• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
i used to go up to a week at a time without changing or washing, but everything has gotten so sensitive that if I dont change daily and shower at least every other day... everything gets very itchy, some areas painful lol... shit would get real gnarly real quick if i tried for a week without an underwear change

plus i start feeling gross and murky and it affects my mental state quite a bit

D

DeletedUser4739

Wgich is also daily. Multiple times id say
Your comment has me thinking what do I do for myself, in terms of genuine self-care, multiple times a day. It's not nearly as much as it should be.

My question did sound kinda pervy, now that I reread it several hours later. (Although that wasn't the intent.)

All of your answers are helping to support a better version of me. Thank you. I really appreciate it, as does my body.

D

DeletedUser4739

I wish I was a woman. I mean, if I don't change them for a bit I'm just a bum, but if I'm a chick they're suddenly worth like $30 a pop to perverts on the internet. I kid. I think like a few days.
Too funny...I missed your response earlier.
On ebay and other sites i've seen men selling their socks the longer they've worn them the higher the price and no i didn't buy any lol.
It's good to know one person's trash will always be another person's treasure :ahhha:

D

DeletedUser4739

i used to go up to a week at a time without changing or washing, but everything has gotten so sensitive that if I dont change daily and shower at least every other day... everything gets very itchy, some areas painful lol... shit would get real gnarly real quick if i tried for a week without an underwear change

plus i start feeling gross and murky and it affects my mental state quite a bit
Oh, the itch gets me in the shower quick.

Pineapplecrown

Pineapplecrown

Pine
Oct 21, 2018
Your comment has me thinking what do I do for myself, in terms of genuine self-care, multiple times a day. It's not nearly as much as it should be.

My question did sound kinda pervy, now that I reread it several hours later. (Although that wasn't the intent.)

All of your answers are helping to support a better version of me. Thank you. I really appreciate it, as does my body.
No problem!
I hold myself to a high standard of self care even tho im insecure asf

F

FrannyZoe18

Dec 14, 2018
Ok, so you do understand. Part of me hates that you know this so well. I don't want a single soul to ever get this low.

I've been living there for a long time. I've spend so many years laying now on a bed in a bedroom, that I exhibit symptoms of someone who has spent extended periods of time in solitary confinement. I only realized I can't see distance well anymore, one day when I drive, and that is rare.

This hurts so badly for so many.

I understand this level of pain.

EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
I wish I was a woman. I mean, if I don't change them for a bit I'm just a bum, but if I'm a chick they're suddenly worth like $30 a pop to perverts on the internet. I kid. I think like a few days.
Can I get the address to this site??? I'd make a fortune! J/k ;) Or am I???

I hate to admit how much I can relate to some people on this thread. I haven't had a hair cut in about a year, same for a mani/pedi (my cuticles are practically overtaking my nails), and showering is such exhausting hard that it takes every bit of energy to do it. I used to shower twice a day. Now I'm lucky if It's every other days. I live in my pajamas and am literally wearing a hole into the middle of my mattress because I'm in bed 99% of the time. All this coming from a girl who used to get waxed, plucked, cut and painted religiously. It's amazing how low my standards have fallen. I just don't give a damn anymore. Let me put it into perspectice--I swear I was scaring delivery people just before first time I voluntarily admitted myself to the psych hospital.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I've found so many things don't matter anymore. The levels go deeper and darker along with my mental state. I recently noticed I no longer bother to change my underwear daily. How long I've actually been doing it, I don't know. I'm think it's been 4 days now.

How long have you gone? Assuming you even had access to underwear. I remember being forced to wear someone else's old, conspicuously stained underwear many times during forced hospitalizations. Mine were usually stolen during the first night's communal laundering by staff.

Any other things you've let go that you thought we're impossible for you, even in your worst times?
Hygiene has been a real problem for me, lately. I don't brush my teeth or shower unless I have somewhere work-related to be. The other day I had a gynecologist (sorry) appointment, and I couldn't even get it together enough to shower. I literally STANK. And, I was hairy. I even told the doctor and the nurse. "I'm sorry, I'm having some mental-health issues at the moment. I haven't bathed in a while." I know some people think that's the most BULLSHIT excuse. But, I have trouble brushing my teeth, showering...I used to wear sunscreen every day. Now, I rarely do that. Hope you feel better. I also admitted myself to a psych hospital a year ago.

Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
I can still make myself shower and brush my teeth (twice) every day, but it's getting harder. My house on the other hand looks like a pigsty more often than not. Clean house and yard is no longer a priority. Oh, and my hair: I've always had pretty shitty, weak hair and used to spend a fortune in haircare product to make it look decent. It has become worse over the years and I ended up having a buzzcut and wearing a wig when I go out. Less fuss.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
The longest I've went without changing my drawers is 3 days. But since I drive flatbed trucks, I tend to get hot, sweaty and dirty when dealing with tarps. When it gets to the point I can smell my own stink, i have to shower.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I can still make myself shower and brush my teeth (twice) every day, but it's getting harder. My house on the other hand looks like a pigsty more often than not. Clean house and yard is no longer a priority. Oh, and my hair: I've always had pretty shitty, weak hair and used to spend a fortune in haircare product to make it look decent. It has become worse over the years and I ended up having a buzzcut and wearing a wig when I go out. Less fuss.
Whatshername, I'm just curious.
The longest I've went without changing my drawers is 3 days. But since I drive flatbed trucks, I tend to get hot, sweaty and dirty when dealing with tarps. When it gets to the point I can smell my own stink, i have to shower.
Everyone on here has such cool jobs!

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
What are you curious about then? Happy to help :)
Sorry, whatshername -- I'm not sure I meant to write that (i.e., "I'm just curious.") But, I really appreciate your willingness to clear up my confusion. You have a cool job. I know it's difficult, but I wish I had a good skill like that. A HARD skill. You can go anywhere, and people need truck drivers. So cool.

Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Sorry, whatshername -- I'm not sure I meant to write that (i.e., "I'm just curious.") But, I really appreciate your willingness to clear up my confusion. You have a cool job. I know it's difficult, but I wish I had a good skill like that. A HARD skill. You can go anywhere, and people need truck drivers. So cool.

You are mistaking me for Empty Smile, I'm not a truck driver and I actually don't have any cool job. Mostly because I can't make the effort any longer.The remaining people around me are completely ignorant about mental illness and its consequences. I'm being admonished and told "but you have degrees, you speak languages, why are you not working?" I'm afraid we are in a similar situation in that regard.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
You are mistaking me for Empty Smile, I'm not a truck driver and I actually don't have any cool job. Mostly because I can't make the effort any longer.The remaining people around me are completely ignorant about mental illness and its consequences. I'm being admonished and told "but you have degrees, you speak languages, why are you not working?" I'm afraid we are in a similar situation in that regard.
Sorry. I'm not that good at these forums (fora?) I guess. Um, I am in the same boat : degrees and languages. That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee, right? :wink: We'll find our way, Whatshername.

Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Sorry. I'm not that good at these forums (fora?) I guess. Um, I am in the same boat : degrees and languages. That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee, right? :wink: We'll find our way, Whatshername.

Well, I still can afford a cup of coffee for the time being, I don't know how much longer though :pfff:. You are welcome to have one with me :) Or something with a little more bite :wink:

Yeah, I'm still holding on to some faint hope that I/we will find our way, but that hope is dwindling for me. I just want to sleep.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Well, I still can afford a cup of coffee for the time being, I don't know how much longer though :pfff:. You are welcome to have one with me :) Or something with a little more bite :wink:

Yeah, I'm still holding on to some faint hope that I/we will find our way, but that hope is dwindling for me. I just want to sleep.
Are you in the U.S.? I am in the U.S.

D

DeletedUser4739

Hygiene has been a real problem for me, lately. I don't brush my teeth or shower unless I have somewhere work-related to be. The other day I had a gynecologist (sorry) appointment, and I couldn't even get it together enough to shower. I literally STANK. And, I was hairy. I even told the doctor and the nurse. "I'm sorry, I'm having some mental-health issues at the moment. I haven't bathed in a while." I know some people think that's the most BULLSHIT excuse. But, I have trouble brushing my teeth, showering...I used to wear sunscreen every day. Now, I rarely do that. Hope you feel better. I also admitted myself to a psych hospital a year ago.
Oh yeah, the apologies to the healthcare professionals for my very human condition. I'm sorry to hear you've had to do that too.

This morning, I couldn't get the vaccinations that have been recommended, and I have reasonable comfort in receiving, because the room I need to wait in is a standing room only madhouse. I know we're all there, doing the best we can. However, for me, it is simply impossible to maintain composure there.

They can see I keep trying, so today a nurse was sent to accompany me. She was kind and helpful. However, after reaching the waiting area, she turned right around and told me that today wasn't going to be the day either. I appreciate her frankness. I'm hopeful that perhaps, the can get the shots to a nurse or doctor not working in total chaos so I may be vaccinated as recommended.

What I can say that may be of comfort is we are not the worst they have nor will see. Having family and friends working in the healthcare industry in many capacities, as well as nearly living at the facility where I receive the majority of my care lately, I'm gaining interesting insight. It's not pretty, but we're all working to get by as best as we can.

I think you may be able to feel proud of yourself, that despite your feelings and concerns, you still made it to get that internal plumbing checked out. Your body, it's composition, the sights, smells and sounds, are not as offensive as our minds make us feel at times. You made it there though--that's what really counts.

Shaving is totally optional! Do it when and if you can, if that's what you chose for yourself. I can assure you that your doctors are not expecting you to shave anything prior to your visits. (Unless otherwise specifically instructed by your licensed/trusted healthcare professional.) Whatever the case, take care of yourself.

D

DeletedUser4739

Can I get the address to this site??? I'd make a fortune! J/k ;) Or am I???

I hate to admit how much I can relate to some people on this thread. I haven't had a hair cut in about a year, same for a mani/pedi (my cuticles are practically overtaking my nails), and showering is such exhausting hard that it takes every bit of energy to do it. I used to shower twice a day. Now I'm lucky if It's every other days. I live in my pajamas and am literally wearing a hole into the middle of my mattress because I'm in bed 99% of the time. All this coming from a girl who used to get waxed, plucked, cut and painted religiously. It's amazing how low my standards have fallen. I just don't give a damn anymore. Let me put it into perspectice--I swear I was scaring delivery people just before first time I voluntarily admitted myself to the psych hospital.
I've seen some looks of concern as well. Lol What can you do? There's a reason I don't put on actual clothing and go out. Give me my food and go! LoL I can tell you, they have seen worse. And there's the brilliant people who manage to leave a note for delivery people for any number of reasons. Maybe that will be me soon. For now, I'll answer the door in my hideous glory. I feel fortunate to even have access to delivery and someone able to assist me in getting what I need to get by as well.

As time has gone one...a lot of time...I'm trying to venture outdoors and interact with people again. I'm noticing my appearance more, but I'm noticing with a bit of a better perspective for myself. Although I'd love to be able to snap my fingers and be plucked, waxed, painted, spanxed, dressed in real grown folks clothing, etc. I realize that although still valuable to me, they are not the priority they once were. I find that freeing. I need to free up some energy from somewhere, and so far this is working for me a bit.

I'm happy to share tips and trips I've learned along the way, while I fake it until I make it. I'd love to hear others' tricks of this trade as well. From how to style filthy hair that may even be breaking or falling out, to how to maintain minimal basic hygiene at these depths, and how to just be ok with who you are right now, for now.

D

DeletedUser4739

Yup, right there with you on a lot of that too. I admire you for being able to wear a buzzcut. I've considered it. Many women rock it quite well!

On a side note, one of the few genuine friendships I've maintained for decades, is with a woman who is an exceptionally skilled hairstylist and cosmetologist. She's lost a lot of her hair, due to various reasons. One thing she mentioned, and I researched as well, is Biotin/Vitamin B7 2,500-3,000 mcg (micrograms) per day has been reasonably effective at preserving and strengthening existing hair, as well as promoting new hair growth. There are sources the have a good quality supplements at reasonable prices for this available in the states. I hope some of this helps. :)