'd never leave my house
I imagine what a pain it must be to go to work every day...

Last edited:
Reactions: alexlondon365
V

vodolazkiy12

Jun 27, 2021
Oh I'm really, really sorry to read this ... :( You don't deserve all this pain and suffering!!!Illness, whether physical or mental, has the power to destroy everything and stop us from living a worthy life. Somehow I wish you could enjoy a nice day out without any problems ... feel the sun on your face and skin again and the gentle breeze that caresses your hair

I can relate...I hate outside noises too ... especially happy shouting people and car horns

Yeah,i know this feeling and this anger too...When I look at others and realize that they have just been luckier than me ... this pisses me off a lot and I find all this an injustice because it's just a matter of luck most of the time

This damn social anxiety!!!it's awful...It's the same for me...I feel safe only in my home.When I'm out I immediately start thinking "I want to go home"
I went out for the first time in months last night and regret it all today. Should of just stayed inside alone and crying per usual

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: alexlondon365, S like suicide and Celerity