dela

dela

One must imagine Sisyphus dead.
Sep 3, 2024
I had planned to CTB this afternoon, while being alone at home, but unfortunately my family came back sooner than I had anticipated. I'm thinking about doing it tonight while they're asleep, but I'm worried that I would make too much noise. Is SN really loud enough to wake them up?

I know vomiting is likely, but how likely am I to have loud spasms or seizures? I have sourced antiemetics (meto), benzos (clonazepam), pain killers and propanolol to make everything as smooth as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and iloveloving
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024

dela

dela

One must imagine Sisyphus dead.
Sep 3, 2024
Fair enough. I saw some discussion about this in the forums but I'm still kind of unsure since I'm using benzos, antiemetics and beta blockers (the OP in the thread you linked said he didn't have access to benzos). Can you really make much noise while sedated?

Reactions: CantDoIt
S

shame

Jul 17, 2024
SamešŸ˜¢
I think only those who witnessed that can answer. But I think it's quite touchy question to ask them..

• Aww..
Reactions: dela
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Fair enough. I saw some discussion about this in the forums but I'm still kind of unsure since I'm using benzos, antiemetics and beta blockers (the OP in the thread you linked said he didn't have access to benzos). Can you really make much noise while sedated?
I can't speak on benzos too much, so I'm just guessing here. But I'd presume that being sedated on benzos wouldn't make a difference in terms of agonal breathing while you're unconscious, or for vomiting. They may help with seizures, but according to a web search benzos only treat certain types of seizures and there's no telling if it'll help with ones caused by SN.

Beta blockers will likely only have an effect on your heart rate.

And Meto doesn't seem to have any effect on nausea or vomiting (from all the reports of successes/failures and goodbye threads I've seen). The important function it performs is faster gastric emptying, which means the SN will begin to be absorbed faster since your stomach contents will empty sooner than it would without Meto. So you're very likely to still vomit.

If you're worried about sound, I'd suggest that you wait till you're alone for at least a few hours. SN is something you can be rescued and recover from quite easily, so if you're found before you're dead you'll more than likely fail. So doing it with others in your home is risky.

Reactions: dela
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
The dying process can be very loud. You will likely be found.

• Informative
Reactions: dela and Plato'sCaveDweller