R

ratgirl40216

Aug 15, 2022
I just wanna know if it's weird that I only have 2 people I'd actually consider solid friends, one online one irl. I usually don't have that many friends at any given time. I feel like if those relationships fall apart my emotional state will plummet
I have about 4 & a lot of aquantinces I keep people at a distance

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I thought I had 2, but I realised it's 0. No one I can message or hang out freely, no one to count on, no one I can talk about things with. I don't think I'll ever try making friends with normal people again. I don't want to have to be fake and end up disappointed.

• Aww..
Reactions: lofticries
Mental

Mental

Oct 12, 2021
I only have one friend in real life, I have a hard time keeping friends because it's hard for them to understand my emotional ups and downs and for me to control myself.

Peace and be happy boys and girls 💗✨

Reactions: jenycosmos33
Tiberius85

Tiberius85

Aug 21, 2022
Ih ave a few "regular contacts", but real, close friends currently in my life? Possibly one, but living in a different country at the moment.

I struggle to connect with many people in a meaningful way. I am too intense/different for many to take. Either too loud or too quiet. The thought of small talk makes be anxious, I try to avoid those situations that require meaningless superficial small talk - and be it only meeting a neighbour on the street - as much as possible. If I see one on the road, I delay going outside. Just an example.

That makes it difficult to make friends. Even though I am passionate about an unusual amount of things - from sports to art to music to politics and philosophy - I struggle to maintain connection with people. Because on everything I want to engage too deeply. Most people don't want/can't do that and in any case "small talk" is social currency for "bonding".

It makes me feel unloved and alone. But I guess I am in good company with that feeling here.... which in a sense, is, as strange it may sound, a sort of relief.

HarpyWitch

HarpyWitch

Aug 22, 2022
I have one childhood friend (have known each other for 20 yrs now) but I can't really talk to her about my depression-related issues; one friend that lives abroad so she can't support me as much; and one last friend that I would consider to be the closest to me but he's also my ex and knowing he's with someone else is just devastating.
I don't know how to make and maintain friendships. I despise and am shit at small talk. I don't know how to talk to people. I'm hopeless.

N

Night_Crew

Oct 23, 2021
Absolutely none whatsoever. I was content investing everything in a person I really loved, for over a decade. Now I have nobody and am not sure I ever will again 🙁

VabeniPokojneTmy

VabeniPokojneTmy

reMember
Jun 6, 2020
2 who i can tell everything & 3 good friends, all of them expect one I know for a very long time and it became very hard for me to become friend with someone

lex

lex

Just another statistic
Jul 7, 2020
Zero. Making friends is easy enough but keeping them is the hard part

Last edited:
Reactions: Un-
TigerFestival

TigerFestival

Sigh
Aug 21, 2022
I have none. I'm all alone.

Reactions: jenycosmos33, Throwawaysoul and Un-
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
Zero. It's probably best this way.

Reactions: jenycosmos33 and Un-
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Literally 0.

anonymoussadbeing

anonymoussadbeing

Jul 28, 2022
None by choice, I'm too selfish and self centered to be in any kind of relationship, I'm also schizoid. I'm not at all helpful towards others which is a prime requirement in any relationship.

kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
I have my fiancé, but no one else. Hopefully I'll get to make more friends some day 😄

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I thought I was recovering, but now it's the crippling loneliness that is making me want to CBT again. No one to BS with, share stories with, laugh and cry with.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
Maybe one that I actually do stuff with and talk to

C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
I'm an outlier. I have many deep friendships.
I also deeply struggle with loneliness. So, I have gone to great lengths to fight it. It has taken a lot of work to get to this point where I have many deep friendships. I believe others can do it too. I'll gladly share things I have done, just shoot me a message. I believe that life without friends is a wasteland and friends should multiply happiness and divide sorrows.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
How many friends? That would be a big fat 0.
You're such a kind and awesome person here, I wonder if with some different strategies if you could make some friends- maqybe through volunteering, maybe through the website meetup- which si all about making friends, or from some other interest you have in common with some people.

Reactions: Josh007
I

indigomoon

Student
Mar 6, 2022
You're such a kind and awesome person here, I wonder if with some different strategies if you could make some friends- maqybe through volunteering, maybe through the website meetup- which si all about making friends, or from some other interest you have in common with some people.
I try. I have some social anxiety which gets in the way. It's a struggle that I keep working on. Thank you for your kindness and encouraging words. It helps.💛

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
None. I have had a few acquaintances in the past, but I've never really had a friend (not even in grade school).

• Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85 and Josh007
jenycosmos33

jenycosmos33

Aug 29, 2022
I have ZERO friends, since many years ago.
Also, I have forgotten what is like to have friends.

• Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85 and Josh007
A

Apathetic

Nov 12, 2019
Not even sure anymore, have lost so many by just isolating myself from them. Not really sure who'd still consider me a friend.

P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
All my real friends are dead. I have one friend who knows how to help me sometimes... The rest are more acquaintances or colleagues. Honestly, former friends distance themselves when your life goes wrong and everyone forgets that you once did them a favor and helped them in life.

Reactions: ever so lonely
lonelygirl111

lonelygirl111

i don’t know what i’m doing anymore
Sep 20, 2022
one friend

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, Josh007 and ever so lonely
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
absolutely zero my guy, none nada zilch, i cant even affix anybody to those next of kin forms, when i had my last suicide attempt they asked at the hospital who i had as an emergency contact, it then hit me how truly alone i am.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, knux, Marktheghost and 2 others
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Ten years gone by and still a zero. I thought I had one but apparently not.

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I just wanna know if it's weird that I only have 2 people I'd actually consider solid friends, one online one irl. I usually don't have that many friends at any given time. I feel like if those relationships fall apart my emotional state will plummet
At the moment one, but he's 31 and wants to be my boyfriend. I'm 19 and hesitant.

Firegirl

Firegirl

Sep 28, 2022
I don't think it's weird at all that you only have 2 friends. I think that friendships be extremely pointless and energetically draining sometimes so if you've found yourself able to enjoy the companionship of even 2 people that's more than enough!