BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
I was diagnosed with depression and put on medication when I was about fourteen and am still taking them seven years later but to be honest, I've always doubted that diagnosis. I don't think I'm depressed and I don't think suicidal thoughts mean I'm depressed either. I'm just not really into the whole "life" thing, but I'm not upset about that, I just have zero interest in it.

Reactions: death137 and stillweary
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
9 years and half
depressed for a reason, non-clinical per se.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
about 25 years

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and KleinerWolf
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I don't remember not being depressed. I can barely remember not being suicidal

• Hugs
Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
30-odd years, at a guess. Pretty damn remarkable I've never even had an attempt, when you think about it.

• Hugs
S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
22 years. My soul has basically been dead since 2003 and I'm just waiting for my body to catch up. I can't figure why I need to do mundane things like cooking dinner and folding laundry when I don't actually have anything to live for.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, TimeToBiteTheDust and KleinerWolf
Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
I was diagnosed at 9 y.o. by a psychiatrist. 44 now and have literally tried everything out there (dozens of drugs, TMS, ECT and 2 forms of ketamine). Well, with the exception of experimental psychedelics. No access to them and at this point am not convinced anything will help long-term.
Hey I'm so sorry you're going through this shit.I feel awful. My depression began when I hit puberty and knew I was gay. There was no denying it. It intensified when I told someone I trusted that I liked them and everyone found out. Brought a whole new meaning to bullying. I was a kid.... I didn't know any better.

I'm now 40. I think my depression is tempered a bit by my anger at the injustice of it all. If that makes any sense.
I cannot imagine how hard it was for you as a kid... and even now (esp if in USA). Depression is hard enough for a straight white girl like me. My ❤ goes out to you.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
22 years. My soul has basically been dead since 2003 and I'm just waiting for my body to catch up. I can't figure why I need to do mundane things like cooking dinner and folding laundry when I don't actually have anything to live for.
I feel like this too. Doing all these routine activities seems pointless. I can't enjoy life anymore and there's no point in going on and I regret everyday that I haven't ctbed yet.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
G

Gentleman

For ethics, there is only suffering and its cure.
Sep 10, 2020
Mine started more than a decade ago when I started getting bullied at school. I was already dealing with a lot at home for someone my age but having that part of my life ruined completely obliterated me.

• Hugs
Valon

Valon

Sep 14, 2020
I think I was about 9 years old when I first realized I didn't want to live in this world anymore. Became severely depressed around age 13. I know that's super young, but I grew up with physically and mentally abusive parents and was pretty much alone for my entire childhood (an only child born to dumb parents) and this probably accelerated my mental illness.

• Hugs
G

gcarb

Oct 26, 2020
since i was 19, I'm 25 now, I'm hooked to fluoxetine 60 mg and just took a propranolol-clonazepam combination to calm myself

• Hugs
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I'm a 30 year old male that has been depressed on and off since I had a near death experience at 15. Suicidal ideation didn't start until I lost a friend to suicide during college. Now I've lost the closest person I've ever had a year ago, and attempts at loving other people and being close to others has proved impossible, so I'm left in a world where others love me, romantic or platonic, and I cannot give back that love. It's set me in the worst despair. Never felt it at this depth.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and Silvermorning
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
Last 4 years I would say

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
i've been depressed since I was around eleven.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: death137, Silvermorning and KleinerWolf
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Since I was 14, and I,m 40, Its tiring.

• Hugs
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
10 years.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: death137 and Silvermorning
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Since the age of 10. Now I'm 37 and I deeply know that nothing will change for the better. I'm just waiting for the right moment to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, KleinerWolf and Silvermorning
K

Keto

Student
Feb 8, 2020
I have depression for about 13 years right now. It ruined my life completely. I can't function without medications, which after few months become not effective.
My CTB is well planned, rational after years of contemplation. It's better for me and for people around me, to disappear completely.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Since I was 9 but it took an extreme level at 18. Now I'm 23 with no life and no chance of getting better.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, KleinerWolf and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Since i was 9 but it was probably building up even before then. It got really bad in my teens and never improved since.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and death137
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I already had dysthymia as a kid, that's why I have difficulties to understand why people say "childhood is magical" sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf