• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I lived in a really, really old apartment in the frozen winter with no insulation, ancient, drafty windows, and expensive heating. For months I was doing a project that kept me isolated from others. The bath had no hot water... I changed every morning after a lighting-fast sponge bath. But I never felt clean. Until the very late spring when it was warm enough to shower with cold water...
That must have been a very difficult time. I am glad the spring finally came.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Oh yeah, the apologies to the healthcare professionals for my very human condition. I'm sorry to hear you've had to do that too.

This morning, I couldn't get the vaccinations that have been recommended, and I have reasonable comfort in receiving, because the room I need to wait in is a standing room only madhouse. I know we're all there, doing the best we can. However, for me, it is simply impossible to maintain composure there.

They can see I keep trying, so today a nurse was sent to accompany me. She was kind and helpful. However, after reaching the waiting area, she turned right around and told me that today wasn't going to be the day either. I appreciate her frankness. I'm hopeful that perhaps, the can get the shots to a nurse or doctor not working in total chaos so I may be vaccinated as recommended.

What I can say that may be of comfort is we are not the worst they have nor will see. Having family and friends working in the healthcare industry in many capacities, as well as nearly living at the facility where I receive the majority of my care lately, I'm gaining interesting insight. It's not pretty, but we're all working to get by as best as we can.

I think you may be able to feel proud of yourself, that despite your feelings and concerns, you still made it to get that internal plumbing checked out. Your body, it's composition, the sights, smells and sounds, are not as offensive as our minds make us feel at times. You made it there though--that's what really counts.

Shaving is totally optional! Do it when and if you can, if that's what you chose for yourself. I can assure you that your doctors are not expecting you to shave anything prior to your visits. (Unless otherwise specifically instructed by your licensed/trusted healthcare professional.) Whatever the case, take care of yourself.
I really appreciate your reassurance, and your sharing your experiences. I can't tell you how valuable that is -- to be able to communicate with others who've had similar struggles. That camaraderie (?) just invaluable to me. Have you been able to get your vaccinations?

Reactions: Redt2go