• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
this movie says it all for me, 😢 ...

Last edited:
Reactions: moondazed
silentcicada

silentcicada

Silhouettes on the ceiling
Aug 2, 2023
It's hard to feel close to anyone knowing my days are limited. I've been lonely practically forever so I can cope with it better.

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Less than a human being.
Feb 24, 2023
I know no other people outside my work, but I don't really have a meaningful connection with them,

My very close connection with someone I used to have is left in vagueness or probably no longer, due to my life demand that pull me away from it

Of course my family also already let me go assuming I'm an adult that should already know how to be responsible of myself

But this loneliness is something I see as something that bring me closer to my goal because I want to disappear away from people before I quit and end it all
So it's okay, it makes sense

• Love
Reactions: venomousSSërpent74
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Oct 18, 2023
this movie says it all for me, 😢 ...

When Kristen Stewart's characters said "I crave interraction. I crave it" I felt it deep inside me.

I have been in uni for two years now and I haven't made any friends, because I have social anxiety and I am completely incompetent in interracting with people. I have a few friends but I only see them during summer. I am alone most of the year and it is horrible. Anxiety and loneliness are a hellish combination.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: moondazed, venomousSSërpent74, DeepCD and 1 other person
M

Morana

Oct 22, 2023
I wonder, how is it hat in world there is so many lonely people, and yet we all still feel lonely? That whole situation really doesn't make sense.

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I'm lonely but more lonely without my cats , they're my world now

Reactions: ddn.ctb, moondazed and Shiva_Story
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
No irl friends. Estranged friends online. I think they all pity me secretly. I just lurk anyway and I think that's all anyone wants from me anyway. It'll be better than being ignored or being lashed out at. I don't want anyone hurt by me.

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
lonely with company of cat and my fans (computer fans)

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Sometimes I'm okay though, sometimes very

Reactions: Shiva_Story
venomousSSërpent74

venomousSSërpent74

Oct 19, 2023
very i have people but it doesn't feel i do i have trust issues so saying you love and care about me and will never leave I'll never believe it, it's also hard to talk to people because i lack the ability to communicate in person so i don't have any friends in college or someone to talk to outside of my 2 friends who are living life which i distance myself from just to avoid being a problem and working on detachment we talk from time to time. I feel invisible as hell and that's how it always has been since life started so i'm at the point where i dont even feel it most days and isolate myself anyways because that's what i'm used to and it's safer no problems no pain.people in my eyes will always be monsters with an exception of a small percentage of people it's better to stick alone no matter how lonely i get and how much i'm suffering. Which is why i'm also glad I found this site because I don't plan to be here forever but also don't plan on leaving yet like minded people is all i wanted but that won't necessarily make me feel better of course.

Last edited:
ChantDuCygne

ChantDuCygne

Aug 23, 2023
I feel your pain. I wish I felt wanted or special. I wish I felt good enough about myself to go outside. I feel like a lost cause. Whenever I do try approaching people, I poison them with my mindset. I wish I had had this one friend who's always there like in the movies. I could have fallen in love with them. But even that scenario feels wrong in my head, because the idea that anyone would want to be around me seems just so implausible. I have no way out. No one will know I was screaming for help. No one will help me. No one can help me. I will never have the happiness that my parents once had. I will never know what it feels like to be loved as unconditionally as I see in movies.

• Hugs
Saxenomorph

Saxenomorph

Life's not fair, is it?
Mar 2, 2023
I dealt with the same problems, I was very lonely and my attempts were often rejected. Being surrounded by happy people but not being able to interact with them made me feel like a ghost, however, such things don't matter to me anymore. I'll end it all soon so i won't stress myself further.

• Hugs
marshmallow_mochi

marshmallow_mochi

Hang me like an angel
Oct 17, 2023
Transferring in the new school is really lonely especially if you can even fit in.
This past few week I'm pretty happy because I though I have a friend and then
I just realize in their movement to how they communicate to me It's seem they just talked to me because I'm part of the group project. So yeah it's hard make friends, after that it seem I even more reluctant to even talk to someone now even in the Internet I'm having a hard time making friends. It's just everytime I make friend they always use me to vent their problems to me and when they done they leave me. My social skill even more sucks because of
The pandemic it just I'm fine in the few years because of the lock down I feel like I become worse even have no one to talk to, I envy my old friend that always go out with theirs friend while I'm out here isolate in the room laying in the bed, strolling in the Internet, having no life.
I'm feel like I'm the problem but I don't even know what wrong with me. Maybe because I'm just really boring person.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I'm lonely. Hurts a lot at times.

• Hugs
LostVirtue

LostVirtue

Oct 22, 2023
I crave social interaction but at the same time I'm terrified of having to interact with people. My brain makes no sense. All people that have ever been close to me, including family, I slowly disappear from. Now there's one person left and I feel myself drifting away from her too. Maybe I'm not meant to be around people.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I am not sure if I feel lonely but I know I am alone/am lonely

(and I don't know exactly what friendship is to be honest or how to know when you're in one all of my previous "friendships" were just observations)

because I am not shocked by people leaving me and I expect them to leave due to who and how I am as a person and being socially inept

so I find small meaningless interactions and small talk with strangers to be enough even though small talk is overwhelming at times

this could be anything from a cashier asking me the regular "how are you today?"

or a stranger saying "thank you!" when I hold the door for them

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Without SaSu and everyone here terribly lonely, as I just had spinal cord surgery and when visiting time of the day would come in the ward that I was in, families and loved ones would show up to talk and cheer up patients and I would just sit there and it hurt like hell, as I had no devices to get on the net and with no family nor friends, it really hurt watching folks get hugs and smiles from loved ones and all I could do was watch others get love.

So right now, damn lonely.

Walter

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I have a small handful of friends in my current city but all my real close friends live far away. My roommates and coworkers are nice and friendly, but that's surface level stuff. I maybe go out with casual friends to do something once every other month or so.

Friends are great and wonderful, and my life would be less without them, but it's not the same as a romantic partner. I went to my cousins wedding yesterday, and everyone was shocked I was single… as if I don't try lol. I got stood up today and really trying not to internalizing it.

G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
When Kristen Stewart's characters said "I crave interraction. I crave it" I felt it deep inside me.

I have been in uni for two years now and I haven't made any friends, because I have social anxiety and I am completely incompetent in interracting with people. I have a few friends but I only see them during summer. I am alone most of the year and it is horrible. Anxiety and loneliness are a hellish combination.
I feel that. Going through my second year of uni and despite being in 2 group projects, patnering up each lab lesson and having shared accom last year I still struggle to make friends

• Hugs
Reactions: nux_walpurgis
icari

icari

Oct 24, 2023
I feel somewhat guilty that I am at the point of considering to CTB despite having a few decent close friends. But even though I have that, it does nothing for my sense of loneliness. I've spent 10 of the last 14 years of my life in relationships and 6 of those living with a partner. Now, after 3 years single, and with all my fucked up mental state and social anxieties, and the state the dating world is in, I simply do not see myself ever having the prospect of a life partner again. And that's the root of my loneliness really. Without someone to love and be loved by, literally everything else seems like a pointless waste of time.