• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How many of us have found support / felt better because of SS?

• I have

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • I haven't

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I really, really don't want to start something dramatic, so please, if possible, keep the discussion on topic, that is, if you'd like to elaborate on how SS has or has not helped you, or to another thread if you must! I've just been thinking about this lately and I'm curious to see the general answer.

Obligatory hugs for everyone who sees this :) I hope today has been okay or at least manageable for all of you ♡
Transparency — TRANSPARENT not my gif, just my edit <3

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Lol I wonder about the 'no' votes. Maybe those are some of the moles from people trying to take this place down? :pfff:

Just kidding, I'm sure some peoples' lives must be so miserable that not even SS could have fully made things better, hopefully it didn't make things worse for you guys.

Last edited:
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Lol I wonder about the 'no' votes. Maybe those are some of the moles from people trying to take this place down? :pfff:

Just kidding, I'm sure some peoples' lives must be so miserable that not even SS could have fully made things better, hopefully it didn't make things worse for you guys.
Well, considering people usually end up here because their lives are unchangeably miserable, I don't think it's really fair for anyone to think this site is going to stop them from ending their suffering.
I don't think our main take-away should be that a pro-choice website ultimately prevents suicide. It is certainly a solid truth, and a good thing for many, but if that's all this place is for, then that just goes against the whole notion behind having the right to die and having death be a valid option when a person has had enough.
For me, this site will not stop me from ctb, and I would never expect it to, but it has given me something else very valuable, a freedom to express thoughts I would otherwise have to take to my grave, and an understanding from certain individuals that is necessary to keep some of my sanity intact. I can finally have a taste of a few things I've been starved of for so long. And I can also do better to avoid brain damage and ending up far worse off, with resources to inform myself, so that I don't end up having to do something in a panic..like stabbing myself in the neck with a piece of glass and choking on my own blood. That would have happened by now, if I didn't find this place. So no worries, it hasn't made things worse, any issues I've dealt with here are in the same vein as things I've already experienced elsewhere, on other parts of the Internet.

Kotochan

Kotochan

Student
Jul 17, 2019
This is the only place I've ever been able to talk candidly about my suicidal thoughts. The people you are supposed to go to like therapists and doctors will only ever see you as an acute case or someone seeking attention. Not to mention the threat of being locked up.

Suicide is a painful thing to imagine, and if the world doesn't like this site then maybe they should take a hard look at what resources they are providing otherwise to fill that void imo

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
I voted other,i had used this forum for a while after hearing a lot about him on another sites/foruns.
unfortunately or fortunately idk...my main goal here has not been accomplished.
I had made some friends here, but I ended up arguing with them and we are no longer friends (I don't blame them for that, I'm a really mentally fucked-up person).

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020

Since you asked, I'll answer. I said no because some of the people here have made my situation 100x worse and have made me more suicidal. I do not find this place helpful at all. Everything I say, I feel hated for before I click post. And there's A LOT I don't say just for that reason. I can't even get a notification for anything without going "wtf now". I don't feel like I can share anything without being ridiculed because thats whats happened the majoritiy of the time because people can't seem to learn when it's best to not speak. "someone's having a hard time, I'm gonna call them names and shit". I find it extremely concerning that a place that's suppose to be about support can make people more suicidal, yeah.. Real fucking supporting.

Last edited:
Chronicillness

Chronicillness

Experienced
Jun 19, 2018
I panicked hard when I couldn't find the SS website through my usual search engines/keywords (I don't have it stickied to my favorites/homepages for various reasons - so I use google to locate and open SS.com).

This website is vital for my survival and mental health, absolutely vital. A bit of a paradoxical statement, but I am being completely serious. This is the most important website that I have ever been a part of. My feelings of loneliness have been minimized considerably, even despite inconsistent participation and presenteeism on SS. I often come here weepy, hopeless, extremely depressed and actively suicidal, but I leave feeling a renewed sense of purpose (albeit a very temporary sense of purpose). I cannot express in words how essential this place is in determining my longevity.

My mom would probably be bitter and filled with irrational rage at SS if she somehow drew a connection to this site and my suicide (which is yet to even be determined! I'm hangin in there for now). What she wouldn't know, is that this place was (is) the most effective coping medium that I have ever engaged in.

My experience with SS summed up: I feel less suicidal, and less likely to kill myself at any life-stage, all as a result of this website's existence and the community that inhabitates it.

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It's definitely helped me to have people I can interact with that are able to understand where I'm coming from, without being dismissive or telling me why they think I have to keep living. There have been a few times since I joined SS where I thought I was done, I was going to CTB ASAP, but then I would sign in for a bit and realize that maybe I wasn't as ready as I thought.

I think the best thing about coming here is that I found a satisfying and relatively peaceful method that I can keep in a safe place until I need it. I might have had a more difficult time discovering it, if this site had not have existed, but now I have what I need.

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
I've been lurking for about a month and just joined today. Wasn't going to, but then I couldn't access the site anymore because it was restricted to members only. Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of ctb for a while now for reasons that I won't get into here, but have had nobody to talk to about it because, for obvious reasons, family and friends don't want to hear that sh**. In my time lurking, I've read a lot of threads and resources and have come to feel that this is the only place that I can come to for some validation of my suicidal thoughts. I'm isolated in this pandemic and unemployed, so I've been spending a lot of time here each day. That being said, I voted "other" because I wouldn't say that this site has made me feel better, just that it's given me an outlet for my passive ideations as well as good information on how I might peacefully ctb. Before I found this site, I was thinking that I would have to jump, even tho I'm deathly afraid of heights.

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
I have been on the edge of committing suicide many times. Here's the odd thing. Having no options makes me want to commit a violent death immediately. I feel trapped. It's awful. I now know there's a peaceful method (CO2) and that I have options makes living life somewhat bearable. I would have strung myself a long time ago if it hadn't been for this website. I have been on some powerful meds that fuck me up, a life time of therapy, and a lifetime of shallow anti-suicide catchphrases. This website is extending my life. This website is saving my life!

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
My life is so bad to the point I'm in no poisition to fix it,
most likely still end up ctb
but at least I found a better method that is less drama.

and the support for being heard.
I am also grateful for everyone.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I have like my vote, came here to ctb, found a loving community and along with my therapy my days are a bit better, and though I have bad days, coming here always makes me feel a bit better .

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
This site is the only safe place i have to talk about the most harmful part of me.
It hurts loved ones too much to hear me talk of my feelings and thoughts.
The professionals just want to patch me up only when crisis or an episode. i say too much and they tell me i need protecting from myself.
i just need someone to talk to, someone to hear me, someone who understands and doesn't judge. i've found that here; having this safe place stops me from ending my life. It's helping me reach out, seek support, attempt more treatments... because with SS i don't feel so alone. Thank you to everyone, whether we've interacted or not... i've found a community. Stay Beautiful